Chapter 46 : Door

Who says Archeology is lame? [Discontinued]

 

Chapter 48 : Door

“Hey”

“Hey”

“I’m sorry about last night”

“It’s okay”

“I guess I owe you some explanations. It’s kind of complicated”

“Hey, if you’re not ready to talk about it yet, you don’t have to. No rush”

Falls into brief silence

“I think I might need a rain check on that. I’m sorry Yul”

“Do you still want me to pick you up?”

“As much as I want that to happen, I need to drop by the office and get some important stuff that I need later”

“I guess I’ll be seeing you at the event? Sigh, I bet you look so pretty in your dress”

“Cheesy Yul is always cheesy”

“Well, only for you” That receives a chuckles from the line on the other side.

“See you in a bit Yul”

“See you in a bit Tiff”

 

***

Yuri stares at her phone before Jessica broke her trance “You okay?”

She looks at Jessica and then look at her phone. She sighs lightly “I…no. I’m good”

Jessica throws a concern look. “You know that you can talk to me right?”

Yuri smiles “so, are we like friends now?”

Jessica elbowed the latter’s stomach “. Of course we are”

“That’s good to hear” Yuri gives a genuine smile. Playing with her phone, the tan woman then looks at the supermodel. “Tiff has been off lately. She sounded like she’s wary when I talk to her on the phone. I guess she has something going on with her right now. She did say she’ll tell me eventually. But, she’s hesitating. I don’t know why. I mean, I’m fine with her taking her time but…”

“It drives you to the wall?”

Yuri nodded “Kind of. I guess. I mean, I want to help her, but I can’t do anything if she’s not opening up to me, right?”

Jessica ponders for a while, eyeing the tan woman who seems anxious about the whole ordeal. Tiffany doesn’t seem like a cheater nor does she looks like she holds thousands of secrets. But then, most of prolific serial killers have normal personalities upfront.

Wait, what? Why the hell did I even compared Tiffany to a Serial killer??       

Jess shook her head, getting rid of the bizarre thought out of her head. “I know you’re worried about her. I understand that you want to ease off her burden from whatever shes having right now. But, You need to give her space for her to figure out about it first. She’ll come to you eventually. If it takes too long, approach her about it baby steps. Don’t force her when she’s not ready”

Oh wow Jess, that sounds really good. She smiles within, patting herself at the back being able to come up with such suitable response.

Yuri sighs lightly “You’re right It’s probably too personal and we only been dating for few months. It’s understandable if she still has her guard up about certain topic. It’s perfectly normal right?”

Jessica nodded. She took the tan woman’s left hand and put it on her lap, rubbing them slightly with her thumb. “Give it some time. She’ll come around”

Yuri gives a genuine smile, squeezing the other woman’s hand lightly “Thanks Jess. I really appreciate it”

Unbeknownst by the two women sitting on the bench, one familiar rock star who has her hand akimbo staring at them intently.

 

***

“Hey Tiff, I’m going to get a closer look alright. Boss wants close up pictures of the brides. I ll see you in a bit” The camera man walks out, bringing his camera equipment with him, leaving the Korean American behind.

Don in pastel pink dress with black buckle trap High Heels Sandal, she struts down the hall, holding her phone against her ear, waiting for the latter on the other side of the line to pick up their phone.

 “Hey, I’m at the main entrance. Yah, okay. I’ll wait” Tiffany ends the call, still holding her phone, mindlessly scrolling her contacts. Her eyes fixated on the familiar unsaved number. She doesn’t remember still having  them.

No, Tiffany. It has been a year. You’re over this . Delete her number.

Before she could tap the delete icon, she startles by the sudden tap on her shoulder.

Jesus

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to. Are you okay?”

Her girlfriend, Yuri, rubs her shoulder gently, trying to calm her fast beating heart.

Tiffany gives a small smile “it’s fine It’s fine. Don’t worry about it Yuri. I’m okay, Just too caught up with my phone”

“Is everything fine? You look distraught”

The Korean American woman shook her head “Everythings okay, I’m just going through the list of things I need to do later. Too nervous I guess” She gives a tight smile

 

 

Oblivious to her force smile Yuri pats her arms “Don’t worry too much about it. I’m sure you’ll do great.”

“Thanks Yuri”

Yuri glance her girlfriend from head to toe “You look beautiful Tiff” Giving the latter a small kiss on her temple.

Tiffany nudges the latter “Cheesy Yul is always cheesy. You on the other hand look stunning. Is this a part of your bridesmaids dress?”

Donning in Jason Wu’s Women’s white Long Halter-neck dress, complete with Giuseppe Zanotti Black ‘Coline’ double band Mule, Yuri is definitely dress to impress.

Yuri nodded “Well, technically, this is the only dress that we need to wear. The rest of the reception, Hyoyeon asks us to wear suits”

“I’m sure you look beautiful in both”

“Cheesy Tiff is always cheesy”

 

***

“Who’s that chick?” Christian takes a sip of his Martini, while eyeing the so-called-Spawn-of-Satan that his best friend Jessica used to force him to addressed last time.

Jessica couldn’t keep her eyes on the pair that had just walk into the ballroom

“That chick looks gorgeous. Is she a model? Would love to use her in the future” Christian adds

“No, she’s an up-coming Editor for NEXT”

“An Editor? What a shame. With a face, body and walk like that, she’d better off being a supermodel. Which brings me back to my original question, Why is Yuri all over her?”

“She’s her girlfriend”

“Who’s girlfriend?”

“Her girlfriend”

“Yuri has a girlfriend?”

“Yuri has a girlfriend”

“Are you salty about it”, Christian smirk. Looking at the latter who’s looking at him with such incredulous expression on her face.

“Why on earth would I be salty about it?”

The designer laughs “Jesus Jess, you should’ve seen your face. I was just pulling your legs”

“What an ”

 

 

***

“Ah, who’s this lovely lady over here?” Nicole smiles, offering a handshake, which Tiffany reciprocate with a gentle gesture. She’s definitely nervous, I mean, who wouldn’t, Nicole is a well-known model in the industry.

Hyoyeon offers a similar gesture, giving the Korean American woman a warm smile. “Hello”

“It’s nice meeting you, I want to congratulate you on your glorious wedding on behalf of NEXT. You both look beautiful”

“Thank you” both brides replies unison

“I’m Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang, an Editor from NEXT. It’s a pleasure being invited to witness all of this”

“Pleasure is all ours. I hope that you’re enjoying the event so far” Nicole eyes the latter without being too obvious

What a beauty

 “Yes, yes of course. Everything is splendid” Tiffany quickly adds

“Both of you look stunning” Hyoyeon smirks “Are you perhaps Yuri’s plus one? Although, I can’t help but being sceptical that a beauty like you would say yes to Yuri”

“Yah yah, don’t be mean” Yuri shoves the blonde photographer playfully “This is my girlfriend you’re talking about”

Hyo lets out a playful comical expression “Heol! Get out. Seriously?? Why would you say yes to her?” follows by laughter from the other three

“It was nice meeting you Tiffany, but I have to cut this conversation short. We’ll be seeing each other around yes? Drink responsibly kids” Hyoyeon laughs, taking her wife’s hand and leaves the other couple behind.

“She seems nice” Tiffany utters “You guys look like you’ve been friends forever”

“We went out to have dinner one time after I met her. I personally like her wife more compared to her, Hyoyeon is just plain weird at times” Yuri chuckles

“Oh, the one that you went out with Jessica isn’t not? Speaking of her… where is she? I haven’t seen her around”

“I didn’t know that you’re attending this event as well”

Both Yuri and Tiffany turns around, only to be welcomed by the sight of a familiar singer.

Kim Taeyeon

“NEXT got an invitation from Mrs Kims, and so here we are”

Taeyeon nodded. She then realises that Yuri was standing awkwardly next to Tiffany “You guys know each other?”

Tiffany and Yuri mutter the word okay. “Wow what a small world. So are you guys friends?”

Yuri shook her head and smiles, and latches her palm against Tiffany’s. “She’s my girlfriend”

 

 

Taeyeon tries maintaining her poker face on, subtly looking at Yuri and Tiffany back and forth.

What an odd couple, I didn’t know that Tiffany’s type would be this kind of person. \

“Oh, she’s the girl friend? What a small world indeed” Taeyeon gives a small beam, keeping the thought to herself. So Yuri was the one that she has been hearing about for the span of time that she has spent at NEXT.

“I guess I should leave the two of you alone. Have you seen Jess Yuri?”

“I talked to her a while ago, no idea where she went off to after that” Yuri shrugs. Pondering where the model has gone.

The singer nod and shuffles towards the other room

“Why do I have a feeling that she doesn’t like me?” Yuri turns to look at Tiffany. Taeyeon has been giving her peculiar vibe ever since she knows the woman.

“Ignore her, she’s weird like that” Tiffany reassures her girlfriend even though she saw the singer’s eyes twitches looking at their intertwine hand.

***

Yuri was having a good time at the wedding. She met a lot of new people, extending her network even though most of the people who attended the wedding consist of people from the entertainment industry which has no relation to her line of work. Nevertheless, her work was something that always pops in the conversation. It was a refreshing scene to see half of the people she mingle with are interested in her projects.

“So, you’re like Jessica Jung’s ex right?”

And the other half of people that Yuri met were always asking her the same questions related to Jessica. It’s either,

“Why did you guys break up in the first place anyway?”

Or

“How is Jessica like when you guys dated?”

Or

“What kind of beef did you guys have anyway?”

And then come questions that start to offend her a little bit.

“I can’t see it” a blonde man who has a round glasses with a thin moustache scrutinizes her from head to toe “I can’t see why Jessica ended up with you last time”

Or

“You and Jessica… look a bit odd… if you’re still together…You guys don’t look like you’re on par with  each other” a tall brunette sips her Martini utters “No offense!” she quickly adds on, followed by a force chuckles.

Yuri forces a smile on her face, trying not to scowl at such rude remark. She excuses herself, not wanting to be the centre of attention. She looks around the crowded place, looking for any familiar face.

 

She spotted Taeyeon. Oh the suave looking short woman who seems to be in an interesting conversation with a bunch of expensive looking people. She fits just right in the mix with her expensive looking dress, with expensive looking golden hair, and of course her expensive looking face.

Expensive

“She looks expensive” Yuri mutters under her breathe.

“Yes she does”

Yuri startles and quickly turn to her right. She grunts in displeased “Way to give me a heart attack”

The willowy looking man sniggers “What is there to be jealous about? You’re net worth is basically 10 times higher than her. You my friend, is expensive”

“By me you mean my parents’ net worth. I’m nowhere near as expensive as you thought I would be” Yuri turns looking through the crowd, basking in the slow jazz playing in the background. Key side eye his new found friend while smirking.

“Jessica is single” he utters.

Yuri then look at the man, giving him a perplex look on her face. Not knowing what to do with the obvious information.

“She and Taeyeon goes way back. But thats it”

Yuri was suddenly hit with a realization “Are you like… hinting me to go after Jessica? As in The Jessica Jung? The Model Jung?”

Key sniggers, looking at the tan woman right in the eye “What does it look like?”

“Are you being serious right now?” Yuri kinks an eyebrow. She huffs at the ridiculousness of the situation. She was suddenly weirded out by the fact that this man springs such prepostery… is that even a legit word?....

“Please, you don’t have to deny them. It’s quite obvious that you like her”

“As a friend of course. What makes you think otherwise?”

“Please Yuri, you have a crush on her”

“No I don’t”

“Pfft, yes you do”

“No I don’t”

“Oh come one…” before key could annoys the latter any further, Yuri interjects one last time “I have a girlfriend” which the lanky man starts to snorts and laugh at the tan woman.

“Yah , in what world”

“Rude” Yuri glares at the latter “For your information, I have a girlfriend, ask anyone around” Yuri has her hand akimbo, smug on her face

Key squints and decided to grab anyone near his vicinity, pulling them into their little conversation

He unknowingly grabs a woman that stands nearby,

“Lady, my idiot of a friend, said that EVERYONE here knows that she has a girl friend. Is that true?” Key has his arms akimbo and smug on his face.

“Uh… I don’t know about everyone, but… she does have a girlfriend….me” Tiffany points at herself

“You?” Key flabbergasted , pointing at Tiffany and Yuri

“yes…me?” Tiffany frowns a little while Yuri on the other hand grins from ear to ear.

“Like seriously?” Key asks one more time

Yuri at that point was laughing her off. Tiffany’s phone suddenly vibrates in her handbag, she excuses herself, leving her girlfriend and a man that she didn’t even know behind.

“Hello?”

“Hello? Miss Tiffany Hwang? We need you at the Hospital right now”

There was a pin drop silence falls upon her. Suddenly the noises of the crowd in the ball room starts to fade away into nothing.  She blinks once, twice….

“Hello Miss Hwang?”

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author: At this rate, I might as well label this a written soap opera. -.- it’s damn annoying… I knowww people.