Chapter 21

My Angels

Chapter 21: Reflection in the Mirror

How long has it been?  

Hours, days or months?

The girl lying on the thin mattress had no idea.

She stared at the mirror that was situated opposite the mattress to reflect the person she had become. It was Cha Yong Suk’s idea to put a mirror in every torture room to show and remind the girl inside the room how much they- the tormentors- had broken her.

And indeed, she was.

She was broken, just like before.

Hyoyeon could barely recognize the girl in the reflection; the human –a term used loosely- had bruises all over, dark eye circles and dried up blood around the face. The girl’s hair which had once been a lovely brown had lost its shine as it hung limply around the girl’s face. Her skin which had been a healthy shade of brown was now a sickly shade of white as the girl went from tanned to pale. Most importantly were her eyes. Those orbs were now back to the emotionless, empty void it had been since young. The windows to her soul betrayed nothing about what it was supposed to show- her soul.

Hyoyeo admitted to herself that it has been awhile since she had felt so numb and empty especially after she had experienced what happiness and joy was like. In those moments when she was alone by herself, she allowed those hardened eyes and heart of hers to let down their walls and her to let down her guard just for that moment. She allowed the mirror to reflect and show herself the pain, hatred and devastation she was carrying deep inside.

Ever since she had been ‘forced’ to wake up through the pouring of cold water that was mixed with salt down her wounded body, she had been facing torturous punishment one after another that caused her to black out as her body could barely take it. When she awake, she would be fed and if she didn’t want to eat, she would have to watch another girl take the punishment for her. The tormentors simply could not allow her to die. They knew that she would never subject another human being to pain because of her own reasons and so she ate.

It had become a daily routine; for her to get tortured and faint, then wake up to eat and get tortured once more. The cycle continued with Cha Yong Suk being relentless and merciless since his favourite toy was now back into his hands.

The only surprise Hyoyeon had was not meeting her Father yet but she had been told after consuming the previous meal and before the last beating that after she wakes up, she would be sent to meet her Father. Apparently, her Father had been out doing business and thus was not able to ‘visit’ soon enough. But now that he was back, Cha Yong Suk had guaranteed her that everything was going to change for the better and for the worst.

And without a doubt, Hyoyeon knew what he meant. It would become better for him and worse for her as soon as she meets her Father.

 

A/N: You guys are seriously the best. Compared to my other fics with OCs that has more subscribers than this OTP fanfic, you guys comment way more than that and I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS FOR THAT. And so, I'm going to be updating this more often than the others.. Hehe. :P 

COMMENTS&SUBSCRIPTIONS&VOTESARELOVED!~ <3