A Sprint Down Memory Lane

Only You
 
"I think I'll stay here for awhile."
 
You continue to hold your stare. 
 
"You...what?" You say slowly.
 
"I was kicked out, so I'm staying here." Kris states simply.
 
"Kicked out?!" You screech. 
 
"Mm...in a sense." He replies vaguely. He ventures further down the hallway, and you follow him cautiously. 
 
"So...how long-... wait a second, why do I have to put up with you?! A girl and a guy staying together in the same house? That's probably not even legal!" You protest.
 
Kris doesn't turn around. "You do remember our...'agreement'," Kris makes quotation marks with his fingers. "Don't you?" 
 
You try to remember, and your mind flashes back to the night you first spoke to Kris. 
 
"Hey, I helped you. Gotta get something in return, right?"
 
You roll your eyes and nod, forgetting that Kris couldn't see you. As you open your mouth to speak, Kris suddenly stops and you almost fall over as you avoid falling into him.
 
"Is that...your mom?" He asks quietly, looking at the artistically arranged array of family photos on the wall. But he wasn't looking at all of them. No, he was looking at one in particular.
 
One photo stands out from the rest, the only one of you as an infant.
 
You approach the picture, your fingertips pressing lightly on the glass screen that protected the photo from finger smudges.
 
You were only a couple years old in the picture. It had been your first Halloween to go trick-or-treating. Your parents had gone all out, buying you a fairy costume with huge wings and an abnormally large skirt. Your mom had also dressed up, a dark fairy against your light. She too, had giant wings; black, dusted with purple glitter, that curled up at the ends. Her outfit had matched yours, right down to the dainty slippers, save for the highly reflective strips stuck on your costume to ensure your safety in the dark. 
 
In the picture, you're standing next to each other, your 4 year-old self hugging your mother's legs tightly.
 
You smile at the faint memory. You didn't exactly miss your mother, you just wished she'd come and visit you more often; have face-to-face conversations rather than converse through phone calls and emails.
 
Kris clears his throat then, snapping you out of your reverie. You glance at him irritatedly, then back at the picture.
 
"Yeah, that's my mom." You say with a proud grin.
 
"Huh." Kris replies, and continues down the hallway.
 
Annoyed, you follow him to the kitchen. 
 
Kris surveys the room, nodding to show his approval.
 
It annoys you even more.
 
"Kris, what the hell are you even-?"
 
He turns to you with a raised eyebrow.
 
"What was that?"
 
"Err...why were you kicked out again?" You reach for a tissue, absent-mindedly wiping up little drops of water that appeared on the counter top.
 
"I didn't say I was kicked out." Kris says nonchalantly.
 
"Yes, you did." You reply impatiently. "You said you got kicked out, and you were gonna stay here 'cause you're a black mailing cheat." Your anger continues to rise. 
 
Why was Kris staying here? Didn't he have a family to go back to?
 
Kris turns to you, bringing his body dangerously close to yours.
 
"I'm a black mailing...what?" He whispers.
 
You blink repeatedly, distracted. You can see little droplets of rain still clinging to his eyelashes.
 
"Were you going to repeat what you said, or..." Kris trails off as he manages to successfully execute a boring sentence in a suggestive manner.
 
"I...can...I said you were..." You mutter. 
 
You can the little flecks of black in his brown eyes, as well as the ring around his iris, coloured so black it was blue. 
 
His eyelids start to droop, his lips getting closer to yours. Just as his body presses to yours, you yelp and push him away.
 
"KRIS! You're all wet!"
 
He smirks in response and rakes a hand through his rain-soaked hair.
 
You glance away, embarrassed. "If you're going to be staying here, at least take a shower. I don't want to share a house with a sick stranger." You manage to get out.
 
Kris' smirk seems even livelier now.
 
"Stranger?" He wonders aloud. "We can become more, if you want..." 
 
You let the idea hang in the air for a moment.
 
"Kris..." You murmur, letting your eyes fall from his to rest on his lips. They were parted enticingly, and slightly wet. 
 
You approach him slowly and slide your hands up to his chest -his eyes seem to widen-, and grab his wet collar. 
 
Pulling him closer to you, you whisper in his ear,
 

"Go take a shower."
 


 
>:) trolling author likes to troll
...apparently...
Guu-uyyss! (She whined)
If I did my math correctly, only (approximately) 9% of my subscribers commented last time I updated.
(TT^TT) You guys just keep taking my updates for granted...(Or maybe I don't wait long enough; should I update once a week?)
Comments = Love = Updates!
 
Chapter 19 Preview: "Don't...leave..."