False Alarm

Only You

 

“…42 steamboats, 43 steamboats…” You continue to whisper to yourself when you hear the sound of a door opening.

It was dangerously close.

You then hear your name being called, "you ...!"

It is not a voice you have heard before.  It’s way too deep to belong to Kris, and you don’t know who else it could belong to.

You clap your hands over your mouth to prevent yourself from screaming, then wince, hoping you weren’t too loud.

Your heartbeat thumps loudly in your body like a steady drum beat.  Perhaps if you waited long enough, quietly enough, the person would leave…?

Surely enough you hear retreating footsteps, and you let your guard down.

Letting your hands fall to your sides, you let out a deep breath. Suddenly the door is thrown open and you scream.

“AAAAHHH!!!” The action is mirrored by the person standing in front of you. Then he claps a large hand over his mouth.

He stares at you with huge, wild eyes and then, “you…is that you?”

You stare up at him frightfully. You cross your arms over your body in an attempt to cover yourself.

“Who…who are you?” You ask, voice wavering treacherously. You curse yourself internally.

The man –with a very cute face, you might add– blinks down at you dumbly. Then he reaches down and pulls you up by the shoulders.

You squeal and try to slap him away. “HEY! WHO ARE YOU?!” You scream.

Where was Kris? Had he abandoned you because of what you had done before?

“AAHH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” You yelp abruptly, jerking away from him.

He had been studying you intently, bringing his face no more than a mere centimeter or two from yours. Then he had abruptly blown into your eyes.

“I’m going to say this one more time.” You try to steady your voice. “You tell me who you are, or you get the hell out of my house. I’ve already called the police.”

The man –no, he seemed more of a boy than a man now– boy jumped back, throwing his hands up in defence.

“Don’t call the police! Don’t you recognize me?!” He says, almost pitifully.

You peer at him closely. Now that he mentioned it, he did look vaguely familiar.

It comes to you in a sudden flash.

Your brother. How could you have forgotten your beloved older brother, a meagre five years older than you, who had left home in a failed attempt to ‘find himself’ as a teenager? 

“Ch-…Chanyeol?!


pfft, sorry bout the trolling everyone, it's an exotic thing

but xD the look on your face! haha, all you who commented saying stuff that it'd be someone from Kris' past...
it was going to be, but then i changed it cuz i needed her bro to hurry up and show up

sorry bout the late update, everyone, i have exams this week, so i might be a little slower... but anyways,

Comments = Motivation = Love = Updates!! (there, that makes more sense)

Chapter 30 Preview: 'There it was again! The metal on metal screech. It ripped through your eardrums like a lion into its prey.'