Chapter 19: A Korean dish flavored with Narcissism

Pierrot: A Fool for You

 

 

schools gonna start soon so i decided to update. =)


 

Jaejoong got back early from his work. Being tired from all the work he did for the day, he was about to go to his room when he heard a scream and some cluttering. He immediately went to the kitchen where the sounds came from and the sight alarmed him.  A pan was on the ground and food decorated the floor. Hee Jin sat on the ground clutching her hand in pain, oblivious to the man just right behind her. Jaejoong immediately went to her side and help her stood up.

 

“What happened?” he looked at her hand and his face winced seeing the redness of her skin.

 

“I’m-- I’m sorry. I was being careless. I’ll clean this up.” Hee Jin said stuttering as she kneeled down again and started picking the food and the pan which only burned her more fingers since it was still hot. “Ah!”

 

“What the hell are you doing!?” Jaejoong abruptly grabbed her by the arms making her drop the things in her hands and dragged her to the nearby sink. He let the cold water run freely on her burnt skin. Hee Jin cringed at the pain but cannot help but to stare at him, stunned to see him hovering. His nose scrunched as he blew some air to her skin. His expression made Hee Jin think that it was his hand that was burned.

 

His head shot up and he looked at her with a serious expression that made Hee Jin quiver in fear with words ‘you’re fired ’ echoing in her head. “What happened here?”

 

“I I was cooking and got a bit careless and the pan slipped of my hands I’m sorry.” She was stuttering a bit. The look his giving her made her heart play drums.

 

Realizing the wrong message his giving Jaejoong sighed. “Forget the food. Are you okay?”  He wasn’t mad. He was worried about her.

 

“I’m fine this is nothing” Hee Jin raised her arm and blew on it a little.

 

Jaejoong left momentarily and Hee Jin thought that all the commotion is over until he came back with a first aid kit in his hands. When he got back Hee Jin was crouched on the floor again cleaning the mess. “You really!! I told you to forget about that.”

 

Hee Jin looked up at him “but I need to ~~” he cut her off as he pulled her by the arm the second time and dragged her to sit at the counter. He set the first aid kit beside them and started treating her wound.

 

“It’s not that bad. We don’t need to take you to the hospital.” He put some disinfectant to it while blowing to it lightly to ease her pain. Hee Jin stared at him awed by his gentleness but his rough voice pulled her out of her admiration. “Yah! How can you be so careless?  How would you get married? No guy would want you if you a big scar! You should take care of yourself! How will you find yourself a man if you are like this? How could Yunho and I marry you off if you’re so immature?” he ranted.

 

“You sounded just like my okaasan” she was surprised to hear those exact words from him. And since when did you and Yunho become my guardian?

 

Jaejoong swore that this girl is doing this on purposely to shorten his life span. He breathed in deep a few times to control his emotions. Hee Jin realizing that she shouldn’t have said that “I was cooking some Korean dish since I figured that you guys are already sick of eating Japanese dish all the time but I just can’t get it right. I read the recipe again and again but I can’t understand some part of it because it was written in Hangeul. I was looking at the recipe when the pan slipped of my finger.” Hee Jin bowed her head low feeling guilty for the trouble she caused. “I’m sorry”

 

After knowing the reason Jaejoong’s great softened. “Does it hurt?” he blew on her skin gain.

 

“It stings s bit.” Jaejoong looked at her skin as he applied some ointment. It doesn’t look like it only hurts a bit. He examined her face while he applied some more ointment. She would bite her lips a few times but did not complaint and turn her head from side to side.

 

He looked in to her eyes “You know you are also kinda weird. You made it look like this doesn’t hurt at all” he put some ointment on her burnt skin as he blew on it at the same time. “But it looks like it hurts a lot.”

 

Hee Jin shook her head. “Really it doesn’t hurt that much”

 

“That’s why I’m saying that you are weird. If it weren’t any other girls they’ll probably be crying right now from the pain or from getting their skin burnt or fear that it will leave a scar.”

 

She smiled weakly. “I guess I’m not your typical girl”

 

“Hey being different is a good thing. It would be too boring if each and everyone is the same.” Jaejoong stood up and started picking the pieces of food Hee Jin left behind. She was about to walk over but Jaejoong stopped her. “Sit down I’ll take care of this.” Hee Jin didn’t want to oppose him and only nodded and went back to her seat watching him. He cleaned the floor and proceeded to the sink. “Since you’re injured I’ll make dinner tonight.” He started rummaging thought the pans and took out the things he needed.

 

“You can cook?” she was really surprised.

 

“You really should get to know things about us. Yes I can cook. Well all of us can cook actually” he said as a matter of fact.

 

“Except Changmin” Hee Jin remembered the rice cooker incident.

 

“Yeah except Changmin. He thinks I’ll take care of him till we get old or at least till he gets married and his wife takes care of him. The other members know a few simple dishes but me, I am a chef” he boasted his Jang Geum skills.

 

He was actually disappointed. They’ve know each other for quite some time now and even if she knew that they’re idols she treats them like they’re just ordinary people. Don’t get him wrong he likes being treated like a normal guy. But didn’t it make her curious to get to know them better. There’s lots of information about them on the internet and she haven’t looked even once to know the basic things about them specially him.

 

“What are you making? It’s not something spicy is it?” she stretched her neck a little bit to take a peek at his cooking but didn’t see anything.

 

“Nope, I’m making something that you could eat. You should learn to eat spicy foods by the way you’re in Korea after all. I ate natto when we were in Japan. Have you tried Kimchi?” he looked at her over his shoulders and saw her nod. “How is it?”

 

“hmm, it’s not something you’ll appreciate the first time you eat it.” she answered honestly. “But I’m doing my best.”

 

“I know what you mean. That’s what I said when I first ate Sushi” he chuckled.

 

“Yeah something like that”

 

“Have you listened to our songs?” he said as he added some salt to his cooking.

 

“Uhhm no, I was busy these days and I don’t have time to listen to music” and his third disappoint came for the day. First was she was burnt and she thinks the food is more important than her skin. Second is she doesn’t even know that he can cook even though every girl in Korea probably knows about it. And now she hasn’t even heard their songs even if he gave her a new phone so that she’ll get to hear his beautiful voice.

 

After lowering the heat he left for a minute to grab something from his room. He came back with his Ipod touch on hand and put it o the table where Hee Jin is leaning. “I’m giving this to you and I demand you listen to every song listed there.”

 

“You just gave me a phone a few weeks ago I can’t accept this. And beside I can listen to your songs on the phone you gave me. No need for this.” Hee Jin pushed the Ipod away from her.

 

“I have more than three of that I wouldn’t mind giving you one. And you can’t use your phone to listen to our songs all the time it will tire the battery out and you might need your phone for emergency. So I’m giving this to you. You have to listen to our songs alright?” Jaejoong wouldn’t just take no for an answer.

 

She finally surrendered. He didn’t want to argue with him. She doesn’t want to fight with her hero and she didn’t want to anger him further since she made a mess at their kitchen and she hasn’t listened to their songs which look like it’s important to them since Junsu also asked her to do so.

 

Jaejoong smiled in victory knowing she wouldn’t argue back. “Why don’t you listen to one while I cook” he put the earphones on her and picked a song for her to listen to. The moment she heard the melody her eyes closed without her knowing it.

 

Eternal

The wind sweeps away an amber leaf, fluttering the roadside trees

Quietly, I put a coat over your small, and slightly cold shoulders

 

Your gentle voice, your innocent face

They make me feel like I'm in the sun

 

I want to protect you forever, in my arms

As our white sighs overlap

Filling you with these feelings that overflow from me

I felt tender time, as my heart shook

 

You, who are lost in honest words, are like a kitten

Squeezing my hand tightly in return, you suddenly fawn on me

 

I felt as though from this point on, we could create

A tomorrow that is full of hope, together

 

I can flap my wings as far as it takes, transporting your dreams

I'll wipe away your past tears

The light that shines down on us, and seems to be guiding us

Firmly and deeply binds our feelings together

 

Even if it seems like I'm losing sight of you sometimes

When I close my eyes, I see a photo of you

No matter how many times this season comes around

I swear that my love won't change

 

I can flap my wings as far as it takes, transporting your dreams

I'll wipe away your past tears

 

I want to protect you forever, in my arms

As our white sighs overlap

Filling you with these feelings that overflow from me

I felt tender time, as my heart shook

 

I'll quietly sing a fleeting love song to you

 

 

As the song ended she opened her eyes and was greeted by Jaejoong’s beautiful eyes staring right at her. She immediately looked away unable to meet his gaze. “How was it?”

 

“You guys are good.” Her heart is still doing jumping jacks and she still can’t find the right words to say. How close he was leaning doesn’t help her either.

 

Hearing her answer Jaejoong pursed his lips. “Well good is an understatement. But anyways you are our fan now right?” Hee Jin nodded.

 

“That’s great. Now let’s make it official.” Jaejoong smiled like a child and handed her a pen and a paper he was holding earlier which she didn’t notice before. He probably anticipated this happening.

 

“What is this?” Hee Jin took the paper from him and inspecting it for a moment but all she see is lines and circles, she got the talking covered but she’s still working on reading.

 

“That’s our fan club Cassiopeia’s membership form. Just sign your name here, here and here” he pointed to the blanks space on the paper. “And of course you have to check my name as your biased.” He wriggled his eyebrows at her.

 

“Are you serious?” Hee Jin can’t believe that this man in front of her is making her join his fans club after she said that their good.

 

“Of course you just nodded when I asked you if you’re a fan. Now prove it and check my name. And you can’t take back anything you said.” He looked at her as if she told him she was leaving earth. “You don’t have to do it now. Take your time filling out the blanks but just make sure that you’ll check my name and not the others.” He said in a warning tone a he turned his back on her and went back to his cooking.

 

This guy is really a narcissist. A really good looking narcissist.

 



 

honestly guys.. are you finding this story boring.. 

 

plese do leave comments and hope you subscribe.. =)