Chapter 15

My Angels

Chapter 15: Twice the beat

Before Donghae’s heart could even recover from the previous assault by Hyoyeon, it skipped yet another beat as Eunhyuk suddenly appeared by their table. From the look on the latter’s face, Donghae being the best friend could already see that Eunhyuk reciprocated Hyoyeon’s feelings and the things that were going to happen was not going to be good for Donghae.

Time seemed to have stopped for Donghae as he watched the scene before him unfold silently. Hyoyeon who had realized the presence of Eunhyuk moments after Donghae sat frozen in her seat. Donghae watched as Eunhyuk approached the younger girl whose jaw had dropped.

Donghae saw Eunhyuk’s lips moving but he could not hear the words; or perhaps he did not want to. Donghae saw Hyoyeon’s eyes slowly lighting up but he did not understand the meaning behind that spark; or perhaps he did not want to. Donghae saw Hyoyeon’s head nodding furiously but he did not know why; or perhaps he did not want to.

Eunhyuk’s lips had stopped moving and turned into a big wide grin, a grin that matched the one on Hyoyeon’s face. The duo stared at each other with silly grins on their faces for what seemed like eternity to Donghae before Eunhyuk opened his mouth once more.

Donghae saw Hyoyeon replying to Eunhyuk’s question before the duo turned towards him. With a smile on her excited face, Hyoyeon told Donghae that she was leaving with Eunhyuk and thanked Donghae for his ice cream treat. Eunhyuk just smiled his typical gummy smile at Donghae before following after the young girl that was headed for the door.

As the bell on the door rang, signaling that the couple was gone, Donghae sank back down on his chair and let out a breath he did not know he had been holding in. A strange feeling tug at his heart and waves of protectiveness run through him, urging him to chase Hyoyeon back and not let her go with Eunhyuk.

 “You do? You like me too?”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

“Can we… Can we go out on a date right now?”

“Erm… Yeah, sure.”

Yet, all Donghae could do was stare at the door with a heavy heart.

 

A/N: Shocker anyone? Haha, just don't kill me, you Hyohae fans! I warned you guys about drama coming up! ;)

I'm sorry it took so long to post this chapter, I was having such a huge writer's block. I rewrote this chapter like about 5 times and I finally got it right!

Have a happy new year! And, thank you for all your support this past year! Continue to give me your support for 2013 too! Thank you! <3

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3