Chapter 20

My Angels

Chapter 20: From 2.43am to 6.01am

Donghae paced up and down the corridor that was way too brightly lit with its white walls and white lights. The building he was currently in was bustling as people spoke in hushed whispers while others commanded attention with their loud instructions. Moans and groans can be heard from every hallway while sobs and tears filled every corner the floor has to over.

The green light that signaled the ongoing of an operation had been lighted way too long for his liking. He had been here since 2.43am and it was already 6.01am. The hospital is starting to sound like a wet market- too noisy; and Donghae had never been one for a wet market. The sterile smell of the hospital was getting to him and his head felt like it was going to explode soon.

“Sit down and your headache will dull.”

Leeteuk who had went to grab coffee for the boys had rely to find Donghae’s frown deepening more and more and after years of being friends, he knew that the hospital was irritating his younger friend and that the latter had a headache. Donghae said nothing but settled down next to Heechul who had Seohyun’s friend, Taeyeon on his shoulder. Siwon and Kyuhyun occupied the seats opposite the Heechul and each had Tiffany and Seohyun respectively on their shoulders. Sunny was the only one of Seohyun’s friends who was awake and she gladly accepted the coffee the Leeteuk offered.

Donghae also accepted the coffee and stared at the green sign while the memories of finding his best friend covered in blood haunted him for the sixth time within those 4 hours.

The boys had returned home after a night of clubbing and most of them were drunk off their butts, with the exception of Leeteuk, the ever responsible one. Donghae could not remember what happen at the start but he remembered seeing Leeteuk dropped the maknae who he had been carrying and yelling ‘’ before rushing into the house. Heechul who had been more sober than him and had been helping him to the house, release his hold on Donghae and followed suit after Leeteuk.

Donghae then realized that something was off and any sorts of alcohol inside his system influencing his thinking immediately left and he hurried after the two elder ones. He had rushed up the stairs only to witness the most horrifying situation in his life.

Blood.

There was so much blood.

His best friend, Lee Eunhyuk was lying on the bed that once had white sheets but was now tainted with blood. Beside him was a girl Donghae knew well, Kwon Yuri. The pillows where their heads was lying was soaked with blood. Their bare bodies which had been exposed to the world had streaks of blood all over as well. Yuri looked slightly better than Eunhyuk but her lower body was covered in blood.

And Eunhyuk…

His best friend…

Eunhyuk appeared to have been punched and kicked all over. There were dark spots where Donghae was sure internal bleeding had occurred and the left side of his face had a huge swell. But yet, Eunhyuk showed no signs of pain and looked so serene lying down there. In that moment, Donghae’s heart stopped and he prayed with all he had that his best friend was not… Dead.

While Donghae had been staring at his best friend, his brother, for what seemed like an eternity; the medics and the police had arrived. As his shock wore off slightly, he realized the Leeteuk or Heechul had covered the two victims and they were now trying to assist the medics in getting the two into the ambulance. Leeteuk told the medics what happened while Heechul filled the police officers in.

As Donghae stood there, unsure of what to do, Siwon lightly grabbed his Hyung by the arm and guided Donghae into the car where Kyuhyun was already sober and waiting. Siwon had then handed Donghae a bottle of water and drove the three of them to the hospital.

Once the three younger ones had reached the hospital, they were informed that the two victims had already been sent in for operation and all they could do now was wait. Seohyun had arrived with her three friends awhile after Donghae arrived with worry all over her face. And then, Donghae witnessed yet another heartbreaking scene as he saw Seohyun clung on to the jacket of Leeteuk and sobbed into his chest. Seohyun was a strong girl and rarely shed a tear; for her to sob so loudly and without any reserve unnerved Donghae and so, he had looked away and stared the green sign.

And stared at the green sign he did.

For hours, he worried, they all worried.

Eventually, the girls with the exception of Sunny fell asleep and the guys could finally have conversation about what had occurred. They had not wanted to alarm the girls, especially Seohyun and Tiffany for it was obvious that their current attention was only on Eunhyuk and partly Yuri. The guys knew Sunny could take the news; after all, she was the mom to the girls.

Yet, before they even need to speak, it was already showing in their eyes.

The question that had been nagging at them once all of them got to settle down and had the chance to think through the events.

Where the hell was Hyoyeon?

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry that it took so long to update, school is a freaking pain in the . But a longer chapter to make up for it? keke

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter; I had so much fun writing it, I really like this chapter, not for the sadness but how I wrote it. Haha, it seems good to me, is it good for you guys? (: 

You see that Yong Suk lie about not hurting the two, didn't he? But he is a heartless bastard after all, so all he did was spare Hyoyeon from watching it. 

Team HyoHae or Team HyoHyuk guys? Regardless of your teams, KEEP AN OPEN MIND. Plot twist coming up that might seriously screw up some things you guys think are true now, hint hint haha. 

COMMENTS&SUBCRIPTIONS&VOTESARELOVED!~ <3