Chapter 14: A Stupid Jaejoong Misunderstanding

Pierrot: A Fool for You

 

“Hyung stop jumping into conclusion, we don’t know the whole story.” Changmin groaned in frustration trying to convince the oldest to be reasonable.

 

Jaejoong paced around the room with his arms on his waist “How can she sell herself when I paid some gangsters so that she won’t end up where she is going right now?” He was furious, he didn’t mind the money he spent on her, it’s just money that he’ll earn again some other time but he truly cared for her. He is the one who saw her that that moment and some bud of responsibility grew on him. She’s been working for them for almost six months now and they have known her for almost a year so it’s just natural for him to get mad if she’s putting herself in danger. He is her hero after all.

 

Yunho on the other hand is getting a headache from Jaejoong’s ranting. His head is pounding from all the noise the others are making and thinking about what Jaejoong said and the small possibility of it really happening doesn’t help make it either. “Just call her and ask where she’ going.”

 

Jaejoong nodded reached for his phone and dialed her number. The others looked at him in anticipation; waiting for their questioned to be answered but the hello from the other line never came. Jaejoong’s face even grew grimmer when her voice mail said to leave message. “She turned off her phone.” He announced to the others as he shut his phone.

 

(^_^) (^-^) (^.^)(^-^)(^_^)

 

She spent the whole day touring Seoul. Carlisle gave her some information about the places they’re going to visit so she didn’t have that much of a hard time looking for words to say about the significance and history of the place their visiting. They took lots of pictures wherever they go; in almost in every corner they stayed for more than five minutes. Even the vending machine wasn’t spared; saying that vending machine in Korea is different from Japan’s. Hee Jin tried hard not to laugh when she heard that and apparently Carlisle had the same reaction when she translated it. They went here and there with her talking most of the time and Carlisle just following their tracks smiling from time to time whenever she’ll stutter and make a mistake. She thought she was really going to get it and that every mistake will come out of her pay check but he reassured her that it’s fine and that their Japanese investors are only interested in the view and taking pictures.

 

The day passed by quickly and she didn’t even get to eat anything the whole day even though they did spend lunch at a very expensive restaurant. She only got to drink water and refrained herself from drooling and pigging out on the meat in the table in case she suddenly needs to translate something. The night view on Namsan Tower became their last stop before Carlisle called it a day. Everyone was contented but tired from so many different places they visited that mostly consist of climbing up or jumping down. She was surprised on how energetic they were considering that most of them are not that young.

 

When she got to their house a frantic Jaejoong pounced on her shaking the life out of her for the second time that day. “What is wrong with you? How can you do this to yourself?” Jaejoong shouted as everyone came out of their nest and went to the scene.

 

Annoyed, she pried his hands away. Her face couldn’t help to frown from irritation for being treated like this again. She barely had any sleep taking care of Yunho and her body is tired of going around Seoul taking pictures beside vending machines. And that definitely puts her in a not so good mood. “What are you talking about?”

 

“We didn’t save you that night so you could sell yourself to some English men for a higher price. Have some self respect will you!”

 

“I don’t understand what you are saying.” She had a long day and she’s in no mood to be the understanding saint right now.

 

“On your phone conversation earlier you said that you’ll do anything they ask and give everything they want. And that you’ll make sure that they’ll have a great time with you” Yoochun explained leaning on Junsu’s shoulder not having any idea on what to think on this situation.

 

Hee Jin looked at them confusedly. They were staring at her waiting for an explanation for something her exhausted mind couldn’t comprehend. After a few seconds of deafening silence it finally dawned to her what was happening and her breath hitched in disbelief that they think she’s capable of doing that. She stoops her head low with her bangs covering half of her face hiding any expression or reaction from them. Her shoulders rise and fall as she visibly takes deep breath trying to calm herself and pulling her true words on the back of her mind, keeping her real thoughts to herself. “I was working as a part time translator. One of our regular customers at Endlessly Sweet Café asked me to be their translator for their Japanese VVIP guest. They told me to give them anything they requested and make sure that they are comfortable.”

 

“Then why did you turn off your phone?” Jaejoong weakly retorted not wanting to look pathetic as Hee Jin looked up and stare at him with emotionless eyes.

 

“My battery died. I was here the whole night and I didn’t get to charge my phone.” None of them were able to speak, ashamed that they were thinking those kinds of thoughts about her. “I’m making dinner” she announced, without sparing them another glance Hee Jin made her way to the kitchen. Even though she’s really really pissed off right now she still needs to make them dinner, it’s her job after all.

 

After dinner in which they insisted having with her Jaejoong volunteered to send her home, he wanted to apologize for what happened but he seem couldn’t bring himself to start talking, he’s a man with pride after all. Hee Jin being quiet like a person she is, is not helping relieving the tension either. After her very short explanation she didn’t utter even a single word which made Jaejoong’s inside go crazy with guilt. Stupid Jaejoong of course she’s angry. You indirectly called her a e and a cheap e for the record.

 

After a few tormenting minutes as Jaejoong called it they reached her apartment and he finally mustered the confidence to open his mouth. “Hee Jin shi I’m ~” but his words were cut off as Hee Jin slammed the door of his car not wanting to hear even a word from him.

 

“Jaejoong shi I’m not that kind of girl. You of all people should’ve know that” her voice was full of disappointment and it added to already heavy weight of guilt in his chest. She turned her back on him not even greeting him good night or goodbye like she usually does.

 

(^_^) (^-^) (*0*)(^-^)(^_^)

 

It has been weeks already and DBSK has a feeling that Hee Jin is ignoring them. She still talks to them whenever she sees them like a civilized person that she is but the problem is that they barely see her. She’ll make breakfast really early, that by the time they woke up the food’s already cold and she’s gone. They’re busy these past few days and they come home late at night and of course by that time she has already left too. Naturally Jaejoong is the one who’s bothered by it the most. He still hasn’t apologized because of his enormous superstar ego and his stupid conscience as he calls it isn’t helping either.

 

It was Monday and it’s her day-off at Endlessly Sweet Café which means the only job she has for today is delivering the newspaper and milk and of course making their breakfast. As for the rest of the day she planned on spending it sleeping and having time for herself which are one of the luxuries she couldn’t afford these days.

 

“Hee Jin shi, it’s your day off today at the café right?” Hee Jin nodded in response. Junsu was left alone in the house, the other members have filming for the Haptic CF and his part will be filmed on the later part of the day. “You don’t have anything to do today?” she shook her head no.

 

“Great, then can you please accompany me? I have lots of time to kill before my turn to shoot. So can you hang out with me for the time being?”

 

“I don’t know Junsu shi” Hee Jin bit her lip in hesitation. She doesn’t think seeing DBSK’s Junsu with some girl would be a good idea, the media would surely have a feast for sure. And she’s still looking forward to her leisure time.

 

Junsu can’t help but scratch his head “You’re still not mad are you?” The truth is that she’s not even a bit angry anymore, offended yes but building up resentment in her chest isn’t the way her parents raised her. But making them uncomfortable and their weird expressions when she’s around entertains her a bit.

 

“It’s not that” Hee Jin tried to relieve Junsu’s worry as she saw the expression on his face.

 

“Then what, come on we’ll just play around like friends do. The location is at the mall then at Lotte world. I really have a small part on it but the others have to film almost all the time so I’ll be left alone. Besides it’s been a while since I can go to a mall without anyone being suspicious. And I miss shopping for my own clothes because our stylist does that now pleeaasee!!” Junsu whined and did his aegyo. He pouted his lips clasped his hands in front of him in did this thingy with his eyes.

 

Hee Jin’s sister instincts kicked in and she blurted out without even thinking “Araso, I’ll go with you.”

 

Junsu smiled in victory. Nobody and he meant nobody beats his aegyo not even puss in boots. “Great we’ll have lots of fun.”

 

(^_^) (^-^) (*0*)(^-^)(^_^)