Kai

Unforgettable

The only problem after that kiss was the fact that I couldn't leave yet. The photo shoot wasn't done yet. The rest of my members had to pose too and at the end we had a group shot. The rest of the shoot lasted for about two more hours before the group shot. I was thankful to not be placed anywhere near Kai. We took pictures for another half an hour before we were finally done.

"Good job everyone! Vogue will be very happy with this photo shoot, I can promise you that!" our photographer said. We all bowed and were shooed off to our dressing rooms to change and get dinner before Star King.The rest of the day went by quickly considering the fact that I could barely concentrate after the photo shoot earlier. I was finally able to forget about it when practice came around. As always I stayed after to practice some more on my own.

After I practiced the chorus of MAMA about 5 more times I decided it was time to take a break. Not even wanting to move anymore I laid flat on the floor and closed my eyes to regain my breath.

“What are you doing?” I heard someone ask. I opened my eyes and was immediately shocked to see Kai’s face right above mine. My reflexes took over and my head shot up, bumping both of our heads together.

“OW!! Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow!!!” I started shouting while grabbing my forehead. When the pain subsided a little I looked at Kai who was also holding his forehead.

“WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WERE GOING TO ACCOMPLISH BY SNEAKING UP ON ME?” I yelled at him.“Now we both are probably gonna have the most humongous bruises ever!” I said continuing to hold my forehead.

“Jeez, I’m sorry. Maybe you shouldn’t have overreacted and knocked our heads together.” Kai yelled back. We both glared at each other before I scoffed and looked the other way. I got up and walked over to the mirror to check my forehead.

“Great. Now I'm gonna get yelled at by makeup unnie.” I pouted looking in the mirror.

“Let me see.” Kai said walking towards me.

“Forget it.” I replied crossing my arms and turning away from him.

“Stop being so stubborn.” He replied and turned me around to look at my forehead. His hand gently grazed across my forehead.

“Does this hurt?” Kai asked pressing his fingers a little against my forehead.

“Just a little.” I replied grimacing a little at the faint pain.

“Okay, let me go get a towel and some water and we can put it on your forehead.” Kai said before leaving. I continued to look at my forehead in the mirror and noticed a faint light blue color starting to appear. Kai returned with a bowl of water and a towel.

I went and sat down beside Kai while he dipped the towel lightly in the water and then onto my forehead. I looked up slightly to see his face. He looked really genuine while he was taking care of me and I couldn’t help but smile at him. I also noticed that he had a small cut on his lip. I instinctively reached out to touch it.

“Kai, you need to take care of this cut.” I told him.

“Its fine, just stay still okay?” He told me.

“Kai…”

“I’ll take care of it after okay.” He cut me off. After he finished I insisted on taking care of his cut. I took the wet towel and dabbed away the blood on his lip, then I took out a small band aid from my bag and placed it on his cut. I leaned in closer to make sure that he didn’t have any other cuts, staring at his lips I got the urge to lean in and kiss them. I could feel myself turn red and I turned around slightly clearing my throat.

“What? Am I just that good looking that you had to look away.” I could immediately tell that Kai was perfectly fine.

“I wasn’t looking at you, I was looking at your lips dummy.” I replied.

“Does that mean you wanted to kiss me?” I could sense the smirk on Kai’s face before I even turned around to look at him.

“No!” I replied slightly blushing.

“That’s funny ‘cuz you’re blushing.” Kai smirked.

“Why are you here anyway?” I asked slightly getting annoyed.

“I noticed the light still on and figured it was you so I wanted to see what you were up to.” Kai replied.

“What else could I be up to besides practicing?” I replied sighing.

“Is it going well?” Kai asked.

“Better than before, I can actually dance the chorus now and the beginning and I got the middle too.” I replied slightly proud of myself. After all MAMA wasn’t an easy song to dance too.

“That’s good, you wanna show me?” Kai asked.

“I don’t know…..”

“Aww, come on. It’s not like I’ll laugh or anything.”

“You sure about that?”

“I might be a jerk sometimes but I know this dance is difficult, just do it.” Kai told me. I managed to get a minute and thirty seconds within the song before I started messing up again. I stopped the music and crouched down on the floor.

“God dang it! I had it before too. Why can’t I get it now?” I muttered frustrated at myself.

“Don’t worry about it, I’ll just teach you again.” I heard Kai say next to me. I looked up and noticed he was standing next to me extending his hand out. I took it and he helped me up. He helped me like before and thanks to him I could actually dance the middle and the chorus again. We were both too exhausted to continue with the end but Kai promised to teach me next time.

“Thanks for teaching me…again.” I thanked Kai while we were on our way to the dorm.

“No problem.” He replied. I contemplated a little before asking him something that’s been on my mind.

“How come you’re being so nice all of a sudden?” I asked.

“I don’t know, I felt like making it up to you for the photo shoot.” Kai replied, I blushed a little thinking again about the photo shoot.

“Oh okay…”

“Hey, you wanna get some ice cream?” Kai asked. I stopped walking and gave him a questioning look.

“What’s up with the sudden topic change?” I asked.

“You looked a little uncomfortable with the topic, plus I noticed that grocery store over there and I got a sudden craving.” Kai replied, I looked at him and shook my head before giggling a little.

“You are so weird.” I told Kai, while walking towards the store.“Let’s go get some ice cream.” I said noticing Kai wasn’t following me.

We were both walking back to the dorm again after picking out our ice creams when I asked Kai if we could stop by the tiny park near our dorm.

“Why all of a sudden?” Kai asked.

“Hey, you get sudden carvings for ice cream I get random cravings to sit on a bench surrounded by nature.” I replied.

“Alright.” Kai smiled.

Kai and I were both sitting on a bench talking to each other when all of a sudden I noticed a shooting star.

“Wow, look, it’s a meteor shower.” I smiled looking up at the beautiful meteors flying by. I was too busy looking up to notice Kai slowly leaning in to kiss my cheek. I froze and turned to look at him.

“What was that for?” I asked.

“Just because you looked really pretty staring up at the sky like that.” Kai replied staring up at the meteor shower. I felt so strange. I wasn't supposed to like him so why did he make my heart beat so fast? I couldn't even argue the fact anymore that I actually liked that kiss at the photo shoot earlier. I was so confused by my own feelings. When Kai realized that I didn’t look away from him he turned to face me again.

“What? Do I have something on my face?” Kai asked. Before I could regret it or change my mind I leaned in and kissed Kai smack on the lips. I could tell that at first he was surprised but then I could feel him smile in the kiss. When I tried to pull back I felt his hand slowly caressing my neck to bring my face back to his. This time he took control and kissed me. It was sweet and slow and I knew that it was sincere. I didn’t dare move away and I didn’t want to either, all I could think about was Kai and his lips on mine.

[A/N] Huh? Huh? Was it good? Was it everything you wanted? Yes? No? Well it was everything I wanted. I'm still contemplating if this is too soon or not but I figure this is the 17th chapter and it's okay. Let me know what you think! XOXO A