The Job Listing

Only You

 

After classes end, you wander the streets -near school- aimlessly with Chen. Suddenly he rips a piece of paper off a shop window and shoves it under your nose.
 
"Look at this!" He starts to read off the paper. "Young people needed for waiter/waitress job. 15,000 won per hour..." And you don't hear the rest.
 
"15,000 won?! Per HOUR?!" You screech, ripping the paper out of his hands. You scan the ad hungrily, and then your shoulders droop.
"Aw, Chen. It's in Busan. And a-..." You keep reading the advertisement, then explode with both anger and happiness. "What kind of person holds a job interview THIS far away from the actual job?!" You calm down a bit. "But on the bright side, at least I won't have to travel far everyday."
 
Chen gingerly pulls the ad out of your hands with his long fingers. "It's probably because they want to see if you actually want the job." He tries to soothe you. "And its definitely worth the money for a high schooler." You look at him, and he reassures you with a smile. You smile back.
 
"Okay, I'll do it." You tell him. "And..." You read through the paper once more. "I can even go today if I'm quick!" You pull the paper out of Chen's hand and start to run down the street. Then you stop and yell to him,
 
"Did you want to come too?"
 
He yells back, "It's okay, you need it more than I do! And I have an exam to study for!"
 
You grin and wave goodbye to him, then continue the run to the train station.
 

       "After getting off at the train station, head west-southwest towards..." You mumble under your breath, reading off the job posting. You look up and around you. You seem to be lost in a worse part of Busan. Rundown buildings and small factories seem to surround you. You think you see a love hotel, but you don't want to check it out. You continue to walk forward for a couple seconds, then you stop and turn around.
 
"Closes...interviews finish at...ten o'clock?!" You whisper to yourself. Shoving the listing in your cross-body bag, you check the time on your watch. "Omona, it's almost nine forty-five! I have to get going if I wanna find this place..."
 
You're so immersed in your worries that you don't notice a small group of rowdy-looking guys emerge from behind an alleyway and follow you as you circle your way around the same buildings a couple times. Finally, you stop and sit on a dirty bench to study the mini-map on the job listing.
 
"Aha! I went wrong here, and then..." You continue mumbling to yourself as the men surround you, looking quite drunk. At some point, you look up only to realize you're surrounded by creepers. Your heart stops for a second, and then plunges through your stomach. 
 
"Why, heyy there, dawwll." One manages to slur out. 
 
Your mind starts to panic, fumbling for knowledge about self-defense.
 
"Aim for the crotch," you think. One guy steps forward and pulls you up by your hair. You yelp loudly for the pain, but he just leers at you. Then he throws you down onto the pavement and rips open the top buttons on your uniform.
 
"Oh my god, I'm going to be gang- by drunk guys!" One part of you screams while the other part continues to chant, "Aim for the crotch, aim for the crotch." You give up on both thoughts and start praying with both eyes shut.
 
"Truly, if there is a god somewhere out there, then show yourself! Don't let-!" But you don't get to finish your prayer because of the sounds you hear around you. Swears and groans coming from almost every direction; you're unsure what to think of it.
 
You slowly open your eyes to see the gang members -unconscious- littered around you, and one being beat up by a mysterious figure. The bastard who had been touching you was being punched silly by a stranger -with a nice body, you might add. The stranger throws one last blow, then tosses the limp body to the ground. He turns around and you see his face, and you suddenly realize why he had seemed so familiar. It was Kris, from school.
 
Kris, the hot bad boy. Kris... who was now passionately kissing you?!
 
  
 
[Needless to say, you never got the job. Which is alright because you phoned your parents, and it turns out they're having problems with their new bank account, which have been solved...for now ;)]

So, that's chapter two! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think of the story so far! Don't worry, things will definitely start to pick up (soon?)...

Chapter 3 Preview: "YOU STOLE MY FIRST KISS YOU BASTARD!!!"