Chapter 47 : Scent of Sympathy

Who says Archeology is lame? [Discontinued]

 

Chapter 47: Scent of Sympathy

 

She bites her nails, looking at the pale woman lying on the bed. The beeping sound of the monitor terrifies her a little after what had transpired last night. On top of the heart wrenching moment, she was welcomed by the latter’s parents that suddenly came to visit last night.

Seeing the woman that loathes her existence a year ago would’ve scares her less, and on top of that the menacing glares that the oldest Park gave would’ve made her cowers. But she’s stronger now… or so she thought.

Her heart was palpitating, and she can basically hear her brain screaming for her to get out from the place.

Then, suddenly behind them, a familiar looking woman pops out.

[Flashback]

“She had a seizures before her lungs suddenly collapsed. She flat lined for a few minutes”

Tiffany’s breathe hitch and her mind goes haywire. Unbeknownst to her own self, she had almost fell on the floor if it wasn’t for Dr Ramirez who’s holding her tightly and let her sit properly on the bench.

Her eyes glazed and her heart was in pain.

“Miss Hwang, take a deep breath. Miss Park is stable now. We managed to resuscitate her.”

“Oh God, … oh God… Thank you thank you”…

“Her bruises and cuts are healing now. Which is a good thing, we need to focus on her legs. She needs to undergo therapy after she wakes up”

Tiffany nodded, wiping her tears. Dr Ramirez tilts her head back. Eyeing something behind the latter. “Ah, they’re here”

The Korean American woman turns around… and there they are, strutting down the hall with all their gloriousness, clacking their Prada and Marc Jacobs footwear.

“F my life” Tiffany mutters under her breathe.

Things are definitely going to get extremely awkward now.

And then, God drops the atomic bombs on her the that slept with her ex fiancé comes into the ‘picturesque’ moment. Clara. Clara freaking Michael

[Present]

Tiffany sits still in the confined space, and she feels suffocated. The presence of both familiar looking people is making her on the verge of breaking down.

 

Last night she told herself that everything is going to be extremely awkward between them, She wasn’t wrong alright, but things take a turn into a whole lot of bizarre level.

A cup of hot latte is placed in front of her, along with chicken hummus and warm smiles from her companions.

“I…Thank you” Tiffany mutters, not knowing what to say to them. She takes a sip of her latte.

The elder woman in front of her was slouching slightly, her hair was a little disarray. Her black mascara ruins a bit. Not an ordinary look on her whole expensive appearance. Come to think of it, she has never seen the latter this… cluttered before. The latter was always poise and charismatic, that it can be so intimidating.

“How have you been Tiffany?” Tiffany quickly turns to look at the man with the dark grey suits. His eyes were a little red, resulted from crying last night. He looks exhausted and pale. Tiffany instantly feels sorry for him. He was always on her side when she was still in a relationship with his daughter. He didn’t do much due to the fact that his wife is considered as the man of the house, and the fact that he is clueless most of the time. He was the only one who called her after the whole shenanigans happened. He was nice. And Tiffany had been so grateful for his small gestures.

“I’m… fine”

He nodded “I heard that you’re the upcoming Editor in NEXT. That’s really good. I always knew that you had it in you” He gives a sincere smile.

“Thank you… how did you know Sir?”

“Ah, Sandara is a daughter of a good friend of mine. I occasionally asked her about you from time to time”

“Oh”

She didn’t know what to make out of the information. Tiffany nods. The elder woman starts whimpering, and suddenly reaches for Tiffany’s hand. She holds it tightly as if she was afraid that the Korean American woman would suddenly bolts.

“I…” cries “I’m so…” cries “soo soo Sorry…” cries “Tiff… Tiffany, I, I didn’t.. oh God.. I’m so so so sorry”

Tiffany heart hurts a little. It’s true that she loathed the woman in front of her. She wrecked her life, her work and most of all she tried to ruin her relationship relentlessly. She wishes she could pull her hands back and scream at the latter for doing those things. She wants to spit in her face telling her that she can go and herself. But Tiffany cant.

Even though the older Park had done a lot of nasty things back then, it was the younger Park who broke her heart. Shattering them into pieces when she is so in love with her wholeheartedly. She was preparing herself to fight against all odd for their relationship. Despite of all the things that came in her way, she was ready.

 

 

Tiffany broke into tears. She was shaking, holding on to the older Park hands tighter. The excruciating sorrow came back full force and it doesn’t help a bit when Mr Park puts his hand, covering both her and Mrs Parks.

We didn’t have at all that night, or ever. It was just a ploy to get you to break off the engagement. She found out about her condition a few months after she proposed.

Clara’s voice rings in her head. The tears keep falling from her eyes. She was definitely in deep right now.

 

[The Vineyards at Aquebogue]

“I can’t believe that she has a girlfriend”

Jessica startles. She turns around and Key was standing behind him, looking a little dissatisfied.

“Who are you talking about?”

“Yuri”

“Yuri? Why?”

Key sighs, not wanting to tell the woman in front of him why he was a little upset about the whole ordeal, “Where’s the lover girl?”

“She told me she’ll be running late. She needs to run some stuff at the company”  Jessica takes off her sunny, basking in the beautiful view of the Vineyards. “This place is amazing. Look how gorgeous it is”

Key chuckles “It should be. Considering the fact that I paid a fortune renting it”, Jessica playfully glares at the older Kim. “So, is this the kind of place that you want to have your wedding in the future?”

Jessica snorts “Aren’t you getting ahead of yourself? Wouldn’t I have to have someone first before planning beforehand?”

“You’re gorgeous. I bet there’s tons of people out there wants to marry you”

Jessica shrugs “I guess I haven’t meet the one that my heart wants. I’m so envious of you. You have Meghan, and I have none”

Key wraps his arm around the model and rests his head against her “No worries, I’m sure you’ll find your own version of Meghan soon”

Click

Jessica and Key turns around and was welcomed by the sight of Hyoyeon holding her iphone, obviously taking a picture of them  and Meghan glaring playfully at her husband while circling her thumbs on her bulging tummy. “Kim, are you cheating on me?”

Key laughs and walks towards his wife, giving her a warmth hug, kissing the latter’s temple. “You know well that you’re the love of my life… I was just telling Jessica that one of these days, she’ll find her own version of ‘Meghan’ since everyone knows how perfect you are ”  

Meghan cringes at her husband attempt of being cheesy ‘Urgh, gross” then giving him a peck on the lips.

“There’s our lover girl at” Keys mutters, eyeing the entrance. A Brown haired woman stepping out of a dark blue Mini cooper sporting a casual look, light blue jeans and a plain v neck.

Yuri jogs a little before stopping in front of the trio. “Sorry, I had to run down to the company first”

“Is it about the New York project?” Jessica pulls out a tissue and offers to Yuri seeing the latter had sweats trickling down her jaws “Don’t you use AC in your car or something?”

Yuri wipes off her sweats, silently thanking her new profound friend “Ya, it’s about the New York project. My dad wants me to go through some papers. And No, I didn’t use the AC because it’s not functional and I didn’t have time to get them check yet”

Jessica glares slightly “Don’t be too workaholic. Go and get it check soon. Good knows you might need them especially summer is approaching”

Yuri nods. She smiles at Hyo and Key “Oh, and who is this lovely lady?” She offers a small handshake which Meghan reciprocates.

“I’m surprise that you acknowledge us amidst the ‘warm’ conversation between you two” Key smirks. “This is my lovely wife by the way, Meghan Kim”, Yuri scowls at the man slightly, not wanting him to say any bizarre stuff in front of the others.

Hyoyeon who’s pretty oblivious as Jessica and Meghan inviting them to enter the hall. A group of professionals sets up necessary equipment.

“Kelly can you bring me the suits for Miss Kwon here” Hyoyeons orders A blonde beauty quickly runs towards moving closet and whip out two suits. A Charcoal black and a charcoal with white business blouse. Nothing extravagant and Yuri approved of the latter’s choice.

“How does Jessica’s dress looks like?”

“Wouldn’t you want to know?” Key smirks, which annoys Yuri. “Why you’re afraid that Jessica’s dress is ugly?”

“Jessica handpicked the dresses all by herself. Trust me, all the bridesmaids going to be looking hella gorgeous. Including me, despite that I’m looking like a desperate whale wanting to fit in” Meghan pats Yuri’s back leaving the rest of Hyo’s bridesmaids behind.

 

 

Yuri had her hair done, nothing extravagant as the hair dresser lets her hair flown naturally. Her makeup was light but enough to brings out her best features.

“You are beautiful Miss Kwon, you totally get some model gigs with that face”

Yuri chuckles “No thank you. Modelling is definitely not my scene” Yuri took of her glasses and putting on her contact lenses. “So, how does Jessica’s dress looks like?”

The Hairdresser laughs “Are doubting her?”

The tan woman shook her head “No, I’m just curious”

The latter nods a little “Miss Kwon, have you actually seen Jessica’s modelling before?”

“Uh… no. Do I have to?”

“Well, it’s not a matter of you have to, but think of it like, getting to know Jessica better”

“And why do I need to get to know her better?” Yuri has a perplex look on her face.

“Ah silly me, you guys dated before. Of course you know her better. But what’s weird tho, you never seen her modelling carriers goes skyrocket after that” The hairdresser ponders slightly, still fixing Yuri’s hair. If Yuri has an ASMR equipment nearby, she bet her the whole room can hear her gulp nervously. She was supposed to be Jessica’s ex. Exes are supposed to know about each other.

“We ended up… badly. I guess you know about that. After all that happened between me and her, we got caught up with our own lives. I mean, I work as an archaeologist. I move from sites to sites and mostly work in my office. So, I don’t really keep up with the world out side”

The latter looks at Yuri’s reflection in front of them “I guess that’s true and understandable” Yuri lets out a small relief sigh. Her heart pounds a little faster than usual.

“Why did you guys broke up? Must have been something major. You don’t have to answer that question tho” she laughs which Yuri laughs along

“That’s a shame, the both of you looks good together”

 

***

Yuri was asked to wear a charcoal and black undershirt with Gianvitto Rossi Tux pumps. She struts down the hall towards Key who is talking to the staff. Key raises an eyebrow “Look at you. Looking like a star”

Yuri shrugs, giving an arrogant smug to the latter who then laughs at Key’s disbelief expression. However, the man changes his expression split second after that. He smirks at Yuri.

“Turn around lover girl. That’s your beloved model coing our way”  

In front of her walks Jessica Jung in all her gloriousness, donning a beautiful braid haristyle, while wearing a white dress with herve leger on its left hemline. A white belt embellished on waist and a slit on the left side of the dress which goes from her thigh all the way down to her ankle.

The tan woman was out of words.

***

Jessica was eyeing Yuri who’s currently posing with Key and Hyoyeon for the photoshoot. Yuri looks feminine and masculine at the same time. The latter looks good in suits.

“It’s a shame that Taeyeon couldn’t make it” Nicole broke her trance

“Uh, yah” Jessica nods in agreement “She did say that she’ll make it up to you guys. So my advise, you got to list out things that you want and ask her to pay for them” Jessica and Nicole laughs

“I gotta to say I haveto agree with you on that” Nicole looks at the latter

“About listing out stuff, I know…” before Jessica could finish her sentences, Nicole interjects “No , no. I agree that Yuri does looks good in suits”

Wait… what? “Uh, I didn’t say that” Jessica utters

“Well, you were thinking about it” her newly bride smirks and then proceeds on walking away before Jessica decides to hit her

“Idiot” Jessica huffs in disbelieved

 

**

For the second shoot – which requires them to pose with their respective partner- Jessica wears a Rosa Clara Lucena 2018/2019 wedding dress collection; A trumpet shaped, boat design upfront dress and low back design that shows off her milky smooth skin. Her hair was up in a big bun with some of the strands falls down her face. While Yuri on the other hand, was in her charcoal suits with white business blouse.

Three pairs were asked to stands close with each other.

“Miss Jung, can you stand in front of Miss Kwon?”

Jessica stood in front of the tan woman, looking back to the photographer “Like this?”

“Closer please. Put your left hand on her shoulder please. Okay that’s good”

Yuri unknowingly takes a deep breathe. Her heart pounds slightly

“Stop moving Kwon” Jessica hiss playfully

“I’m not” Yuri whines a little causes Jessica to pats her shoulder “Calm down, there’s no need to be nervous about”

The photographer looks at the duo, pondering for a little “Miss Kwon, can you put your hands around Miss Jung’s waist?”

“What?”

“Put your right had on Miss Jung’s waist” the man repeated his instruction

“But why?” Yuri asks

“Come one Yuri, my legs is killing me” Meghan whines from the other side of the line “My belly is heavy as hell” Key coos at his adorable wife then look at Yuri and Jessica “trust me,you don’t want to make my baby angry”

Meghan cringes “Gross, but true”

Yuri then put her right arms on the model’s waist. She failed to see the sudden quietness from the latter.

“No no, wraps your arms around her waist” The photographer instructed. Which Yuri complies without a second thought.

That sweet sweet scent goes straight to their senses.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author : Sorry for the crappy update gaisss, drop comment below and let me know what you think about this one : ))))

p/s: has never beed proofread... so yeah