Chapter 23

My Angels

Chapter 23: Break her a little more

A whip met the open wound on Hyoyeon’s body and she bit her lip to keep the scream from escaping. She would not give her torturer that satisfaction. For the past few minutes –or was it longer?-, Hyoyeon had been hit repeatedly on the same spot to make sure she would not heal as fast or as slow as it already took for any of her wounds to heal.

“Enough.”

That sound boomed from the entrance making the arrival of newcomer known. The word was a common one but it was the authority behind the word that carried the weight of it. The tone was one that clearly spared no nonsense and anyone who dares disobey was as good as dead.

And now, Hyoyeon was at the receiving end of it, except she wasn’t dead yet.

“Hello my dear daughter.”

For the first time since coming back to this hell, something close to outrage flashed in Hyoyeon’s eyes and she refused to look at the man who had addressed her. She hated him. No, hate was too little to even describe her feelings for him. How could a Father do this to his own child and be alright with it? Why couldn’t she lead a normal life with a loving family and have an education instead of being abused daily in this hellhole? She detests him.

Kim Bum Soo was no Father of hers.

“Look at me when I’m talking to you, .”

Won Soo grabbed her chin and forced her to look up but Hyoyeon was having none of it and kept her eyes tightly shut. She did not want him to see the emotions in her eyes and let him know that he had made her feel. Bum Soo growled at her defiance and motioned for Yong Suk to carry on with his punishment while keeping her chin tightly wrapped under his fingers.

As the sound of the whip reached the ears of Hyoyeon, she prepared herself for the pain that was to come. She tried her very best to keep her face in check but she failed to as her eyes popped open and a scream escaped her lips. At that moment, the whip was about to come down on her once more but Bum Soo signaled for the grinning Yong Suk to stop.

“You will know that there are consequences to pay for disobeying me. Do you know how much trouble you have caused me?” Bum Soo snarled and grabbed Hyoyeon by her hair.

The girl did not reply but merely stare at the person she was supposed to call ‘Father’.

At her silence, Bum Soo suddenly let out a menacing grin as a hint of dark humor appeared in his eyes.

“You know what the funny part is? You spent those two months escaping and thinking that you really managed to. But guess what, your little boyfriend gave you up immediately when he heard that we had his real girlfriend –what was that girl’s name again?- Ah, Kwon Yuri. He gave your location up when he heard Yuri’s voice on the phone without any hestitation. You think you mean a lot to him and your puny little friends? Think again, my dear daughter.

You will never escape my clutches.”

And in that moment, all emotions and feelings that Hyoyeon had tried so hard to keep behind her stony mask broke loose as two trails of tears made their way down her cheeks. 

 

A/N: Hey my lovelies! It's my first update of 2014, and so HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! May your wishes come true and may you have a good year (: I've been trying to finish this fic so I can just update it as and when I like, butttt, I'm still not done. I'm close to finishing it though; and I just want to remind ya'all that you are in for a BIG SURPRISE AND BIG PLOT TWIST. Don't hate me! >< 

Hope you enjoy this chapter and how was your new year everyone? (: 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONS&VOTESARELOVED!~ <3