5: Life is a Chess Game

Pierrot: A Fool for You

It was Sunday and DBSK is stuck in a traffic jam. Apparently somebody tried to commit suicide and that cause an accident. So here they are stuck and can’t do anything about it since they can’t change cars or use public transport. They will probably get mobbed by the fans if they notice who they are and they probably will since their physique isn’t one you see everyday walking the streets.

“Guys look at that.” Yoochun pointed at a convenient store that seems having its opening day. Someone in a mascot was dancing around with at their song Balloons while giving balloons to kids. They all laughed and Jaejoong even started to video it.

“Wow, she’s good. She has some nice moves” Yunho complimented. They were surprised that someone in a dog mascot got a compliment from Yunho the dance king.

“How did you know it was a she?” Changmin asked.

“Look at her dance and she doesn’t know the steps to our song she’s just random dancing and no guy can swing and shake their booty like that.”

They all looked at the mascot more closely. The mascot was dancing and giving balloons when a kid pushed the mascot, making it fall and roll a bit to the ground. The brat laughed in victory with this friends and run away before they got busted. Seeing that no one’s going to help the mascot tried to get back up but fell back on the ground again. It seems that her right foot was injured. The mascot took off the head and they all gasped.

"She shook her head no."

“What? Why didn’t you report? Those guys should go to jail. They can’t do that to you and get away. No girl deserves to be treated like that” Junsu stated. She was touched. They barely knew each other but they are concerned for her. Or maybe they just feel a sense of responsibility because they are the ones who saw you at that moment and just pity you Hee Jin. Yeah that’s it they just pity you.

 

“I didn’t report it. Nothing would happen anyways. Those guys were rich. They would just deny it or just use money to cover it up and I don’t have money to file for anything” she explained.

 

They all become quiet. Though they don’t want to admit it she was right. No matter how you look at it she’ll be the losing side. It’s just how reality works and it . Victim’s bows their heads and the culprits held their nose high. Justice is only for those who have the money and power. 

 

 

“Hee Jin shi” they all said.

The door of the convenient store opened and the manager came out and saw Hee Jin lying on the ground. He scolded Hee Jin for slacking. She quickly apologized and stood up. The manager left, she stood up and stomped her feet to the ground like trying to make sure that her right leg work and started to jump to apply more force on her leg. Seeing that it’s good as it’s going to get she put the mascot head’s back on and started to dance to Gee by SNSD giving away flyers this time.

“How many jobs does she have?” asked Jaejoong. She must really need the money. He understands her, they all do. Before they became idols and carved their names in the night sky they also went through many difficult times. They worked hard for money in an early age. Yunho delivered newspapers, clean snow from path ways during inter and other menial jobs. Yoochun migrated to America where he worked different job to help her divorced mother before he got scouted. He himself also worked different jobs like what Hee Jin is doing now. He was only fifteen that time when he delivered newspaper and milk, sell bubble gum; he also became a cashier at 24 hour convenient store and a waiter. And the same goes for Junsu and Changmin. This all happened when they were still trainees and have no money but needed to support themselves.

He wanted to get down in the car and go to her but their car finally moved and a few more seconds she was out of their sight.

“Hee Jin must be living a hard life now” said Yunho with a sad expression on his face.

“Yeah, she must going through a lot. She must need the money for her to work so many jobs” added Junsu.

“It must be bad for her. I know how it feels. Living in a different country, there’s the language barrier and the discrimination. If it weren’t for Yoohwan and my mother I might have committed suicide already” said Yoochun remembering all the hardship he went through when he still lived in ia.

“It made me remember our hardship during our trainee days. We also worked different jobs that time” said Changmin.

“Yeah she reminds me of us” agreed Yunho “I also took that kind of job once. And that costume is really hot and uncomfortable” he added.

“That mascot was really cute. She even has some nice moves” stated Junsu.

“Yeah Hee Jin shi is cute. If we were to meet her under normal circumstances I would make a pass on her.”They all shook their heads at what Yoochun said. Expect Yoochun to hit on girls anywhere anytime, typical Casanova.

“Yah, is there any girl you wouldn’t make a pass at?” taunted Changmin.

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

“One dark chocolate cake” she said as she served the cake to the customer. Baking was her hobby ever since she was a child. That’s why she looked for work vacancies at Café’s first when she was looking for a job. Cakes and cookies were her specialties.

 

 “Hee Jin shi, are you tired?” asked Hongki.

“No, I’m fine. Why did you ask?”

“Cause you’ve been running through my mind all day” he joked followed by the cute laughter of his.

“Yah idiot, don’t annoy Hee Jin” said Shin Hye.

“Don’t call me an idiot, I’m not one” defended Hongki. “And I’m not annoying her. I’m trying to make her laugh. Hee Jin shi do you find me annoying? ”

She shook her head a big no. “I think you are cute”

“You think this thing is cute? Hee Jin shi there must be something wrong with your eyes. You should get them check, I know a doctor” said Shin Hye putting her hand at Hee Jin’s forehead checking her temperature.

“Yah, why can’t you just accept that I am gorgeous and you’re the one who has an eye problem?”

And on they go again with their regular bantering. Hee Jin looked at the two.  They’ll make a cute couple. They always fight but I’m sure they’ll be a perfect match. Just like the two of us. We always fought but we both knew better how we love one another. Wait Hee Jin STOP STOP stop thinking about him. You’re not allowed to think of him and anything he has connection with. You came here to Korea to forget about him and get over your heart break so stop thinking about him.

“You two make a good couple” she said in the midst of their quarrel. Hongki and Shin Hye’s face distorted in disgust like she said something that should never be said. They gave her a ‘we heard that before and were not going that low, it’s never goona happen’. It was then she realized that they hear that a lot.

“Hee Jin shi don’t make me laugh. I will never go out with this idiot even if he is the last guy on earth, no make it the universe.”

“Hey, don’t call me an idiot and I wouldn’t go out with you either I have standards you know.”

“I’m just saying you two are perfect for each other and there is probably no other person who knows you guys the way you know each other. You guys have been classmates and neighbors since grade school right? And besides you two always argue but when the other is in need you always help each other.”

The two of them became silent and looked in different directions. They couldn’t say anything back because all the Hee Jin said was true. Set aside all the insults and side comments the two of them are really close friends.

 

(-_-) (-_-)(\^_^/)(-_-)(-_-)

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

Loud music can be heard all throughout the place as she looked herself in the mirror, she’s at the Mirotic bar again. Actually she’s working behind the counter now. She asked the manager if she could prepare the food instead of serve them and manager agreed since she’s good with foods but tonight they were short on waiter so here she is again wearing the same uniform she hates.

“Hee Jin shi hurry up and serve these drinks”

She took the drinks and put in a tray and served it to the customer maneuvering her way through the dancing crowd, something she got used to after awhile. She was about to leave when a guy put his arms around her neck and she immediately stiffens, the scene before hitting her like déjà vu.

“Hey pretty lady how about we have some fun tonight” said the guy who was about her age.

Her body froze and her heart stopped beating, the incident played on her mind again. Calm down Hee Jin he’s not the same guy. You’ve learned your lesson. You already know how to how to handle this calm down and smile. You practiced this before, calm down and smile, calm down and smile” I’m sorry sir but we are not allowed to. I’ll lose my job if I drink with a customer. But if you want I can find a girl for you. Sir what is your type? Big chest? Older or younger?” she flashed him a smile. The guy instantly took off his hands from her and also smiled.

“Waah, you are something. Fine I’ll let you off. I like tall and younger woman and of course a C cup” he said as he winked at Hee Jin and give her some cash.

“Of course sir, wait a minute and I’ll find you a girl” she bowed and left. As soon as she was far from their table she let out a sigh of relief.  See Hee Jin, you just have to use your head and you won’t get into any trouble. You just have to know how a guy’s mind works and you’ll be fine.

(-_-) (-_-)(\^_^/)(-_-)(-_-)

 

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

The moment they entered the club many eyes were staring at them. They are the famous Dong Bang Shin Ki after all. Girls were eying them, thinking of how to get their attention and take one of them home for the night. Guys were jealous and angry at them for having all the attention but can’t help but to admire them either. You can’t deny perfection.

“Hey, isn’t that almost victim?” Junsu pointed at the waitress who has looking uncomfortable with the man making his move on her.

 Jaejoong head snapped to the direction and was about to go to her when she whispered something to him and he let her go. She left the man and was about to go to the other direction opposite from theirs when Yunho called her.

“Hey, Hee Jin shi”

“Oh, it’s you guys” she said as she went to their table.

“You still work here” his voice was cool but Jaejoong wasn’t too happy about it.

“Well I don’t really have a choice, but I’ve learned how a guy’s mind works and know how to play the game. So last time wouldn’t happen again”

“And what do you mean exactly by that? And what did you say to that guy?” asked Changmin.

“I told him I’ll find him a ier girl with bigger and he moved away.”

“Haha, I like this girl already” said Yoochun while giving her thumbs up.

“I’ll find you hot girls too, though I don’t think you need me. You guys can probably get girls yourselves” she said as she looked at the girls who are already drooling just staring at them.

“Yeah we can manage. Thank you for your offer, maybe next time.”

“Of course, just call me anytime you need me. I owe you guys big time” she bowed and left.

“What, why are you staring at me like that?” Yoochun ask innocently but they all just shrugged. Typical play boy they all thought.

“She still works here. Maybe she really needs the money” said Changmin as he checkout the girls in the dance floor looking for his girl for the night.

“Yeah, she was in a mascot before right. Maybe she needs to support her family” said Junsu while sipping his non alcoholic drink.

They knew that she was in Korea alone. They tried to contact her family when they were treating her. But her phone was a Japanese phone and all her contacts are Japanese numbers so they figured out that her family is probably living in Japan.

 

Ever since then they always got to Mirotic whenever they are going clubbing and Hee Jin will always serve them. Hee Jin was glad that she had someone to talk to in her native language. They were always around that she already memorized their personal preference when it comes to drinks and girls.

 

(-_-) (-_-)(/-_-\)(-_-)(-_-)

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

Ring Ding Dong, Ring Ding Dong

She pushed the door bell to deliver another cake. Changmin shi must really like sweets. But doesn’t he get sick of it, he orders twice a week, does he eat sweets every meal? Her thoughts were interrupted when the door opened revealing a sleepy Yoochun with his hair flying out in every direction.

“Changmin it’s your cake” he yelled “Hee Jin ah come in” he motioned her to come in. He was used to seeing her since he practically comes regularly because of Changmin’s gluttony.

“Hyung I didn’t’ order cake. I ordered a raspberry tart” reasoned to Yoochun who already went back to his room to sleep not even bothering to answer.

“What happened here?” there were thrash everywhere. Used clothes were lying all over the room. Unwashed dishes are still in the sink and the house smell like pizza and coke. She can’t even find a place where here is no thrash in it. She knows men aren’t the cleanest creatures if they leave together but this is definitely not a way for humans to live.

“Our lady cleaner quit a few days ago and we couldn’t find a replacement” explained Changmin answering her unvoiced question. “Don’t worry we’ll live” munching away the tart.

She wanted to say something but held back knowing it’s not her business to pry to. “I guess, Changmin shi I’ll go now” Hee Jin said as she turned her back and went for the door stepping carefully to avoid used clothes.