Eye Contact

Unforgettable

As soon as we got to the unprecedented concert we had to perform at we were immediately escorted to wardrobe. The concert was already halfway through, it was only a miracle that the group that canceled was at the end of the show. We ended up finishing about ten minutes before it was our turn and then we were rushed to get our mics set. Once we finally finished we lined up and I realized that the group performing before us was Exo. They were just finishing their Overdose performance. Without realizing it I caught myself searching for Kai. When I found him I smiled. He looked amazing on stage and that was one thing I couldn't deny even when I didn't like him. His stage presence was amazing. Once they finished they bowed and walked off the stage. Getting off the stage and going backstage into all the darkness made you feel like you were momentarily blind so I was surprised when Kai walked past me and whispered, "Hi." It immediately brought a smile to my face to realize he had noticed me. I didn't have time to respond as we walked to our places. The crowd was giving off great vibes as we were the last group to perform and they were trying to enjoy the last couple of minutes. Considering the crew had to figure everything out at the last minute for our performance I was pleasantly surprised that everything went well. When the song was finishing and I was in my final pose facing the backstage entrance I noticed someone staring at me. I looked up only to make eye contact with Kai. He smiled at me and I smiled back before the lights went off. At the end of the concert every group that had performed walked out on stage. It was like a final encore for the crowd. Everyone walked out and we were all dancing to a remix of all the songs performed throughout the concert. I was having fun with my groups members dancing around without even realizing that Exo was standing behind us before Joo Young finally pointed it out.

"Someone is happy to see you!" she said.

"Hmm?" I asked. Without saying anything she grabbed me by the shoulders and turned me around. I was met with Kai standing less than 5 feet away.

"Hey!" he said.

"Hi!" I replied smiling. "You looked great out there!"

"Of course I did." he said, making me roll my eyes.

"And here I was thinking I was gonna get a compliment back." I replied.

"I would never date anyone who didn't look as good as I do." he replied. At first that made me laugh but then I realized what he said.

"Kai!" I said, smacking his arm, "You can't just say that. There are people everywhere! What if they hear us!" I whispered.

"So what?" he asked.

"You know I can't have a scandal on my hands this early into my career." I replied. "It's not like SM can take anymore scandals either. They already handled the other ones with such great care." I said whilst rolling my eyes.

"Yeah I know, it's gonna for a while. But I don't totally want to hide our relationship." he pouted.

"I know, I don't either, but we have to be careful for a while. I don't want to keep it a secret because we all know what happened last time someone did that, but I don't think it's quite the right time to out ourselves yet." I said referencing the Baekhyun and Taeyeon incident.

"Guys, I don't think now is the right time to have this conversation." Joo Young jumped in from the side. All of a sudden we remembered where we were and realized we had stopped dancing.

"True, let's talk about this later. I know it's a sensitive subject." Kai said.

"Okay, text me." I said. He nodded and went back to his group. Our festivities ended with a great group encore and a very happy audience. We had about a thirty minute break before we had to meet together with our boss to have dinner. We were all exhausted so we were resting for that half hour backstage.

"So what was that very intense conversation you and Kai were having on stage today?" Hye Mi asked.

"It was just about what we are going to do about our relationship, or basically how we are going to announce it and when. It's really complicated you guys." I pouted.

"You guys will figure it out, I'm sure." Yuri replied from her seat near the mirror. She was taking off her makeup already considering we only had our dinner and then dance practice.

"I hope so, I have no idea what to do." I said again. This was so complicated. The main thing I was thinking about in this situation were the fans. We all know Exo fans are very dedicated and our own fans were very dedicated too. We worked so hard to make our fans happy and it was hard to reveal something like this without being worried about how they would react. I was happy with Kai, even if it had been only a short while, I didn't want our fans to be unhappy when I was. After contemplating this for another few minutes the resolve I came to was to wait until things became a little more serious. As much as I liked Kai, I still wasn't sure where this was going.

"So when are you guys meeting again?" Joo Young asked.

"I don't know, I told him to text me."

"Well check your phone then!" she yelled.

"Okay, gosh!" I replied searching my jacket for my phone. Once I found it, I checked it only to be disappointed. "He hasn't texted me yet."

"Well he's probably busy. After all Exo has a lot of activities this time of year." I nodded and continued to sulk for a while before my train of thought was interrupted by our manager. It was time for us to go to dinner and meet up with our boss.

"So what exactly is this about?" Yuri asked.

"No matter how many times you ask I won't tell you!" our manager replied. I guess it really was a surprise, well whatever it may be, I hope it was a good one. I wasn't particularly fond of surprises.

"So what do you guys think it will be?" Hye Su asked.

"I have no idea, there are about a million reasons he could ask to meet up, especially to dinner. Plus manager oppa seems to be in a good mood, so I don't think it's anything bad."

"I guess we'll just have to wait." Yuri said.

[A/N] I will leave you all here. Honestly I'm not too happy with this chapter. I feel like it's sort of a filler but hopefully it will get more exciting soon. Sorry for the late update as well, finals are coming up and I've got a lot of studying to do! Wish me luck! XOXO A