Chapter 14

My Angels

 

Recap: The Queenkas continued picking on Hyoyeon (Chapter 10) and Eunhyuk had came to Hyoyeon's rescue. (Chapter 11) The two of them spent a wonderful time at the bus stop and there were no pretenses. (Chapter 12) However, after that day, Hyoyeon started avoiding Eunhyuk and got confronted by him on Monday before school. They then settled for starting over again. (Chapter 13

 

Chapter 14: I might like him

[Author’s POV]

Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon soon became good friends and the both of them were always hanging out when they were not with their own clique. The bullying had stopped after the Friday that Eunhyuk had seen the Queenkas’ actions. Eunhyuk had used his connections with the Queenkas and made them stop their bullying without stating the reasons. Now, Hyoyeon would just get glares from the Queenkas whenever they were walking by.

It was two weeks after Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon had started afresh that Donghae finally got his courage and decided to ask Hyoyeon about the two of them. No, Donghae was not jealous, he was sure of that, he just felt protective of the younger girl. And so, it leaded to him asking Hyoyeon out of ice cream and wanting to know more about her and Eunhyuk.

“Oppa, just ask what you want to ask. You look a gold fish, opening and closing your mouth so many times!”

After living with Seohyun and hanging out with all of them for a month, Hyoyeon had become more comfortable with them and started teasing them all. Her favourite target was Siwon who was such a gentleman that just accepted all of her remarks and smiled kindly at her. Siwon was like the big brother she never had, much like Donghae was to her.

“Yah! I’ll have you know my nickname is fishy so it’s alright for me to act like a fish!” Donghae replied, looking flustered as his intentions got exposed.

“Okay, Oppa. Whatever you say.” Hyoyeon teased once more, while returning to nibble on her chocolate ice cream.

Donghae stared dumbfounded at her cool attitude and realized just how much this little girl had grown in the one month. Even though Hyoyeon was still afraid of people touching her and would flinched at loud noises, once even crying out loud upon hearing Heechul screaming at Lee Teuk for not taking good care of the hat Heechul lend him; Hyoyeon had become more open with them and she was like a part of their family now.

Donghae could only smile widely at the changes that Hyoyeon went through. He was glad that their family was good for her.

“Now Oppa, you looked like an idiot grinning at me!” Unable to stop herself, Hyoyeon provoked Donghae once more, seeing his big smile and waited for his own teasing.

“What’s with Eunhyuk and you nowadays?”

The topic suddenly took a serious turn as Donghae ignored Hyoyeon’s teasing and asked the question he has wanted to ask since they stepped into the ice cream parlor. Hyoyeon’s jaw dropped open at his question and a full on blush appeared on her cheeks, making them rosy in spite of the coldness at the parlor.

“What-what do you mean?” Finding herself stumped at Donghae’s sudden question, Hyoyeon spouted out the first thing she thought of even though she knew what Donghae means.

At Hyoyeon’s question, Donghae raised his eyebrow and stared at the younger girl for a full minute and waited till the shock wore off before repeating his question.

“What’s with Eunhyuk and you nowadays?”

“We are friends. That’s it.”

Hyoyeon chose the shortcut and prayed that Donghae did not ask her to elaborate more. She herself was afraid to answer that question thoroughly because it seemed as if her relationship with Eunhyuk went beyond friends and her feelings too.

“Don’t lie. You guys seem awfully close for someone that had been hated by the other before.”

Donghae quickly continued, wanting to know the full truth. Donghae might be oblivious at times but somehow, this time, he sensed that the situation with Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk went a lot deeper than friends and there was a tug in his heart at the thought of that.

“Honestly? I have no idea… Eunhyuk Oppa says that we are friends but… I think… it’s more than that. At least what I’m feeling for him is more than that…”

The last sentence was whispered and Donghae could barely hear it but he did, and another painful tug pulled at his heart.

“What feelings?” Donghae probed even more, despite his hurting heart, he wanted to know the truth.

“I think… I might like him.”

And just like that, Donghae’s heart skipped a beat.

 

A/N: Hey guys! I'm back! Have you guys missed this story? Haha, prob not? 

I'm sorry this story is taking so long to complete, I'll try to complete this as soon as I can~ Things are falling into places and drama will soon be happening *evil laughter* 

I'm curious, who are you guys reading this for? Hyohyuk, or Hyohae? Haha, leave your comments below! ^^ 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONSARELOVED!~ <3