Chapter 12: Getting a Scolding

Pierrot: A Fool for You

 

 “There’s no news about him yet. You know the ‘we’ll keep you posted’ and anything. But apparently the culprit turned herself in. The girl is their antifan for years now, just a few years younger than us” Shin Hye explained.

 

Hongki butted in on their conversation “That’s why I say girls who hate them are psychos and those who love them are lunatics.” And that’s all it takes for their usual bickering to start again while Hee Jin’s mind drifted apart.

 

So that’s why I didn’t get to see Yunho shi this morning. He’s usually the first to wake up and none of them woke up either. I thought they’re just tired and overslept again. Did they even go home last night? Or did they stay at the hospital?  Her conversation with herself was interrupted by Hongki’s waving hand.

 

“Hee Jin shi, you're one of them?” Hongki shook his head in disappointment.

 

Hee Jin nodded “they seem nice.”

 

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

 

When she got to their apartment a very tired Changmin and Yoochun greeted her.

 

“Hee Jin shi you’re already here. What time is it?” Yoochun glanced at the digital clock. “It’s 6 P.M” he muttered. He fixed himself from his sleeping position and sat down properly.

 

“I heard what happened. Is Yunho shi alright?” she asked as she removed her shoes and put some slippers on.

 

“Hyung still vomits often and he refuses to eat even though Jaejoong hyung insist for him to eat. He said he’s just going to throw it up again and that vomiting is so not cool. But the truth is he’d rather starve to death than vomit since vomit is acid and it might damage his vocal chords.” Changmin explained to her as he fixed himself on the couch.

 

“The hospital only allows two visitors at once. The four of us will take turns taking care of him since his family is faraway and he called them saying it’s nothing serious so they wouldn’t worry. Our leader is really manly and dependable” Yoochun sighed. He looked tired, they both look tired. Just looking at their side frame that you can tell how energy is drained from their body that even sitting down is an exhausting thing to do.

 

Hee Jin nodded in understanding. “What do you want to eat?” she asked as she made her way to the kitchen knowing that’s the best she could do to help them.

 

“No thanks I’m not hungry” sadness reflected on Changmin’s voice and appetite.

 

“Me neither, don’t cook” Yoochun also declined.

 

Hearing them Hee Jin made her way back to the living and stood in front of them with her hands on her waist. She experienced a lot of hardships in her life and she knows that starving yourself and getting depress over it is not the solution. “You guys should eat. How are you supposed to take care of your hyung if you guys don’t even have the energy to take care of yourself?” she nagged. “Just eat even a bit and take a rest and tomorrow change places with Jaejoong shi and Junsu shi so they could take a rest too.” She put her hands down and crossed them in her chest. The two exchanged looks and were surprise to see a nagging Hee Jin who they think as reserved until now. “So while I’m cooking your dinner take a shower both of you and freshen up because you guys clearly need it. If your fans see you like this they’ll think you’re also poison victims.”

 

Yoochun and Changmin can’t help but smile hearing her rant. It only shows to them that she is concern for their leader’s health as well as theirs. Finding people to trust are very rare specially in the environment they live in and Hee Jin is obviously a keeper. As soon as she turned her back to prepare their dinner the two of them also stood up and went to their rooms upstairs to do what she said.

 

“Hyung I didn’t know Hee Jin shi talks a lot.” Changmin chuckled.

 

“Yeah, she sounded like my eomma” Yoochun also giggled.

 

Finally it was Yoochun and Changmin’s turn to take care of their hyung. They brought with them the porridge Hee Jin made hoping they’ll be able to convince they’re hyung to eat. Thankfully he did eat almost half of it, s were a bit disappointed for eating so little but it is better than not eating at all.

 

As soon as Jaejoong and Junsu reached home Junsu collapsed on his bed immediately falling asleep. When Hee Jin arrived Jaejoong was lying at the couch, his arm in his forehead covering his face. Hee Jin sighed, she can tell that he was also tired and stressed out with everything that’s going on. She knew that he was suffering being the eomma of the group that he is and that the only thing she can do is to take care of the small things so they won’t be bothered by it.

 

She made her way to the kitchen to make dinner trying to make less noise as possible not wanting to wake anyone up. She knew they needed some rest but they also need to eat so she decided to prepare something that’s not strong, easy to eat and would give them energy. She was so concentrated on not making any noise she didn’t notice a pair of eyes looking at her.

 

“What are you doing?”  If it were any other day Kim Jaejoong would laugh seeing her tiptoeing around the kitchen and moving things with utmost care looking like a cartoon burglar sneaking inside the house but right now his body is too tired and his mind is too worried to find anything humorous.

 

“I was trying not to make any noise. Did I wake you up?” she stated feeling a bit embarrass to be seen like that.

 

“No, I wasn’t asleep in the first place.” He was leaning in the counter his hand supporting his head looking over to what she’s cooking.

 

“Dinner is almost done. Take a rest first and I’ll just call you when it’s ready.”

 

“I’m not hungry.”

 

Hee Jin wasn’t really a very patient person to begin with bit with all the things going on in her life she learned that patience is a virtue. “I’m not giving you the lecture I gave to Yoochun and Changmin. You guys are going to eat whether you like it or not because your body needs it.”

 

“You gave Yoochun and Changmin a lecture?” Jaejoong lips carved a smile imagining the scene in his head.

 

“How was he?” her voice stopped his inner mind theater.

 

“Better, but he still doesn’t talk to other people besides us. He scared to face other people and feels suspicious around them. He kept thinking if that person has an ulterior motive or wants to terrorize him again. Thank you for the porridge by the way. Yunho ate it and he didn’t throw it up either. He said it tasted like his mother’s cooking.”

 

“You’re welcome” she started to arranged the plates but stop for a moment finding the courage to ask him what’s been fishing in her mind ever since she heard the news “Jaejoong shi, if it isn’t a bother can I visit him tomorrow? It’s my day off and I would like to cook something for him.” Jaejoong didn’t respond which made her think she stepped over the line of the employer and employee relationship. “It’s fine if I can’t visit him. I know security is tight and...”

 

“You can visit him” he cut her off. She looked at him as if she didn’t hear what he said. “You can visit him tomorrow. I’m sure he’ll be happy to see you and eat your cooking” he smiled reassuringly.

 

 

 

The next day sure enough Hee Jin together with Jaejoong visited Yunho. Yunho was ecstatic to see Hee Jin bringing him food. As soon as the two arrived Hee Jin set the food and Yunho ate whole heartedly for the first time. Jaejoong wanted to feed him but he declined saying he could feed himself. Hee Jin just sat at the side while the two of them have some YunJae moment giggling from time to time to their antics while peeling a fruits.

 

“Hee Jin shi you’re cooking is really like my mom’s cooking! Jjang!” he gave her thumbs up sign.

 

Hee Jin smiled from his compliment. “Yunho shi when did the doctor said they’re going to release you?”

 

“I’ll be released tomorrow.” She handed him another slice of pear.

 

“The doctor said he still needs to be hospitalized for a few days but this guy here insists on resting at home.”

 

“I’ll get well faster if I’m at home and you know that I hate hospitals. I think I’ll get even sicker if a stayed here even for just a few more days.” He looked at Jaejoong hoping he’ll stop worrying too much.

 

“Whatever” he can’t really do anything about it if a sick person doesn’t want himself to be hospitalized.

 

Yunho smiled knowing he won and that knew what he feels. His gaze went back to Hee Jin and saw where she was looking at. “it‘s from the fans”

 

The room barely has space to move in it. It is a big room but teddy bears and flowers with get well soon cards make the room smaller. She even tripped on a teddy bear when she entered the room good thing she regained her balance fast and her face didn’t kiss the floor or sent the neatly arranged flowers rolling tumbling down.

 

“You have lots of loving fans.”

 

Yunho and Jaejoong smiled proudly. Yunho straightened his back and punched his chest “Of course, they’re my beloved fans. They love me as much as I love them.”

 

The room quieted as oldest asked the question everyone’s waiting to be answered. “What are you going to do to that girl who poisoned you?”  Jaejoong’s really mad at that girl for causing his Yunho harm but he grew up with many sisters and can’t help to have a soft spot for the girl. His sisters are also a bit naughty and would throw tantrums and play pranks from time to time. But he can’t say that he understands the girl or what she did was justifiable.

 

“I’m not going to sue her or anything. My sister is the same age as hers and I don’t want to ruin her future by sending her to jail." His expression shows sadness and his eyes were distant. “Her conscience probably got to her that she turned herself in. Knowing who did it is enough for me.”

 

She knew they have a big heart but now she knows that they have a big golden heart. Not all people would let the person who wanted to kill them case free. If it were other people the culprit will probably rot and die in jail.

 

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

 

“Hee Jin ah” Hongki called her. She dried her hands and went to the counter. Hongki pointed at the tables. “Your regular customer is here.”

 

She greeted him with a bow. “May I take your order now sir?”

 

“Hee Jin shi. What would you recommend for today? I want to eat something with rice.” He asked her in anticipation.

 

“Rice” she thought for a bit. “How about a Kimchi Chigae” she suggested.

 

 

 

 

“Then one please”

 

As usual she served him his meal and he gave her a large tip. “Hee Jin. Do you need a part time job?”

 

“Then one please”

 

As usual she served him his meal and he gave her a large tip. “Hee Jin. Do you need a part time job?”

 

“Part time job?”

 

He nodded and handed her his business card. “Actually I’m here to ask you for a favor. We have visitors from Japan and we need a translator. They came in a short notice and I can’t find a translator so I immediately thought of you, your Japanese right?” Hee Jin nodded. “They want to look around Seoul and visit a few places. It’s tomorrow can you do it?”

 

“But sir I don’t think I’m suit~~”

 

“Don’t worry you’ll be fine. I’ll pay you a very generous amount of compensation and besides it’s only for a few days.”

 

Hee Jin thought for a bit, generous amount of compensation? He gives really nice tips and he says it’s nothing. He must really be rich. She looked at the business card he gave her Mr. Carlisle Cullen director of external affairs. He must be someone important. Tomorrow is Sunday and I don’t have work at the café but that’s the day I clean their house. But there isn’t much to clean since they’re barely home these days.

 

“So, Hee Jin what’s your decision?” she nodded in agreement.

 

“Thank you, I’ll work hard" He shook her hands with much enthusiasm that she thought he wants to take her arm off. Here's just something for you guys