MAMA

Unforgettable

5 days passed since that little incident with Kai on the bus, he still insisted on following me the rest of the day even though both he and I felt awkward.

Today I was practicing EXO’s MAMA dance for an upcoming showcase MystiQ had to attend, when I noticed someone staring at me from the doorway. I turned around and saw Kai half smirking, half smiling.

“Is it really that funny to see me dancing to your song?” I asked him while walking to the bench in the room to grab my water bottle.

“No…. it’s cute.” Cute? He almost made me spit out all the water in my mouth.

“What’s so cute about it? I can’t do it!! I got the beginning and the end but I just can’t get the chorus and the dance break.” I said sitting down on the bench frustrated at myself. All the other members could pick up the dance just like that but I was always the slow one and it aggravated me.

“It’s cute ‘cuz you’re trying. I could teach you if you want.” Kai said walking towards the bench and sitting down next to me. I lifted my head from my hands; I need to think about this.

“You would really teach me?” I asked eyeing him suspiciously.

“I promise, I won’t do anything I’ll just teach you.” he replied seriously. I felt like accepting his offer since he was the best dancer in EXO and knew the dance well, but this could end in a couple other ways too and those couple other ways weren’t options I was willing to choose from.

“I don’t know….”

“It’s your choice….I’m gonna go now, call me if you make up your mind.” he got off the bench and was about to walk off when I stood up and grabbed his arm.

“Wait….I’ll take you up on that offer.” I replied quietly looking down at my feet.

“I knew you would.” Kai replied smiling.

“What? So you weren’t gonna leave?” I asked dumbfounded.

“I just wanted you to think faster.” he smirked, taking off his sweater leaving him in an awfully tight black t-shirt, I looked the other way when I caught myself gawking. What the hell am I doing? I asked myself surprised at my own actions.

“Okay so what did you say you needed to learn?”

“The chorus and the dance break.”

“Okay, dance it again by yourself and then I’ll see what you need to work on.” I showed him again the dance and he started pointing out what I needed to fix. It really was a good idea to accept his help since he really did help and I noticed my dancing improve little by little.

“Okay, here basically just grab your crotch.” he demonstrated as he told me what to do.

“Kai….girls don’t have a crotch!” I told him seriously.

“Then just spread out your hand like a star…”

“Like a star?”

“Just spread out your hand, and just do that without grabbing your crotch.” We practiced that move over and over again until I got Kai’s approval. Then we moved on to the next one.

“Now here….how do I explain this? Just basically turn and bend your knees like your falling from somewhere, bring your arm this way and let it drop, but keep your knees bent.”

“Okay?”

“When you raise your hand over your head straighten your knees and push off the floor with your heel.” I did as was told and staring into the mirror I could see that it was already somewhat better than before.

“That was good, now practice that while I go to the bathroom.” Our practice continued like that after Kai came back. He would teach me a move in detail and I would copy it and learn slowly. The only other part I really had difficulties with was the move right at the end of the chorus.

“Okay, here you know when you’re facing the right your right knee is bent facing the right too….right?”

“Right…”

“Keep your left leg facing forward and then when you bring your arms down bend both of your knees inward.” I did what he told me but it still looked awkward.

“It still looks weird.”

“Because you aren’t bending you knees at the same time.”

“Kai I really just can’t do it.”

“Here I’ll show you.” He moved behind me and grabbed both of my arms from the back while shaping himself to the move he was teaching me. He was awfully close, so close that I could barely even concentrate.

“Kai, this is…”

“Just do it okay, look at me in the mirror and shape yourself to my movements, bend the right knee and the left straight, now bend both legs, then straighten out your right leg and bend the left.” I tried my hardest to concentrate but I couldn’t for obvious reasons, the fact that he was also wearing the thinnest shirt ever and that I was wearing only a tank top didn’t make me feel better. He kept showing me the move over and over again until I couldn’t help but try to free myself from his grip.

“Kai I’ll try by myself now, its okay.”

Somehow while I was trying to walk away from him our feet tangled up and we both tripped causing me to fall down and then pull him down on top of me.

“Ouch, that freakin’ hurt.” I said as soon as I landed. I froze when I opened my eyes and saw just how close Kai’s face was to mine. From the look on his face I could tell he wasn’t planning on getting up anytime soon. He lifted himself up on his elbows and my thoughts were soon confirmed when he closed his eyes and I felt his lips touch mine.

[A/N] Hello, hello, hello! So I wanted to clarify that although I started this fanfic in 2012 it is based on the year 2014 so I'm not gonna include certain members, yes I know it but I feel like I need to stick to the actual group number and all that stuff. And the reason Song Hee is practicing MAMA is because at the showcase they are going to they are sort of paying tribute to the old Exo and stuff, I don't know how to explain it's sort of a throwback kind of thing. Anyway I hope you all liked this chapter!! XOXO A