Late Night Conversations

Unforgettable

Kai and I sat across each other, criss crossed on that roof and talked for hours. We were talking about work, friends, if we missed our homes, made jokes, all sort of things. At one point they all jumbled together and when I checked my phone it showed 4am.

"Oh my goodness, we've been up here for hours. The sun is about to rise in an hour!" I said staring at my phone. I heard Kai laugh and looked at him. "What's so funny?" I asked.

"Honestly I never imagined us talking for hours like this. I mean I've liked you for a while but even then. I always imagined us bickering." he replied.

"You've liked me for a while?" I asked surprised by his statement. Kai leaned back and supported himself on his hands.

"Yeah I did. I wasn't trying to, it just happened. It was frustrating honeslty."

"It was frustrating? Why?" I asked curious.

"Well I mean think about it. We always fought and I knew you didn't like me. I tried to get closer to you but you always rejected me." I listened patiently to what Kai was saying.

"You have to admit I had a right to though. The only thing I actually knew about you was the fact that you were a playboy. A new girl in the dorm every week didn't help either. Plus you weren't very friendly in your approach." Kai scoffed so I looked at him. "Did I say something funny?"

"I wasn't sleeping with them you know." Kai said.

"Oh?"

"I barely made out with them, it was just something to pass the time. But that was mostly before I even realized I liked you. If you haven't noticed in the last couple of weeks there have been no girls." Kai said staring back at me. Now that I thought about it he was right. His dorm wasn't in the same building but it was only a couple of blocks down and rumors traveled fast in this industry. Lately it had been awfully quiet. For some reason this new information made me feel increadibly happy. Because of me huh? A small smile spread across my lips.

"Do you really like it that much?" Kai asked. I stared back at him and nodded my head.

"Uh-huh." I answered simply. He laughed and shook his head.

"So I have a question for you...." Kai started.

"What is it?" 

"Well, when did you start liking me?" he asked. This was a difficult question to answer. I had no idea. I still wasn't exactly sure what this was either. I knew I liked him now but what if it was just a fling, a momentary thing.

"I can't answer that, and before you ask why, it's because I don't know. I mean I like you now, I know that much but the exact time I started liking you I couldn't say." I answered honestly.

"But you do like me now?" he asked.

"Well obviously, I mean I wouldn't have kissed you in the park if I didn't." I replied. I saw Kai shift in his position and lean forward.

"That was very bold of you by the way. What if I had rejected you?" he asked, clearly trying to aggravate me.

"Then I would have kicked your for all the false signals you sent me!" 

"Signals? What signals?" he asked fainging innocence.

"Oh please stop faking!" I said leaning closer to him. He laughed and carresed my face with his right hand. He brought my face closer to his before stopping one inch in front of it.

"I'm gonna kiss you now." he said. By now we had both stopped laughing. I looked him in the eyes and saw him staring at my lips.

"I would hate you if you didn't." I replied before closing the small distance between us. This kiss was very similar to the one in the park, except much sweeter. His lips moved effortlessly against mine and I placed my hands around his neck to pull him closer. I felt my body relax. This kiss was something I never knew I craved and so much more. We both pulled back to catch our breath, leaning our foreheads against each other. 

"I think it's time we go to bed." Kai said.

"What if I don't want to?" I replied.

"Don't. If I don't stop now I don't know when I would. I could kiss you forever." I blushed slightly at his comment. He was right. I don't know if I would stop anytime soon either. 

"I guess we should go then." I said. We both finally pulled away. Kai got up and helped me up too. I noticed that the sun slowly started rising over the horizon and stopped him to look at it.

"You know, I've never actually watched the sunrise." I said.

"It's good that I showed you this place then. It's great for sunrises." We watched the sunrise for the next couple of minutes and when it finally did we decided to leave. I liked this secret new place only Kai and I shared. It was a small paradise.

[A/N] Hello everyone! I decided to update twice today! So I'm trying to write new chapters ahead of time so that I will simply update when it's time. I have about two chapters lined up after this one and hopefully I'll keep this up so I don't keep you guys waiting long! I like this chapter. I really wanted to make some place special just for them and a roof might not be the most romantic place ever but still. I hope you all like it! XOXO A