The extremely boring chapter : Wedding Invitation ; Be My Plus One.

Who says Archeology is lame? [Discontinued]

 

 

Author’s rambling session : Sorry for the looongggg and borrring chapter (:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Venus by Shinhwa blaring on the coffee table at the Jung’s residency exactly when the clock strikes 930 in the morning.

The newly blonde woman groggily opens her eyes, groans loudly still hating the fact that the sun has shine. She mindlessly grabs her precious phone and click on the green icon.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Goooooodddd Mornninngggggg daughter-in-law!”

Hyoyeon pulls the device away from her ear almost instantly. “Morning Aunty” she greets her soon-to-be mother in-law

“Pish-posh Hyoyunnie, call me Mom. Aunty sound ooollddd” the older woman chuckles on the other end of the line. Hyoyeon smiles awkwardly to herself

“Uh, Okay Mom. Why did you call?” Hyoyeon gets up and sorts out the bed, only to realize her fiancé was nowhere to be seen.

“ Hyoyuuniieee” The younger startled by the sound of her mother-in-law doing aegyo.

“Uh, sorry Mom, I’m looking for Nicole” she rubs the back of her neck.

“She’s not with you?” Mrs. Jung asks

Before Hyoyeon answer the question, she could hear Nicole’s voice in the living room. She took a peek from the door, since... well, let’s just say that the nightwear that she’s wearing is not so appropriate.

“Uh, she’s in the living room Mom. So, why did you call?” Hyoyeon asks once more, while making her way towards the washroom.

“Uh yah, I’m here in New York” the older woman says excitedly

Hyoyeon took her blue tooth brush, smearing the tooth paste on it whilst using her shoulder to glue her phone against her ear. “You’re here? Alone?”

“No silly, of course with your dad. Anyway, your dad has meeting to attend later tonight, so I tag along” the letter explain

Hyoyeon nodded “Hmm, okay”

“So, your dad and I want to meet you and Nic later on for brunch, and i want to ask about all the preparation so far”

She brushes her teeth, nodding at the same time “Honey, i don’t understand what are you talking about, wait, are you brushing your teeth?” the older woman says

Hyoyeon smiles sheepishly at her own reflection and rinse “Eh, sorry Mom.I just woke up. Bout the brunch, can i call you later? Just want to ask Nic first”

The older woman chuckles “Aigoo, Hyoyuniee... whipped already?”

“Moommmmmmm” Hyoyeon whines “No, i’m not whipped”

“Okay, okay... don’t forget. Dad and I miss the two of you”

The newly blonde smiles warmly. It has been a while since she saw her in-laws, with all her last minutes photo shoots and Nicole’s participation as the newest Angel for Victoria’s secret line. Not to mention, their crazy wedding preparation has taken all of their time.

“We miss you too mom.... and dad of course” Hyoyeon smiles

“So, see you later perhaps my good-looking daughter-in-law”

“Can’t argue with the last statement though...Bye mom”

 

[Living Room]

 

Is this Carlos’s cake Boss house?” Nicole sits on the stool, scrolling down her check-list in her white Galaxy Note at the same time locking her iphone talking to Carlos.

Hyoyeon steps out side from the room and lock her gaze upon her wife-to-be. It never cease to amaze her, how calm Nicole is, handling the wedding. Usually, bride-to-be would go bridezilla over every little thing that happens around them.

Oh, that would be great Carlos. My fiancé and I will be there in an hour perhaps? Cool. See you and thanks” Nicole put her iphone aside and smiles.

Cake... check” Nicole scroll down and read the next task “Drop by at Jill’s regarding the Flower arrangement

She tilts her head upwards, knowing the presence of her fiancé. “Hey you” she smiles

Hyoyeon walks towards Nicole and give the younger girl pecks on the lips “How’s the wedding going on?”

Nicole tuck the strand of the letter’s fringe behind her ear “Well, we have to see the cake later on, and not to forget Jill’s” The Korean American girl pull her fiancé closer and kiss the familiar lips softly. “So, how’s the band?”

Hyoyeon smiles lovingly “I manage to land your favourite band...” Nicole eyes widen,

“Please... don’t tell me...” she look straight at the letter’s eyes.

Hyoyeon nodded “Maroon 5”

Nicole hugs the letter tightly, kissing the blonde girl all over her faces.

Oh my God, Oh my God.. Maroon 5!!” she squeals

The newly blonde haired woman put her hands under her chin, looking at the sight of her girlfriend who’s practically jumping in front of her.

Nicole stops, and smiles at Hyoyeon “What?”

Hyoyeon shrugs “I just can’t wait to marry you

The younger one snicker and kiss the letter’s temple “Cheesy” she utters softly.

“Anyway, Mom called just now” Hyoyeon pour the carton of milk into her mug “She’s in New York”

Nicole crooks her eyebrow “Mom’s in New York?”

Hyoyeon nodded and take a sip of her milk “She wants to meet for brunch”. The younger one nod “Okay, after we meet Jill and Carlos then”

 

Out of nowhere, the owner of the apartment stomps into the kitchen whilst muttering words, that Hyoyeon were pretty sure, full of curses, and grabs her milk and chug it down .

“Whoa... who peed in your cheerios?” Hyoyeon asks

“Kwon jerk Yuri” Jessica spats ‘That nerd has nothing to do except for giving me trucks load of sheeetss for the past few days! I ‘m sick of her!! Arghhhhhh!!!!!!”

“What did she do this time?” Nicole asks

EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG” Jessica took a deep breathe, “Anyway, I bumped into Lucas just now. He said that you can pick up your wedding invitation”

Hyoyeon blink her eyes rapidly “Wow.... bipolar much Jess”

Jessica gives her infamous deathly glares causes the photographer literally shivers at the sight.

 

[Brunch]

An all-black BMW pull over in front of the newly painted brown building, causing the receptionist to look up from her work.

The well-known photographer and her fiancé strut down the lobby.

Hello, Afternoon, Miss. Can you get me Ms. Jill please?” the Korean American says

The receptionist smiles “Oh, Miss. Jung, Ms. Jill has been waiting in her office right now

Both women walk towards the pointed door and knock it softly.

Come in

There was a lady, sitting in the office, using casual look despite being the boss of the well-known company in New York. She didn’t look up as she was too immerse in her work.

“Jillian Jung”

With that, she tilts her head, smirking as she saw Nicole standing in front of her

“Nicole Jung”

Both women hug each other, leaving the confused newly blonde haired photographer behind.

Jill broke from the hug and smile at the photographer. “Ahh, you must be the ‘husband’?”

Jill raises her hand for a hand shake, smiling as the letter meets hers. “My name’s Jillian Scott”

Hyoyeon smiles back “Uh, I thought, your surr name’s Jung?”

Jill chuckles “ah, yes, Nicole just loves to change my sur name. She thought that I suits Jung better than Scott”

“well, you do” Nicole smiles “Anyway, how’s my flower arrangement?”

Jill shook her head “Till this day, I couldn’t believe that you talk me into sorting your flower arrangement for the wedding”

Hyoyeon look at Jill “You’re not a florist?”

The younger girl shook her head “Oh, no. I’m not. I’m actually a graphic designer”

“Then why would Nicole ask you to the flower business?”

The Korean American woman smiles “Jill has a great sense of admiration towards flowers. So I believe she could work things out”

“No, you only used me… that…and you’re a lazy bum” the designer smiles “anyway, regarding the flower, they say that they could set everything up. So not to worries, by the way, I need your signature here” pulling out a paper “This for a release and stuff that I barely understand”

Nicole snickers “Thank you, and oh, Mom’s in town”

Jill smiles “Cool,, I miss her…and dad of course”

Unbeknownst by them, the third person was fidgeting. She didn’t know why, but she receives weird vibe from the woman wearing glasses in front of her

“Then, you should swing by at Mom’s suite later. I’m sure she’ll be thrilled” Nicole smiles

Jill nodded “yah, sure. Send both of them my regards”

 

 

 

[NEXT]

The Korean America woman eyed her phone in her hand, still contemplating whether she should invite the tanned young archaeologist or not.

“Just call her already,” Tim says, “You’ve eyeballing the phone for half an hour”

Tiffany pouts, “Don’t you think it’s too soon Tim? I mean, I’ve only known her for weeks, and now I’m inviting her to be my plus one for some wedding”

Tim sits himself of the edge of the table comfortably “First of all, it’s not just some wedding okay… it’s one of THE wedding. It’s the Kim Hyoyeon and the Nicole Jung wedding. Still loving the fact that they’re getting married…”

Tiffany cuts her off “Tim, dear, you’re getting off the track”

“Heh, sorry, anyway. This might the time you would actually getting to know the girl of yours”

Tiffany looks perplex “Means?”

Tim shook her head “I think you’re with Kahi for too long. Anyway, every wedding has bridesmaids. I’m hundred per cent sure that this goes to Kim-Jung wedding as well, the hot ones I might add on. Thus, you would go on monitoring the lover of yours. See if she’s the  flirty type, is she a ert in a way, or is she the loyal one or some kind”

Tiffany nod in understanding. She took the golden envelop and scrutinize it once more before she tick the “plus one” box.

“Aisk, you are dem lucky that Ms. Park assign you to cover for the wedding ceremony. I’m super jello right now” Tim add on.

 

[Kwon’s Office]

[ **= Tiffany]

[ “” = Yuri ]

 

“My Princess’s calling”

 

Yuri smiles at the caller id and immediately presses the green icon on her phone screen.

“Hey baby”

Tiffany chuckles “Hey Kwon”

“Aww, you didn’t call me, my nick name”

*and that would be?*

“My husband Kwon”

Snickers could be heard by the end of the line *we didn’t even pass the girlfriend-girlfriend part Kwon*

“Well, we should’ve done it a long time ago. By now, you should be my Wifey Tiffany”

*Cheesy Yul alert*

“You gotta love cheesy husband Kwon tho, I made your mind go crazy most of the time”

*Is there a day that you aren’t full of yourself?*

“I am. All the time, but apparently not, when it comes to you. You just bring the cheesy and arrogantly handsome side of me”

*Just so you know, I’m practically wanting to puke right now*

“Enough said, baby, I m in love with the way you show your admiration through hated words. Never cease to amaze me”

*Yuriiiiiiii*

The tanned woman sniggers “Okay, baby, sorry. I can’t help but tease you. Why did you call, not that I don’t want or anything”

*Uh, okay. The thing is. I’ve got this invitation*

Yuri smiles, “Okay”, she says, not wanting to tease the Korean American girl anymore, sensing the nervousness of the woman on the end of the line

*So, I want to ask you whether you want to be my plus one*

“Plus one? Wedding invitation?” Yuri asks

*It’s fine if you don’t’ want to babe, I totally understand it*

“Baby, I didn’t say that I didn’t want to. But you got to inform me the date. Plus, I love to be your plus one… wait, is this an indirect confessing or what?”

*Yuriiiiiiiiiiiii… don’t tease me. It’s embarrassing enough that I’m calling you right now*

“Okay, okay… I’m sorry, I’m sorry. So when is it?”

*Around two months from now*

“Sure, I’ll make myself available at that time, okay baby?”

*That would be nice, wait… aren’t you going to ask me who’s wedding that we’re going to attend?*

Yuri shook her head, aware of the letter couldn’t even see her reaction “Doesn’t matter, as long as I’m with you”

*Cheesssssyyyyy*

“Anyway, are we still on for the lunch tomorrow?” The young archaeologist asks

*Yes, see you there hot stuff. Bye*

“Bye Wifey”

Yuri couldn’t help but smiles all the way

“Tiffany Hwang…. Tiffany Hwang…. You’re killing me”