Chapter 45 : Friend in you

Who says Archeology is lame? [Discontinued]

“What were you guys thinking?? You’re lucky that neither Hyo or Nicole seen this childish behaviour of yours”

Both women sitting still with their head down

“He picked on Yuri here” Taeyeon mutters “he’s being a d!ck”

“Taeyeon didn’t do anything wrong Jess. The dude was being rude" Key decided to chimes in the conversation which receives a ‘silent’ gesture from Jessica.

“Yes, we have come to establish that he is a d!ckwad. Everybody knows that, and that gives you the more reason to ignore the crap out of him. Jesus guys, this is Hyo’s wedding. Does it mean anything to you guys?”

The latter’s sit in silent

Jessica turn to look at Key “Oppa,” she utters slowly. The heaviness in her voice instantaneously makes the older one feels guilty a thousand time.

“Oppa, you should have drag Tae when they even start the childish brawls. You know how Tae is when it comes to Nickhun”

Jessica turns to look at Taeyeon “Tae, you know how important it is today for Hyo. She has been waiting for this day since forever. And she’s giving her heart and soul to make sure the day is perfect for Nic. So please, Whatever Nickhun said does not trumps our friend’s happiness. It’s not worth it. Let him be a b!tch about it. I don’t care. Neither should you.”

Taeyeon look at her with a soft look on her face, as she mumbles apologise that’s barely audible but enough to make Jessica sighs. The model then took out a cotton pad from the first aid kit and sits next to the rockstar.

“I don’t understand why do you even bother listening to him and you should know better if I were to do something as repulsive as sleeping with him”

“But you dated him” Taeyeon bluntly pointed

“Yes, we dated. But I don’t go around sleeping with everyone that I went out with. You know that”

“Well, he was being disrespectful and he deserves everything that he got. I’ll even hire people to trash his life and property if you want”

Jessica gives a small smile and gives a small peck on tip of Taeyeon’s nose. The simple gesture would make people coo and emits fluttering feelings.

“His not worth all the trouble Tae”

“But you’re worth it”

Yuri on the other hand was listening intently and watching Jessica and Taeyeon interaction. There’s something about Jessica and Taeyeon that causes a slight twitch in her heart.

***

It was quite late in the evening when Yuri called Tiffany, She hasn’t heard anything from her girlfriend for the past hours,

The latter picks up the call after the fifth rings.

“Hey you” Yuri mutters

“Hey, how’s your day babe?” Tiffany replies

There’s a pin drop pause falls between them as Yuri feels like something was off “Babe, you okay?”

A light chuckle can be heard from the other line “I’m not sure. There’s a lot on my mind right now”

“I’ll come over in 5”

“No, Yuri please. I don’t think that’s a good idea. I’ m sorry babe. I kind of need alone time right now”

“Oh”

“I’ll fill you up with everything once I sort things out okay? I promise” Tiffany utters

Yuri smiles a slightly “ No rush okay? I’m here for you”

“Thanks babe. I really appreciate this

“Take care of yourself okay? Just call me if you need anything”

“Thank you”

 

So what is she going to do now? She wasn’t’ going to head back and get her mom all work up about her busted lips and slightly bluish temple. She couldn’t come and see Victoria as well, since her friend is prolly working and definitely not Taecyeon. That guy might be a sleaze bag but god knows how protective he is when it comes to family members. 

Yuri suddenly hit with a conundrum. Throughout her entire life, that’s basically the friends that she has. It’s a miracle and a little unnerving that she managed to get a girlfriend in the first place. Yuri sighs.

Does Jessica count as a friend? She wonders. Nowadays they are civilised around each other. No more bickering, no more name calling and most importantly no headlocks which causes the tan woman to shudders, “Damn”

Yuri stares at her iphone, scrolling to find Jessica’s name, she contemplated for a while. “I shouldn’t. She must be tired especially after what had happen a few hours ago”. Then, she sighs lightly, chucking in her phone in her pocket.

Yuri took off her blazer and opts to change her heels into something much comfortable. She shrugs as she can only manage to find white Nike. “This will do”. She tied her hair in a bun and took off her contact lenses and replaces them with her usual black frame glasses.

Bar.

Suddenly it clicks on her. She might as well head to the bar at the pier. The shabby looking bar that she often visited nowadays. After what it feels like an hour, she parks her car right in front of the bar and is greeted by the Bartender when she walked in.

“Hey KY, what’s up” The tall and lanky bartender greets her “The same?”

Yuri glares at the latter playfully “Seriously Shan, you have got to stop calling me that”

The bartender, named, Shannon shrugs “Where’s the missus?”

“Who?” Yuri sat herself on the counter table.

Shannon huffs “Missus Jung. Or should I address her as Jessica Kwon?”

“Piss off Shan” Yuri laughs “I’m not her type”

Pushing the familiar beer into Yuri’s hand, Shannon kinks an eyebrow “But, you wish you were, didn’t you?”

 Yuri look at her perplex “You’re so weird I can’t even. I was going to accompany you by sitting here, but since you go all weird on me, I’m going to sit my at my usual booth”. The comment elicits laughter from the latter.

“You need to place some book around the bar Shan!! In case any of your customer feels bored”, Yuri yells from the corner of the bar

Shannon laughs “In case you forgot, this is a bar, not some weird library that you always go to”

Yuri laughs, ignoring the bartender blatant insult. She took out her phone and decides to read some of the documents in her mail.

 

 

Unbeknownst by the young archaeologist, a familiar model steps into the scene. Eyes roaming around and is fixated on her as she finally found the one that she has been looking for. The coming guest put a small smile on her face and walk towards the bar

“Hey Shan”

Shannon smiles , eyeing the nerd on the very end of the booth “I asked the dweeb where’s the missus at. Now voila! You’re here”

Jessica throws a peanut shell towards the latter “”

Shannon laughs “So, what can I do for Mrs.Kwon here?”

“Did she order anything to eat?” Jessica ignores how the bartender addresses her. Best not to riled up the young woman or else she’ll continue on teasing you

“Nope, want me to whip up some for your lady?”

Jessica nodded ‘Can you lend me some of your first aid kit as well, thanks”

“Coming right up”

**

“You might as well stick your nose to your phone, I’m sure it’ll do your face some justice”

Yuri’s startled at the sudden intrusion from her private bubble. She turns her head and is welcomed by the sight of a casual looking Jessica Jung. Don in a loose bun with few strands on her forehead, a green hoodie, ripped light blue jeans and a classic vans.

“What are you doing here?” Yuri found runs faster than her brain.

Instead of answering the latter’s questions, Jessica took the iphone from Yuri’s hand and placed a plate of buffalo wings in front of her.

“Eat up. It’s nothing much but what do you expect. It’s the only dish that Shan knows how to cook since its Uncle Bob’s days off”

Sitting in silence Jessica waited for the latter to respond as Yuri keeps on eyeing the buffalo wings and her. “Well?”

“How…?”

“I saw you weren’t able to grab a bite during the party, so, eat up. I don’t want to take the blame for your death due to starvation later on. God knows, the media will immediately point fingers at me… I can actually picture the headline already ,’ Model turns Murderer: Unravelled the truth why Jung starves her ex-girlfriend to death’.”

Yuri huffs and lets out a playful annoyance grunts “Should’ve known that you only care about your image. Could’ve fool me, I’m one shy away from actually trusting that you are concern about me”

“In your dream. Or better yet, even in your dream I won’t be nice to you”

That elicits laughter from both women “thanks” Yuri mutters

As the latter starts devouring the wings, Jessica notices that Yuri hasn’t change her attire which is quite weird, because it has been hours that the event ended.

Yuri then stops to look at her “You should have some. I don’t think I’m able to eat all of these by myself”

The Model shook her head “Nah, it’s too messy”

Upon hearing the excuse, Yuri started tearing the meat from the bone and offers the latter which catches Jessica by surprise. “Open up”. The way Yuri utters the phrase so casually is so perplexing.

“Do you do this to all the people that you dated?”

“Don’t kid yourself. There aren’t many people wants to date me ergo, I don’t do this to random people. So congrats! For making it into the top three” Yuri laughs at her own lame jokes, “Come on Jess, my arm is starting to get numb, open up”

Jessica eyes the latter before opening , inviting the fiery red meat given.

“Slightly spicy tho” Yuri utters “Here’s water if it gets too much”

“But its soo goooodd” Yuri had to laugh at Jessica

“It’s just wings Jess”

Ignoring Yuri who seems amused by her antics, Jessica urges her to feed her more

“Damn, such a bossy princess”

“You like me anyway” Jessica flips her hair , Yuri had to laugh “ya ya whatever”

Another familiar comfortable silence falls upon them.

“Hey, I’m sorry about the whole fiasco this morning. I have no intention to ruin your friend’s wedding”

“Ruin is a strong word. Besides, it is technically his fault. You didn’t do anything… did you?” Jessica side eyeing the latter with a playful smile plastered on her face. “What did he said to you anyway?”

“He goes on and on about his reputation of dating you, which reminds me so much of you, no wonder you guys dated.. hey!” Yuri laugh as the model light-heartedly hit her arms “Anyway, as I was saying, before you abuse me, he said something about my ugly face and said no wonder you dumped me in the first place”

“Abuse? Exaggerate much?”

“Well technically…” Before Yuri could even recalled all the things that Jessica had done to her, she stops and laughs, by the sight of a sulking model “Okay, okay. I’m not going there anymore”

“One, never call yourself ugly again because you’re not. Secondly, don’t let his word gets to your head. I can assure you, you’re a way better than him. I can’t believe I dated him in a the first place, what a pig… wh… why are you looking at me like that?”

With a stupid smile on her face, Yuri leans closer. “Is that your-not-so subtle way of saying I’m pretty? Beautiful even?”

“Seriously? All the things that I have said, you only pick up that part?”

Yuri shrugs “Of course. I mean its not like everyday that a ‘supermodel’ like you would compliment the beauty that I am”

“Jesus Christ, you’re so full of yourself. And by the way, I did not mention that word beautiful…”

“The word is implied in your sentence Jess”

“Nor did I even said that you’re pretty” Jessica ignores the latter remarks “For all you know I was actually referring to the word ‘cute”

Yuri grins from ear to ear “Cute huh? I can live with that”

“Yes…. Based on the older version of oxford dictionary …. Ugly but adorable”

“HAHAHAHAHAH She got you good KY” Both Yuri and Jessica was startled by Shannon’s laugh which Jessica cant help herself but to join in

Yuri gives both of them the side eye “I’m not going to give you my wings anymore” pulls the plate closer to her which leaves the model agape by the scene

“Hey! That’s unfair, you told me that you’re going to feed me”

Shannon smiles, propping her elbow on the counter admiring the scene in front of her “Sigh…. I need to get myself a boyfriend…. Or girlfriend. Whichever comes first”