Market Place

Unforgettable

“Kai let go.” I told him.

“Why?” he asked and snuggled his head into my neck. I shoved his hands off, turned around and shoved him away.

“I told you not to touch me.” I told him sternly.

“Jeez I was only kidding.” he replied rolling his eyes.

“I wasn’t.” I told him firmly. He flopped down onto my bed and made himself comfortable while I leaned against my desk staring at him with my arms crossed. Before I could say anything I heard Hye Mi calling me from the kitchen.

“Song Hee! I need you to go to the market place for me and buy some things!”

“Okay, I’ll be right there.” I said walking towards the door. I heard Kai get up from the bed and follow me and decided to just let it go since obviously he wasn’t going to give up on the following me thing.

“What do you need?” I asked Hye Mi.

“Here, I made you a list, just take the bus to the market place, you can have Yuri’s wallet.”

“Hey!!” I heard Yuri yell from the other side of the room.

“Just deal with it, I’ll pay you back later.” Hye Mi yelled back. I took the list and was about to leave when Hye Mi called me again.

“Is he like part of the package or something?” she asked.

“He is insisting on following me the whole day.” I said pointing at Kai.

“I have a name.” replied Kai.

“Yea sure, sure. Let’s just go.” I said and walked out the door.

It took about 10 minutes by bus to get to the market place.

“Okay what do we need?” I said looking at the list and taking a shopping cart.

  • Brisket
  • Brisket stock
  • Mung bean sprouts
  • Bracken
  • Oyster mushrooms
  • Green onions
  • Onion
  • Green and red pepper
  • Garlic
  • Red paste

I had no idea what she needed so many ingredients for but I just buy what I’m told to buy. Usually I was the one that took care of the grocery shopping. We split up our jobs pretty well, Joo Young cleaned up the rooms, Hye Su the bathroom, Yuri did the laundry, and Hye Mie did the cooking with occasional help from me.

“Okay, let’s go that way towards the vegetables first and then we can stop by the spices while we go get the meat, okay?”

“Sure, lead the way.” Kai replied and followed me through the aisles. Picking up the vegetables was pretty easy, choosing the meat was gonna be a little hard, I at choosing the right type of meat and usually get blamed if the food doesn’t turn out good. Kai noticed that I was a little confused so he stepped in.

“What do we need exactly?” he asked.

“We need brisket.” I told him and watched as he carefully picked out the meat and inspected it making sure it was all good then he tossed it in the basket.

“Thanks.” I told him.

“No probs. So um, are we leaving soon?” he asked. I could see he was getting impatient but we still needed to buy some things.

“We need to stop by the hygiene section to get some shampoo and conditioner and tomorrow is Jin Ae’s birthday so we have to order her a cake too.” After about 20 more minutes of finishing shopping and checking out we were finally on our way home when I saw a duboki stand and it reminded me of how hungry I was.

“Do you…..do you think we could…” I started to ask awkwardly.

“Yes, spit it out?” Kai asked.

“Can we get some duboki? I’m kinda hungry.”

“You just want to spend some more time with me don’t you?” he asked sarcastically.

“Yeah sure, as if you’re not gonna follow me the whole day.”

“That’s true, so either way you’re still pretty lucky today.” I ignored his last comment and started walking towards the duboki stand. It’s been ages since I last ate duboki at a stand in the street, I mean not that Hye Mi’s homemade duboki isn’t good but there’s just this different feeling when you eat food at a stand. I remember during my trainee day when I wasn’t that busy I used to go out and eat duboki all the time.

Kai was nice enough to offer to pay for the duboki knowing that I didn’t really want to spend any more money off of Yuri’s card. This surprised me simply due to the fact that I knew he was probably one of the stingiest people I’ve ever met.

“Thanks for the duboki.” It was weird how many times I said thanks to Kai in just one day. Actually it was weird that I could stand him for how long I have, our relationship wasn't this friendly usually.

We took our time and ate our duboki calmly while chatting with the old lady at the stand.

“I’ve been wanting to tell you two this for quite a while now.”

“Yes?” Kai and I both asked at the same time.

“You two are probably the nicest couple I’ve met since I’ve been running the stand.” she told us happily with a smile, I began to blush uncontrollably.

“I’m sorry but I think you’re mistaken…” I started to say when Kai interrupted me.

“Thank you. I think so too.” He replied back and casually put his arm around me emphasizing the fact that we were a couple, which we were not. I decided to just let it go because it seemed too sad to ruin the old lady’s image of us when she seemed so happy. I took this opportunity and snuggled up to Kai a little more.  After a few more minutes we finished our duboki and with a nice little goodbye we left to go to our bus stop.

“Kai why did you do that?” I asked him when we were sitting down on the bus on our way home.

“Because she seemed happy with the idea of us being a couple and who am I to ruin an old lady’s day?” he replied back. “Plus….”

“Plus what?” I asked still slightly annoyed.

“Plus maybe I want them to see us as a couple.” his words left me frozen on the seat next to him.

[A/N] Sooo......how was it? Did you like the ending? Did you see it coming? Comments? Honestly feedback is always great so if any of you have suggestions or anything of the sort please don't be afraid to write them out! I'm trying to decided if I should update one more or not.....we'll have to see. XOXO A