Chapter 18: Haptic Part 3: Peace Offering and Ferris Wheel Rides

Pierrot: A Fool for You

 

 

The place was almost empty and they get to move around freely. They rode the merry go round and Jaejoong was acting like a five year old jumping and laughing all over the place. He even rode it like a cowboy and waved like his arm would fall off in no one in particular.

 

Jaejoong dragged her to the Ferris wheel. It was the last trip so the operator made the ride slower than the usual. “Hee Jin about what happened before; I didn’t mean to offend you like that.” Jaejoong was kinda nervous actually. “Are you still mad at me?”

 

“I’m not mad at you, just pissed off I guess.” Hee Jin looked over at the night sky; this is definitely one of those uncomfortable and awkward moments that will happen in my life. They were just a few feet above the ground and Hee Jin knew that it would be a long and stressful ride.

 

Jaejoong chuckled “I don’t think there is a difference.”

 

Correcting his again wrong understanding Hee Jin turned her head and came face to face with him “I’m not mad at you just disappointed that you would think of me like that.”

 

“It’s not like that. I was just worried that you would get into trouble or something. Yoochun knows English because he lived in the states before and he said something about you doing anything and giving everything to someone and I kinda jumped to conclusions after that.” He was looking at her sincerely in the eyes that she almost forgot what they were talking about.

 

She got lost in his eyes and didn’t talk back. Jaejoong mistook it that she must have thought that he’s lying.

 

“It’s true! I apologize for speaking to you like that. I’m not really good with words and often got in trouble because of it.” Jaejoong was rubbing the back of his neck. His way of talking and stumbling on words did got him in trouble and be misunderstood more than a few times.

 

His sudden outburst made her senses come back; Hee Jin regained her composure and looked away. “It’s all in the past let’s not talk about it.”

 

He looked at her hopefully “So are we okay now?”

 

“Why did we have a problem?” she said as she smiled at him.

 

Jaejoong smiled. Hee Jin is really different from other girls. She just shrugged it off like nothing really happened and that it’s not a big thing. If it were one of his sisters they’ll probably beat him up and curse him to death for raising his voice like that, violence runs in the family.

 

“Can you stop the formalities? Just call me Oppa I’m older than you. Well I think I’m older than you. How old are you anyways?”

 

Hee Jin rolled her eyes “What’s with guys and oppa? Everyone wants me to call them Oppa.”

 

“It’s fine if you don’t want to call me Oppa but at least drop the formalities.  Just Jaejoong would be fine” He compromised.

 

“Fine then Jaejoong it is.” After the agreement they both got silent but it was a comfortable silence unlike before. It was a long ride after all.

 

Jaejoong want to make a conversation. “Junsu told me that you have only heard two of our songs.”

 

“Well three now actually why?”

 

“Here” he took out a cell phone from his pocket. “Haptic. To touch” he whispered the last part just like he did at the shooting before. “I already put a few of our songs. You have to listen to them.”

 

“Are you giving this to me?” Jaejoong nodded while fiddling the phone as if looking for something.

 

“They gave each of us one and we don’t need it since we have more than two phones already. Yunho’s giving it to his ulzzang sister. Yoochun’s giving it to his brother Yoohwan. Junsu’s giving it to his twin brother Junho and Changmin is giving it to his mother.”

 

“Then why are you giving me yours? Don’t you have any family members to give them to?” not that she doesn’t want it. No one would turn down the latest model, not yet in the market, really expensive, idol given, FREE phone. But she just wants to make sure that this is not a spur of the moment thing that he’ll regret later on.

 

“If you didn’t know and it looks like you don’t I am an adopted child with lots and lots of family members. If I give something to someone I also have to give the same thing to everyone. My eomma said no favorites and we should share the blessings or none at all.” She nodded in understanding quite amused with the morals he was thought.

 

“So here you go” he handed her the phone. Hee Jin took the phone enthusiastically and looked at the phone and saw the he put his picture as the wallpaper. 

 

“You’re a narcissist aren’t you?” she looked at him accusingly. Jaejoong only chuckled. “Can you change the settings for me? I speak Korean but I can’t read Hangeul.” She handed the phone back to him.

 

Jaejoong fixed the phone while Hee Jin looked at the window. They are almost at the top now. “Here” Jaejoong handed her back the phone.

 

“Were pretty high up”

 

“Why? are you scared?” Jaejoong mocked her.

 

“No, actually I like high places. It makes me look to the world in a new perspective and I feel like I’m free” she stared into the city with bright colorful lights.

 

Jaejoong also looked at where she’s staring “yeah it’s pretty and relaxing. I feel like I’m flying when on high places.” He pointed out to one of the houses “Hey isn’t that our house?”

 

Hee Jin turned her head and gave her an ‘are you serious look?’ but Jaejoong didn’t falter, he’s not going down. “Look it’s really our house!”

 

“Lotte world is a few hours’ drive from your house how could you possibly see your place from here and this Ferris wheel is big but not that big.”

 

“But look our house has a grey roof and lighting just like that. And look that’s Mr. Lee’s house and Mr. Hong’s house” that house is their house no matter what Hee Jin say’s.

 

Hee Jin chuckled. She’s amused that Jaejoong can be this childish and stubborn. “If you say it is your house then I guess it is.”

 

Jaejoong smiled. “You really don’t talk much do you?” Hee Jin looked at him confused. “I said that because I was hoping you would argue back and try to prove me wrong. Changmin and Yoochun said that you ranted on them for not eating. I would like to see that for myself.” she furrowed her eyebrows as if to ask why

 

“It made me curious on what would you look like if you were angry. You always have this mask on. You barely smile you barely laugh and you don’t talk that much either. I bet your angry expression would be a sight to see.”

 

“Are you saying you are going to piss me off just to see me mad?”

 

“Should I do that?” Jaejoong look at her as if he was seriously asking her that question.

 

“You’re weird.” She used to have a bad temper but she learned how to control it now. She learned that if she didn’t learn to control it she’ll only get in trouble and she seriously don’t need any more problems in her life. Her life is already messy and she doesn’t want it getting worst.

 

Jaejoong laughed out loud “they say I have a 4d personality but no one has called me weird before that’s the first.”

 

“Well you are weird. Who would laugh when people call them weird?”

 

The rest of the ride went on with the two of them talking, well Jaejoong mostly. The shooting for the CF finished and all of them went home. The SNSD girls have their own company van while Hee Jin rode with DBSK on their own company van. Yunho was in front on his phone probably talking to his sister. Changmin was at the second row fast asleep his long legs stretched out. Yoosu couple was at the back also dreaming and Junsu was even making some funny faces. Jaejoong wanted to take a picture but he was at the first row before Changmin and he’s also a bit tired to play a prank.

 

He looked at Hee Jin who was sitting beside him with her head on the window. She was also sleeping and her head would hit the window every time the car would hit a bump. She would stir and her face would show a bit pain but still continued sleeping nonetheless.

 

She must have been really tired. She did play with everyone all day long. After a few bumps in the road and knowing that their still far away Jaejoong decided it wouldn’t be good for their window if Hee Jin would bumped her head on it a few more times. He looked for a pillow but all were already in use, so he slowly and carefully put her head on his shoulders trying not to make any sudden movements to wake her up as he also close his eyes to take a nap.

 

Jaejoong shook her up a bit to wake her up. “Were here” Hee Jin looked at her surroundings and realized they are in front of her apartment. She immediately sat up straight when she realized she was sleeping on Jaejoong’s shoulders.

 

Jaejoong breathed in deep and started circling his arms and massaging his shoulders. “I thought my arm is going to fall off. Babe your head is heavy” he acted like he was in pain but he couldn’t hide the smile on his face. And it pissed Hee Jin a bit.

 

“Sorry I have a brain so my heads heavy” she stepped out of the van “Jaejoong your lucky your head is pretty light. Anyway Junsu thanks for inviting me to play. Thank you everyone.” She bowed and their driver sped off. It seems their not just the one which wants to go home as much as possible.

 

“Is it just me or did she just insulted hyung?” Yoochun asked in no one in particular.

 

Junsu trying to hold his laughter “She called hyung stupid. Indirectly”

 

“She called him empty head the way I heard it” Yunho’s interpretations made everyone burst in laughter. Even the driver was laughing.

 

“Shut up guys” Jaejoong face was red from embarrassment.

 

Changmin was now sitting up. “It’s your fault you said her head was big and heavy”