Intruder Alert

Only You

 

CLAAANNGG!!!

You freeze.

You had been getting ready to go to bed, wearing your sleep-uniform consisting of a camisole and matching shorts. (It got awfully hot at night time in the summer.)

You were just getting into bed when you had heard the noise that came from downstairs. Then you had skittered out of your room and into the hallway when you heard voices.

You slowly move towards Kris' room, wishing fervently that he isn't there.

His light is on.

Suppressing the urge to scream, you scuttle on tiptoe to his room door, and quickly slip inside, shutting the door closed.

Kris looks up at you from his perch on his bed. Your eyes are probably bugging out of your head at this point as you gesture wildly to the floor soundlessly.

Kris his head to one side, confused, then walks over to you.

“What's going on?” He says in a low voice.

“I heard voices downstairs!” You whisper, still jabbing a finger towards the ground.

Kris looks mildly alarmed, but an expression of calm quickly renders his face devoid of emotion.

“Relax,” he mutters. “It's probably just a burglar.”

He seems to be talking more to himself than you.

Your eyes widen. “A burglar?! How am I supposed to relax if there's a burglar in my house?!” You screech.

Kris clamps a hand over your mouth.

“Shut up and stay here.” He whispers. “No, stay there.” He points to his bed and then slips out of the room noiselessly.

You take a couple shaky steps to his bed, and then collapse in front of it. Within a couple of seconds, he's back.

, they're here.” He hisses through clenched teeth.

He swiftly moves to the light switch, and flips it off.

“Get in there.” He says quietly.

“Get in where? Kris, I can't see you!” You get up and advance to where you think you heard his voice, when you suddenly feel two hands gripping your forearms. You gasp inwardly.

“Here.” Kris steers you to his closet. “Get in and don't come out, no matter what happens.”

“What's going on?” You ask fearfully. Your voice takes on a higher pitch. “Kris, what's going on?!”

“Shut up and stay still! Did you listen to me at all?”

You nod silently, but Kris seems to understand anyways.

“Good girl.” He mutters, ruffling your hair in the dark.

He closes the closet door, and you crouch down, waiting, waiting, waiting.

You hear another door closing. Probably Kris' room door. Then you hear a strange sound. It sounds like metal on metal. A wild screeching sound fills your ears, and you slap your hands over them.

Suddenly, wild, violent images flash into your mind. You're on the verge of hysteria, gripping your hair and rocking back and forth on your heels.

“Calm down, calm down.” You tell yourself. “He's alright. Nothing will hurt him. He's alright.”

Then something Kris had said earlier resounds in your mind. “They're here...”

Who was here? What was he talking about?  By the way, did this mean you were on good terms again? Or …speaking terms at least, right? Well that was awfully quick...

You hear a scream from below and you jump. What was going on? Was Kris alright?

You resort to counting steamboats, praying for time to pass faster.


People do that, right? Counting steamboats? like seconds? OTL

Ooh, double update today! Haven't done that in awhile...
As always,

Comments = Love = Updates!! :D

btw, summerysensibilityshe wouldn't do that because she doesn't have too much experience with guys LOL innocent rich girl...and she loves him too much, she just doesn't know it yet~ ^^

Chapter 29 Preview: "you ...is that you?"