Talk to Me

Only You

 

You finish folding your comforter and lie it down at the foot of your bed. Humming to yourself, you turn out the lights. Just as you stretch yourself out in bed, you realize the moonlight streaming in the window is directly in your eyes.

Sighing, you get out of bed to draw the curtains, then do a double-take when you see a familiar figure sprawled across the lawn.

You run downstairs and out the front door.

Kris is sitting with his knees pulled loosely up to his chest, one arm wrapped around them. He seems to be talking to the moon.

“I still miss you. Sometimes it’s like I can almost feel you within my reach. It’s unhealthy, right?” Kris laughs. It is a real laugh. Not forced, but full of amusement. He saddens as quickly as he had laughed. “I wish you’d come back.” He says quietly.

He sits there silently for a long moment. Then without turning around, he calls, “you? I know you’re there.”

You drop to all fours and crawl across the lawn toward him, sitting a careful foot away from him.

“I heard what your brother was saying. About me…and my ‘kind’ and about my ‘profession’.” Kris says slowly. “I figured that I owe you an explanation. The least I could do for letting me shack up with you for the past little while. And you might wonder about our little ‘agreement’, but that was pretty low of me.” Kris nods. “And it was a pretty ty agreement. It was next to nothing, but I had hoped that you would fall for it.” He grins. “And you did. I figured you were naïve enough to let me stay, even if you knew my basics. And I took advantage of your kindness; I knew you were too nice to kick me out, even if you did know that I was cheating you with our lame agreement.”

Kris takes a deep breath and sighs. “Knowing you, you probably want to know about all the nonsense I’ve been going on about, right?”

You shake your head, and then quickly nod. “Um, yes...?”

His long fingers are wrapped around an ice cream cone. “I know you know about Krystal. I guess I’ll start there?”

Kris turns his face up to the moon, and there is a pregnant pause before he speaks again.

“I love her.” He states simply. “Yeah,” He gives a little chuckle. “I still do.” His fingers press into the cone. “But she left me. She said she would never leave, but she left. Don’t they all?” He gives another forced laugh.

“Wow, older guy?” You remark, mind reeling. You try to sound as calm as possible.

To be frank, you couldn’t bring yourself to care much about this ‘Krystal’ fellow. You just wanted to know what part she played in Kris’ life.

“I wish.” Kris’ voice is choked with emotion. “It would’ve been better then. At least I could’ve moved on.”

He suddenly glances down and drops the cone like it had burned him.

“She died.”

You feel a surge of sentiment for Kris; for having loved and lost and never recovered. You’re almost scared to ask the next question.

“What happened?”

Kris doesn’t respond for awhile.

Staring up at the moon, he ponders your question and then replies carefully.

“Car crash. She was my everything. My first and my last. She was the creator of my life. And…my favourite owner.”

“Your favourite…owner?” You repeat apprehensively.

“It’s kind of a long…dirty…story.” Kris sighs. “Another story for another night. I’ve told you enough as it is.” He stands up, and then looks down at you. His head blocks the moon’s light; his shadow looming over you.

He studies you for an epigrammatic moment, then steps over your outstretched legs and goes inside.

 


I wasn't sure if I'd be able to update again soon (sorry, I'm all over the place @_@) so I did this double update...thing.

So, do you guys all still hate Krystal? 

~Comments = Love~

 

[Really random but,] Just gonna leave here with a random examples of EXOtics on crack...

 

«exo member kris cackles to himself after deciding on his arm tattoo choice. ‘ 4 life xD’ surrounded in rainbow flames was a good choice indeed.»

Gawd, i love this fandom.