Chapter 22

My Angels

Chapter 22: Lee Min Seok

The wait was driving him crazy.

It has been three days since they have found Eunhyuk and Yuri unconscious.

It has been three days since Hyoyeon had gone missing.

And it was driving Donghae crazy.

The only people who knew what exactly happened to Hyoyeon were lying in the hospitals showing no signs of awakening anytime soon. The doctors had claimed that the duo took hard blows to their head which caused a concussion and thus, it was difficult to predict when they were going to wake up. They also had injuries all over and it would be best for them to rest up as much as possible for now to allow the body to heal.

And that was the problem.

Donghae did not have time.

It was clear to everyone that Hyoyeon’s past had caught up to her with Eunhyuk’s and Yuri’s injuries serving as the proof. But no one had any idea who Hyoyeon’s Father was or where to even start looking for the young girl. Since desperate times called for desperate measures, Donghae was left with no choice but to engage in his last possible option in finding the young girl he had grown very much attached to.

He sought help from his father.

Lee Min Seok was a lawyer and one of the best in the country. That man had been a lawyer for the past 30 years of his life and had fought his way to the top. Fighting many cases for justice and winning his cases 8 out of 10 times had him claiming a seat as one of the country’s top lawyers.

And as a lawyer, Donghae’s father has connections.

Connections that were very much vital in finding the girl Donghae had vowed to protect ever since she has stepped into their life.

Dragging his hands through his messy locks of hair, Donghae knocked on the door that would lead him to the man he most respected and loved. Despite being busy with his lawsuits, Min Seok always made sure he had time for his family and tried his best to free up his work to take a vacation with his family once a year. It was this that bonded the father and son for Min Seok was always there at every event Dong Hae took part in. He was a supportive father who gave his advice and suggestions on important matters but at the same time, respected and backed up every decision Dong Hae has made.

“Dong Hae? What a surprise, you rarely visit me at work.”

“Hello Dad, I’m not here for a visit. I need your help.”

Immediately, Min Seok put down the pen he had been holding over stacks of paperwork he needed to look through for his newest case- sentencing a man who had been working under a monster who tend to kidnap young girls off the street and e them.

“Have a seat, son. Take your time, and try not to miss out any details.”

Dong Hae took a seat before closing his eyes and starting the story.

“Two months ago, while I was out with the guys, we saved this girl from a few men who were chasing after her. She had bruises and scars all over, Dad. We took her back to Teuk Hyung’s house and she has stayed there ever since. The first time we took her there, Seohyun treated her to her wounds and she told us that her wounds looked like they had been open and reopened before they even have the time to heal. It was appalling; whoever did that to her were monsters.

I was the one the guys instructed to take care of her and I don’t know how and why, but I felt such a need to protect her ever since the first time I looked at her in my arms. The look in her eyes when she told me her story the morning after just broke me, Dad. It turns out she had been abused her whole life. Her Dad ed her when she turned 14 and started beating her at the age of 10. You should have seen her face when she was telling me all this; I had never met anyone so strong and yet, so fragile at the same time.

But she was beautiful. In the two months, she lived with us. She blossomed. She went to school with us and she made so many friends. She wasn’t the tiny, scared little girl. She became a ray of sunshine and I was overjoyed. I suppose her blossoming had something to do with Eunhyuk; they got together.

But three days back, it all changed.

The guys minus Eunhyuk went out clubbing while Seohyun was at her friend’s for a sleepover. Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk were the only one at home. I have no idea what happened but when we got home at around 2am, we realized someone had broken in.

I arrived to only find the most gruesome scene I had saw in my entire life. Eunhyuk and Yuri- one of Eunhyuk’s ‘girlfriend’ before Hyoyeon- were lying in the bed covered in blood. They were unconscious. We sent them to the hospital and even though the surgeries went well, they are still in a coma. The doctors have no idea when they would wake up.

The worst part of all is that she’s missing.

I have no option left, Dad. That’s why I’m here. Please, I beg you, please help me find her. Her past has caught up to her and we are the only people she can count on to save her. So please Dad, please save her.”

By the end of Dong Hae’s story, Min Seok was already by his son’s side, both hands on the younger one’s shoulders to comfort him. Dong Hae had always been emotional and worrying about this said girl was obviously taking a lot out of him for halfway through the story, he already had tears down his cheeks.

“I promise you son, I will do all I can to help you find her and get her back. But now, I just need a name, what’s her name?”

With much difficulty, Dong Hae whispered, “Kim Hyoyeon, her name is Kim Hyoyeon.”

Perhaps it was because his shoulders were shaking so much with grief or perhaps it was because of the lack of sleep or perhaps it was because his mind was overrunning with too many thoughts, Dong Hae failed to notice that the hands on his shoulders had stiffened. There was an alarmed look on the face of the man Dong Hae loved and respected while his eyes hold a suspicious glance.

Kim Hyoyeon… Could it be?

Min Seok shook his head.

No, that would be too much of a coincidence… Or was it?

 

A/N: Hi ya'all! Sorry for taking so long to update, I had a work project going on that took so much out of me. I'm sorry for that. But long chapter to make up for it? Keke. No idea how this chapter came to be so long, but I really like this chapter. i hope I brought out all the feelings in Dong Hae and his Dad. Let me know what you think please! Was this a good chapter? Or not? 

I know Min Seok isn't Dong Hae's real dad, I just made up a name. Remember, everything is fictional here! 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONS&VOTESARELOVED!~ <3