1: Ice Princess

Pierrot: A Fool for You


“I’m here, I’m really here.” Finally she’s now in Korea. She worked hard for the last two months doing different jobs here and there just to be able to pay for the ticket and for some pocket money and thankfully it all paid off because right now she is here, standing in the grounds of Seoul. She was so focused on working and leaving Japan that what to do when she get there never crossed her mind.

She looked for the Japanese – Korean dictionary she bought a few months ago when she decided that she wants to leave and go where nobody will recognize her. She hailed a cab and told the driver where to take her. She got a room in modest hotel if that what you can describe it. It was the only room in that hotel that her budget can afford. With the money she had left, a few more days and she wouldn’t be able to afford staying in this hotel too. Yes, she was that insane. She was so desperate on leaving Japan and leaving everything behind that she didn’t thought of the consequences of going to a foreign country knowing nothing and having nothing.

 At first she wanted to go America or somewhere faraway like what those heroines in those dramas do.  But her money can only afford a plane ticket to Korea and that almost ate all of her savings by the way. Well it’s still a few kilometers away from Japan and she’s still considered a runaway right so why not. Beggars can’t be choosers right?

Realizing what she has done to her life a humorless laugh escaped her lips, knowing how pathetic she must be right now. She threw everything away even though she doesn’t have that much to begin with.

“You’re really really stupid you know” she said to herself while looking through a small window seeing the city that she would be calling home now. Well I guess this is the start of my new life. Ganbatte I mean Fighting! She weakly clenched her hands in the air while smiling at her own joke.

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

 

She managed to get a job at a coffee shop called Endless Sweet Cafe. Saying she worked at a Dango shop before got her the job. It doesn’t pay much but it can provide food for her grumbling stomach and pay rent. Yes, apartment if you can call it that. She found that place when she got lost buying noodles from the convenient store. It was just a small room without any windows or table. It only has a sink and a small bathroom which she was thankful for but nothing else. The landlady was an old maiden in her mid 50’s and was kind enough to lend her pillows and blankets.

Whenever she has the time she’ll practice her Korean. She can already understand simple phrases and speak some greetings but she still not confident when it comes to talking. Thankfully her co-workers were very understanding and considerate always helping her whenever she can’t handle or understand some customers and stepping in line when things get a bit out of hand.

“Hee Jin shi” someone shouted, she didn’t look at first. She still wasn’t used of being called Hee Jin. The moment she stepped in Korea her name is Hee Jin. She doesn’t want to use her Japanese name anymore, there are so many strings attached to it. She wants to forget all the things that happened to her in the past, and hearing her name wouldn’t make that easy or even possible. Plus having a Korean name is just much more convenient.

“Hee Jin shi”

“Sorry Boss, What is it?”

“Aish, I don’t have time to scold you. Deliver those cakes, the address and the keys are at the counter. I know you’re still not familiar with Seoul but I’m sure you’ll manage. Just find it alright.”

“But” she tried to get out from it. He’s right she’s still not use to Seoul and she can’t read signs either so there is a really really high possibility she’ll get lost and it wouldn’t be the first time either.

“It’s a big and tall building you won’t miss it. Common I only got you, the other person who is supposed to do this got sick and you’re only the employee here that could drive.”

“I understand boss. I’ll do it” she sighed nobody can say no after hearing that beside she doesn’t have any choice she’s an employee and she needs to follow orders or she’s fired and that’s the last thing she wants happening because she really need this job.

“Thank you Hee Jin shi, fighting!” encourage her boss, she found it funny but nodded as she needed it anyway considering she has poor sense direction.

~*~*~*0~*~*~*~

True she managed to find it though it was not easy. After going back and forth, many wrong turns and almost giving up she finally found it. But who would have miss a tall building like that with a huge sign “SM Entertainment“.

She unloaded the cakes as soon as the guard gave her a temporary I.D. She rode the elevator a few times going up and down delivering to different floors. “Finally the last batch” she smiled glad that her job was over. The elevator was making her dizzy already, riding it isn’t really as fun as a roller coaster ride but if she rides the elevator some more it’s going to have the same effects.

She checked the cupcakes to make sure none of the designs were ruined. One cupcake was damaged; she quickly took her extra icing from the basket and made some remedy.

 

 

 “There perfect, I’m kinda good at this” she praised herself as she finished putting some designs to cover the ruined part. After making sure that the remedy is enough she tidied her things up and went to deliver the cake. Looking down still praising what she call work of art, she didn’t notice a person running behind her.

BAM!

“Ahh” She looked at the cake she was admiring earlier. The work of art as she calls it is now on her shirt and some on her face.

 “Sorry” shouted the man who bumped into her without even looking and continued running.

“What the?” she was too surprised of what happened by the time she got back to her senses the man was already gone.

 

Kim Jae Joong’s P.O.V

“Hyung, where are you? The meeting already started.”

“I’m already running Junsu. I’m already there, just cover for me.”

BAM!

 

“Sorry” he shouted as he bumped into someone. He didn’t even bother to stop and look, he already apologize so it’s all good right?

“What was that hyung?” asked Junsu on the other line.

“Oh I just bumped into somebody. I’m fine just cover for me alright”

“Whatever hyung just come here already” was all he said as the other line went dead.

(-_-)(^^,) (^^,)(^^,)(^^,)

 “Woow, what happened to your shirt?”

“Some guy bumped into me. I was holding a cake” she answered explaining it in simple Korean words she can come up with while wiping her shirt with the cloth her co-worker Shin Hye gave her.

“He didn’t even offer to help clean you up or buy you another shirt?” Shin Hye further asked.

“No, he didn’t even look at me. I don’t think he notice at all.” She said shaking her head like it was nothing.

“You didn’t seem mad at all. If it was me he bumped into I’ll demand a serious apology and a new shirt, even if he has to go shirtless I don’t care.”

“It’s just a shirt. I’ll just have to wash it and it’ll come off, no damage done.”

“You’re weird you know that. You don’t seem to be affected by anything” said Shin Hye who was wiping the table.

“Yeah she’s like ice, so cold” added her other co-worker Hongki who hugged himself while shaking just to add some dramatic effects.

“Ice queen, Hee Jin ah you’ve been working here for a few months already but I’ve only seen you’re half hearted smile when greeting the customers and when this idiot here cracks stupid jokes” said Shin Hye pointing at an annoyed Hongki.

“Yah, are you saying my jokes are lame? And I’m not stupid” retorted Hongki.

“You mean you actually think your jokes are funny?”

“Of course they are, they’re hilarious even some of our customers were laughing” defended an insulted Hongki, nobody disses his jokes and lives.

“They’re laughing at you not with you” shouted back an equally irritated Shin Hye.

“They don’t!”

“They do!”

“They don’t!”

“They do!”

“They don’t!”

“They do!”

Hee Jin looked at the two. They are always fighting like cats and dogs but those two actually are good friends. Shin Hye is a petite girl. She has dark hair and white complexion. Has an innocent face that masks her strong and blunt personality. She speaks her mind and always fights for what she think is right. She reminded her of herself in the past. She used to be like that friendly, full of life always welcoming everyone with an open heart. Well not anymore she already learned her lesson the hard way. She got hurt the way she didn’t even know possible. That’s why she made her heart like ice, building a wall to protect herself from getting hurt again. She couldn’t afford to get hurt like that again, she wouldn’t be able to take it; her heart just wouldn’t be able to take it.

“Yah you’re just jealous because they found me adorable”

Lee Hongki. He is one of the cutest and most comical guys she has ever seen. He’s just so cute and adorable that you’d want to hug and protect him. He has girly features that no one would thought he’s a guy if he wore a dress. His long blonde hair didn’t exactly help either. He’s always smiling and brightening up everyone’s day. He kinda reminded her of her younger brother they’re both optimistic, too optimistic if you ask her.

She’s really thankful to these two people arguing in front of her. They’ve been really supportive and helpful to her. Her Korean has improved a lot and now she is able to speak Korean but only thanks to these two.


Please comment and subscribe everyone it would mean so much to me.

Special thanks to piggy624 for being my very first subscriber for my very first fanfic… hope the numbers increase soon