Only More Trouble

Only You

          You follow Kris at a lengthy distance, only to lose him a couple times and then find your way back to him. He didn't seem to be doing anything illegal or irresponsible. The only thing you find strange is that the entire route he seemed to be taking was on the worse side of the area. At one point, some shady-looking guys approach him, and they discuss something for a couple seconds, then Kris shakes his head firmly and they shrink back into the darkness.
As you approach them, your heart starts to beat faster and faster, your palms getting sweaty. You don’t know how people in this area act, you can’t trust anyone. You give the people a wide berth so they don't approach you, but they don't seem to notice you anyways. Breathing a sigh of relief, you continue your Kris-following quest.

With a start, you realize you’re standing alone in the empty street; you were so intent on avoiding the shadows that you lost Kris. You look around in a panic, heart beating wildly, every small noise magnified tenfold as you take in your shady surroundings.

          You hadn't noticed before, but Kris had been continually trekking into an area where the conditions were only getting worse and worse. You in a deep breath and then quickly decide against closing your eyes and counting to ten; you don't know what could happen within ten seconds here. You swallow slowly, and quickly go over your options. Then you slowly advance forwards, where you think Kris might've gone.

You've only been walking for a couple seconds when you're grabbed roughly from behind.

Your heart thumps wildly, so loud that you fear your assailant can hear it. You try to scream, but your mouth is covered by a strong, warm hand. For a split-second, there's a knife at your neck and then your assailant growls, “What the fu-?!” and drops his hands.

You're abruptly whipped around forcibly and you come face to face with Kris for the second time that night.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” Kris is speaking quietly, but you see the fury in his eyes. “What the hell do you want with me?!” He hisses. “Stop following me unless you want to get hurt.”

You're taken aback. Just earlier, he had been raving about how he wanted you to feel his pain, and now he was telling you off for being reckless? Something didn't seem right here.

You narrow your eyes, “Hey, look.” You start, pointing a finger at his chest. “You may think you're so hot 'cause everyone's scared of you, but I know better, okay? What are you up to so late at night in a place like this, huh?”

Your argument sounds lame, even to you.

"Aw crap, that sounded better in my head." You mumble.
You frantically grasp for a stronger foothold. 

“Besides, you said people spread rumours about you! They're not rumours if they're tr-mmph?!” Your volume had been rapidly escalating and Kris slaps his gloved hand over your mouth to drown out the end of your sentence.

“Shut up!” He whispers furiously. “Can't you just mind your own ing business?!” He pulls his hand away from your mouth with so much force that you're pushed backwards. He looks at you for a moment and then rolls his eyes. “I'll take you to the train station, come on.” Then he shoves his hands in his pockets and starts off at a brisk pace.

          You're left dumbfounded for a moment, and then you rush after him, keeping a little bit of distance between you in case he snaps and goes berserk on you. (You've heard he goes on rampages for no reason sometimes.)
As you walk, you realize Kris does not act like the average person. He is spontaneously rude and then suddenly nice and then occasionally rude again. You roll your eyes at the addition to your mental 'Kris Mysteries' list.

 

          Finally, you get to the train station. With your train ticket purchased and your train just pulling into the station, Kris is almost smiling, but an air of frostiness remains layered atop his emotions.

“Well, I guess this is where we part.” He says, shrugging his shoulders. He leans forward and his lips brush yours lightly, in an almost totally non-erted way.

“See you around.” He lifts a hand in farewell and then s it back into his pocket and walks off.

As you watch him leave, you realize that he doesn't act like a boy trying to be cool. He doesn't saunter or swagger in a failing attempt to seem 'cool'. He has his own air of 'cool' to him, and it leaves a faint smile on your lips as you board the train.



>.< What did you guys think of the chapter? Feel free to leave a comment below (I know you're there, you ~) and tell me whether I completely or not~

Chapter 5 Preview: “So what classifies as a 'touch'?”