Perfect

Unforgettable

We drove for about an hour while I kept pestering Kai about the location before we finally made it.

"You have to close your eyes!" Kai insisted. I did as I was told simply because I just couldn't wait anymore and I knew he wasn't going to show me where we were going unless I followed his instructions. He took my hand again and led me down a hill. I think we walked for about five minutes before Kai told me to open my eyes. 

It really was beautiful. There was a lake in the middle of all the greenery surrounding us. There were boats, a small picnic area to the right where you could see families, and a restaurant where others were gathered as well.

“This is so pretty.” I said admiring the scenery.

“Just because I’m sarcastic all the time doesn’t mean I can’t prepare a great date.” Kai said.

“I guess not.” I smiled. Kai slowly started pulling me towards the dock.

“Let’s go, our boat is here.”

“We’re going on the lake?” I asked.

“Yup.” Kai nodded and smiled. We walked toward the end of the dock where there was a small white boat waiting. He stepped inside and then helped me in as well.

“I haven’t been on a boat since ages ago.” I smiled and sat down.

“I guess this is your lucky day.” Kai took both of the oars and started pulling out from the dock. In a couple of minutes we were in the middle of the lake and I looked around.

“It really is really pretty.” I said again.

“I heard that this lake has koi fish in it.”

“Really?” my eyes widened and I looked over the edge of the boat to inspect the water. As I was searching I saw movement in the water.

“Wow!” I exclaimed as a koi fish swam up to the water.

“Here.” Kai handed me a small bag of peas.

“What’s this for?” I asked.

“I searched online and it said that koi fish eat mostly anything and one of the options was peas so I brought you some, I thought you might want to feed them.” Kai replied. I took out a couple of the peas and spread them out on the water. Before I knew it, koi fish appeared near the surface of the water and stared gulping them down. I smiled and looked at Kai who was smiling back at me before I turned back to the fish. I continued to feed the fish for a while before Kai spoke up. 

“You look really pretty by the way.” I blushed and looked at Kai who was staring down at the multicolored koi fish. I smiled and stared at the fish too.

"Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself." I said. I had no idea where it came from but I knew I didn't regret saying it. We were on a date anyway, I might as well enjoy myself. I was a little disappointed when I finally finished the bag of peas.

“We could always come here again if you want and you can feed the fish again.” Kai replied when he saw me pouting while he was rowing the boat.

“That’s true.” I sighed, I pulled my Polaroid camera, which I actually remembered to bring for once, and leaned over the edge of the boat and said goodbye to the fish while taking a picture. After a while of starring at the trees surrounding us, I noticed that Kai was rowing us further and further away from the other people.

“Kai….aren’t we supposed to go the other way?” I asked, pointing back at the dock.

“Nuh-uh! Don’t worry; I know where we’re going.” Kai smiled and continued to row us further away. After a couple of minutes I noticed the scenery changing. On both sides of the lake there were more and more trees changing colors with the seasons.

“Wow, look at that tree over there! It’s humongous!!” I pointed at a tree on the left side of the boat, then took my camera out again to take some more pictures of the scenery. While I was taking pictures I was scanning the scenery and saw the pretties tree yet. While I was focusing on it, I noticed Kai’s face in the frame as well. I stared at his face, he looked so….innocent and calm and sincere. I smiled and snapped a photo.

“You’re gonna have to show me all of those later too.” Kai said and for a second I thought I got caught taking a picture of his face.

“I want to see the pretty trees too.”  After a couple more minutes the sun was slowly starting to set. Behind Kai I noticed tiny lights that seemed to be getting bigger and bigger as Kai kept rowing.

“Can I ask you to do something for me?” Kai asked.

“Huh?”

“Can I blindfold you?” Kai asked as he stopped rowing.

“What?” I asked surprised. first I needed to close my eyes now blindfolding?

“Don’t worry; I just don’t want to ruin it.” I thought about it for a second and nodded my head.

“You better not let me fall in the water.” I told Kai.

“I won’t.” I felt the boat start up again and soon slow down and finally stop.

“Welcome sir.” I heard a voice say.

“Okay, we’re gonna have to get out now.” Kai said. He grabbed my hand and helped me stand up. I felt the boat being stabilized by someone and before I could think I was in Kai’s arms, being carried bridal style.

“Yah!” I yelled surprised blushing.

“Chill, I’ll put you down once we’re out of the boat.” Kai replied and stepped on to what I imagined was another dock. He put me down and grabbed my hand leading me down the dock and then a small path.

“Okay…..I’ll take your blindfold off now.” Kai said letting go of my hand and untying the small knot of the blindfold. I opened my eyes and they immediately widened at the sight. We were under a huge tree, even bigger than the one I saw before. It was wrapped up in small twinkling lights, the branches folding downwards and making a small, circle like space. Right in the middle I noticed a small table with silverware and candles in the middle. A small smile spread across my lips as I took in the scene before me.

“So……do you like it?” Kai asked nervously. I turned to look at him and my smile widened.

“It’s really pretty.” I said and saw Kai breathe out in relief.

“Good, let’s go.” Kai grabbed my hand and led me to the table, pulling out my chair for me to sit. He then sat down in his chair.

“Hello, I will be your waiter for today.” A middle aged man greeted us and gave us our menus. Kai and I both decided on a tuna appetizer for the beginning and water. I looked around at the tree again and remembered to take a picture.

“Do you like to take pictures that much?” Kai asked.

“It’s somewhat a hobby, whenever I remember to take my camera with me I like to take pictures. Plus how can you not take pictures of something as pretty as this?”

“That’s true.” Kai smiled and looked around too, I decided to take another picture of him under the tree and quickly looked away when Kai turned his head back around. After a couple of minutes our appetizer was brought out. Kai and I ate it in silence. It wasn’t an awkward type of silence, it was nice just sitting there and looking around. After our appetizer Kai ordered a steak while I ordered chicken and we chatted waiting for our meals to come.

Kai and I made small talk while eating this time. After we both finished Kai stood up and walked over to my side of the table.

“Come on, I still have something to show you.” Once I stood up Kai took my hand and lead me out from beneath the tree. We walked down a small lighted path and Kai lead me to a small hill with one single tree. Underneath I noticed a blanket with a basket on it.

“What’s this?” I asked Kai.

“This place is really great for star watching and I wanted to bring you here. Those are just some snacks that I thought you might like.” Kai replied taking a seat on the blanket leaning against the tree. He motioned for me to sit next to him so I did….a couple of inches away since there wasn’t any space to lean against the tree myself.

“Come here.” Kai said, pulling me closer to him and leaning me against his side.

“Kai I….”

“Just look up okay, let me do something I want to do too.” Kai replied. I looked up at him and saw him gazing at the stars above. I smiled to myself. This was way better than I could have even pictured it, after a couple of seconds I looked up as well. Kai and I star gazed for about 15 minutes before he asked to look at the pictures I took today. He was looking through the pictures when he stumbled upon the pictures I took of him.

“What’s this?” he asked with a smirk on his face. I snatched the photos out of his hand and blushed.

“They’re nothing, your face was in the way of the view.” I replied.

“Sure.” Kai reached for my camera and took a picture of me.

“What are you doing?” I asked trying to grab the camera from him.

“You get to have a picture, why can’t I?” he asked.

“Okay now pose.”

“Kai!” I replied and crossed my arms.

“Please!!!” he begged giving me a puppy dog face. I gave in and sweetly smiled at the camera.

“Aww!!! So cute!!” Kai smiled and I blushed, while he took another picture.

“Okay now a couple picture.” Kai smiled and pulled me close to him again.

“Smile.” He said and I obeyed him. Right before he snapped the picture he leaned in and kissed my cheek. He took a couple more of us making different faces and then we both decided which ones we were going to keep. Before I knew it was 8 o’clock and time for me to head back to the dorm. Kai helped me stand up and led me back to the small lighted path. I stopped and faced him.

“Thank you for today, I had a really great time.” I told Kai and smiled, before I could change my mind I leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek too.

“Thanks, I had a great time too.” Kai said. I smiled and he grabbed my hand. This time around our waiter rowed the small boat back to the pevious dock while Kai and I sat net to each other and stared across the lake. We made it back in no time and walked back to the car. It was the perfect ending to the perfect date.

[A/N] I must say, this is my dream date so I hope you liked it. Yes I realize it will never happen but a girl can hope! Anyway, I'm just gonna slip away and let you guys enjoy this chapter! I hope it was up to everyone's standards! Also sorry it is uploaded so late! XOXO A