Chapter 41: Smitten?

Who says Archeology is lame? [Discontinued]

Chapter 41 : Smitten?

 

4 days before Kim’s Wedding…

 

Cough! Cough! Cough!

Parker’s face scrunches as she eyed her boss whos obviously in pain. She hold out a glass of water “Boss, drink up”

Yuri turn off the tap after splashing her face with water. She turns around and drink up the whole glass in one go. It can be pretty heaty down under the city. Her shirt was basically drench in sweat. The smells of the sewer, combining with earthy dusty soil makes it even worst.

“Do you want cough syrup?” Parkers says

Cough! Cough!

“No, it’ll be gone in a while. Don’t worry about it” She took the white towel on the chair and wipes her face. “Where’s Taecyeon?”

Parker gives a small smile “Mr Ok has gone for about two hours ago”

Yuri huffs “That brat”

“Oh before I forgot, there’s someone left a business card. She asked me to pass it to you. Urgent”

“What does she looks like?” Yuri asks

“About 5 foot tall, blonde bob and she’s Asian”

Yuri rack her brain, trying to match the descriptions to the people she knows. Unable to figure out, she took the card from her assistant and read the printed bold.

[Hyoyeon Kim – H.KIM Photography]

“Who’s Hyoyeon Kim?” she mutters under her breath. Flipping the card, there it was written at the back of the card [Get your to Cipriani, 42nd Street tmr. P/S; 110E.42nd St between Lexington & Park Aves. If you have no idea where it is]

***

She looks at the card once again and turn her gaze upon the majestic building in front of her. “Cipriani…” she mutters under her breath.

“One of the most expensive wedding venues in New York… hmm… interesting” Yuri scroll down the website that she had open to find out what kind of building is she heading to.

As she walks down the lobby, some of the workers had their eyes on her. Not because she was hot or anything but probably the opposite.

Yuri look at her reflection on the mirror. She was wearing her dark blue jeans, stains with dirt, a white button down shirt with a dark shirt underneath, a leathered boots and she had her hair in a messy bun. “Ah, I should’ve changed first. I look like some construction worker”

A buffy guy wearing a black uniform suddenly appears in front of her “The staff’s door is that way” he utters with a deep stern voice with a thick Russian accent.

“I don’t work here” Yuri reply “Some lady named Hyoyeon Kim is expecting me today, I guess”

The guy eye Yuri from head to toe. The disbelief look was clearly evident on his face “Miss Kim do not want to seez any paparazzi lurking around”

“I’m not a paparazzi”

..

..

“Really, I’m not”

..

..

“Do you see any camera with me?”

..

..

“Please move” the buffy guy finally utters something. “I don’t hit women”

“Seriously, I have an appointment with this Miss Kim of yours, can you move aside so I can actually know why am I here in the first place?” Yuri spats. She was getting annoyed

The guy bent slightly forward, making sure to see the Asian lady in eye “I.do.not.hit.women.Now.Get.Lost”

***

 

“YAH!!!” Yuri shriek as the buffy guy basically thrown her out of the building “Numbskull baboon” She hiss

How the hell is she going to enter the building if the guy was practically standing in the middle of the lounging area?

Yuri walks to the side of the building and notices that there were back alley “Must be there’s a door somewhere”

After minutes of wondering around – tripping, knocking her head – she finally made it to the second main elevator. “Now I look worst compared to before. Stupid guard” she mutters.

Before the elevator door can open, her heart stops for a second as she hears the familiar voice calling out for her.

The buffy guy was running and screaming at her

“YOU! WVAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!”

“God damnit” Yuri curse while pressing the button furiously. Noticing that it was no use, she quickly run for her life.

It was like a game of Tom and Jerry. The boot was so not helping her. “Goddamnit past Yuri!! You should’ve be more active in sports!”

Eyeing the boxes stacks neatly few meters from her, Yuri pick up her pace and push the boxes as it falls to the ground and successfully knocks the giant behind her.

“Fcking idiot!!” she laugh her heart out

“B!TCH! I’ll KILL YOU!”

There was a big brown gigantic door open in front of her, Yuri quickly turn

“AH!!!”

Yuri comfortably landed on something very soft and warm. She opens her eyes and welcome by a gorgeous creature staring back at her.

“Yuri?”

“Jessica?”

The distance between them is almost invisible. With both Yuri’s hand are now resting each sides of Jessica’s face. Whilst Jessica’s hands are rest comfortably on the latter’s hips.

Before Jessica could ask anything, something pulls Yuri back so hard and fast that the latter might choke on her own shirt.

“I’ve got you, you little twerp!” The buffy guy lets out an evil laugh, and as he notices the existence of Jessica. He bows down a little “I’m sorry for thisz inconvenient Miss Jung. This little twerp isz trying to sneek in” smiling. Probably proud that he managed to get his hand on Yuri.

Yuri on the other hand was trying hard to breath. Jessica realizes what was going on quickly hit the buffy guy’s hand “Get your hands off her dimwit! You’re going to kill her. Oh My God”

Pulling Yuri off the guy’s grasp, Jessica rubs her back softly and her other hand rested on Yuri’s collarbone.

Cough! Cough!

“Butz Miss Jung, Miss Kim sayz no paparazzi. I’m only doing my job”

“yes, you’ve done a great job, but she’s with me”

Realizing his fault, the buffy guy apologizes profusely and bows endless, which Yuri shrugs off, saying everything was just a big misunderstanding.  

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asks the latter, still rubbing Yuri’s back softly

“Some lady named Kim Hyoyeon wants to meet me” still not acknowledging how close they are with each other. The intimate gestures that both shows could surpass as coupley acts.

“Hyo? How do you even know Hyo?”

Before Yuri can answer her question, Hyoyeon barge in, definitely stunned by whats in front of her.

“uh am I interrupting anything?”

Finally realizing their positions, they broke apart faster than you can utter the letter ‘u’. Both women were in crimson red, and the laughter from the other woman did not help to ease the awkwardness.

Another woman enters the room “What’s with all the commotion?”

“See honey, I told you. Jessica’s spawn of Satan is my new bride’s maid”

“Spawn of what now?”

“Bride’s maid?”

Both utter in unison

 

***

 

 “So… you’re the Bride’s maid?”

Yuri nodded, knowing exactly that the latter wouldn’t acknowledge that she did.

“Wow… small world indeed. So, basically, we don’t have to look for your dress anymore, is it?”

“Should be, since Miss Kim wants me to wear suit during her wedding”

“Aww… Babe, I’m sorry I have to get a rain check on our dinner. I am swamp with loads of stuff now”

“Nah, its fine. You go work on your magic and don’t forget to eat okay?”

“Will do babe. Call me later?”

Yuri nodded “Text me when you’re free okay?”

“Okay. Shoot. Miss Park is looking for me. Talk to you later handsome!”

Yuri snickers as she turn the ends call icon on her screen.

“Done reporting to the first lady?”

Yuri turns and she gives a small smile. “You can say that”

Jessica arch and eyebrow. “So whipped I can’t even”

“Am not!”

Jessica sniggers “yah, right. Hey do you want to grab dinner with me, Hyo and Nicole?”

***

Yuri and Jessica sits opposite the couple.

 

“So you’re the one who help Hyo with all the suits?” Nicole asks the tan woman in front of her.

Yuri nodded “yes, the one and only Spawn of the Satan”

“Yah… I told you I’m sorry” Jessica glares at the latter next to her which causes Yuri to laugh and land her hand on top of her blonde lock

“I know, I didn’t complaint anything about it though” she says as she give her charming smile

Hyoyeon watches the interaction with amusement. “Yuri seems like shes a nice lady. I have no idea why Sica despise you so much”

Turning to look at the model once more “Ya Jessica sshi, I’m a nice person. You have no reason to loath me”

Jessica snorts “Says the person who wants me to called her Queen Yewri and remember all the barbaric thing that you asked me to do”, turning to see Hyoyeon again “traitors”

“You guys are so cute” Nicole chips in “I’m glad Hyo managed to land another good looking brides maid, and now I can pair you guys up”

“Sorry?” Yuri seems lost

“Well, the plan was to pair Nick and Jessica up, but under circumstances….. Therefore, I think you would suit Jessica”

“Why do we need to pair up again?” Yuri asks

“For the photoshoot”

“Welcome to the Family my child” Hyoyeon utters with laughter

***

            Two women walks slowly along the lake, basking in the night breeze. They weren’t talking for the past 20 minutes, but it was actually nice for both of them. After dinner, Yuri and Jessica decided to take a stroll at the nearby park. There wasn’t much people at the park, so it should be a problem, plus Jessica decided to get rid of her makeup, put on her wig and a dark frame glasses, almost similar to Yuri’s.

“I haven’t had a descent walk in ages” Jessica spoke, breaking off the silence.

“It’s that hard huh?”

The model nodded “Perks of being a celebrity that is”

“Have you ever regret being a model?” Yuri asks as she genuinely interested what the latter’s answer would be.

It took the model a few seconds before she could give her answer “Being a model has its ups and down. When I was young, I never thought I could be a celebrity. Never crossed my mind that I would want to be put under the limelight. But after I’m in the industry, I have grown to love them. I love how people trust me with their artwork and let me present them to the world”

“Hmm?”

“You see, these designers put their heart and effort into their line, it wasn’t just about producing ‘clothes’, it’s about presenting their creativity, their passion, their hard work… basically, their world, to be seen by others out there. It’s an honour to put on their masterpiece and help them carry out their passion in the run way”

Yuri hum for a bit, glancing at the latter. Clearly she was taken aback by the other woman’s answer. “That’s probably the first time I have heard such answer. I’m ashamed to say that I never view modelling in such a way”

“Don’t be. It’s understandable. Not everyone can brain others passion and career and view them as how we view them. Per say, archeology. I don’t understand how archeologist work, but you opens up my eyes to see your perspective. And now, I’m helping you to understand how I view my world”

Yuri nodded. She is definitely impressed.

“And to actually answer your question, there are things that comes with being a celebrity makes me regret them so much, but as of now, I’m grateful that I’m standing where I am now. I have met great people, found loyal friends and I get to do what I love”

“Good”

Then they fall into the comfortable silence once again. As the sky gets darker, the winds blow a little bit stronger. Yuri notices the latter shudders slightly. Taking off her button down shirt, she covers Jessica with it.

“It’s not much, but it should do”

Jessica nodded, grateful.

“We should get back.. It’s getting chilly now”

            Dropping off Yuri at her mansion, they bid each other’s goodbye, when suddenly Yuri calls out her name.

“Yes?” she look at the tan woman perplex

“You’re pretty when you wear that” pointing at Jessica’s face

“But… I don’t have anything on me now”

Yuri chuckles “Exactly. You should do that often. Goodnight Sica”

 

**

After finishing her shower, she sits on the bed and dim her light. She take her bag and starts rummaging for her phone, when suddenly she saw a white shirt inside her bag. Yuri’s shirt.

She taps on Yuri’s contact and look at the screen after a few seconds, she changes her contact name.

[Lil Satan change to Yul]

“Maybe I should call her tomorrow. It’s pretty late” Jessica mutters under her breath. She puts her phone aside and take the shirt.

Surprisingly the shirt smells good. Like… really really good. Oblivious to her own action, she pulls up the shirt near her nose, nuzzling her face with it before falling into deep sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author’s note:

I knowww I knowwwww I’m lateeeeee and ya’ll be hating me right now. I’m sorryyyyy. I just got back from another camp. I was exhausted and I have tons of subjects that I neeed to catch up with. Oh god. Being a teacher is no joke! Damn. Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I love writing them. I am terribly sorry for the slowpoke pace of the story. I know I know. It gets boring if it comes to this pace. But I m trying to pick up the pace now without having them to look weird and all. From this chapter onwards, I’ll try to be fast as I can, okay guys? Need some supports hereeee hahaha

Ciao!