4: You can only find justice in the dictionary

Pierrot: A Fool for You

It’s been two weeks ever since that night and she’s still scared of men, avoiding any contact with them as much as possible. She even avoids Lee Hongki and refuse to take orders from male customers making excuses so that the others would serve them.

“She’s been avoiding me and doesn’t even look at me. Did I do something to offend her?” Hongki can’t remember doing anything that might upset her and the look in her eyes every time he would touch her or even smile at her is just too much for him.

“You’re right, she’s been quite weird lately” said Shin Hye. They’ve been working together for a few months now and became close friends and it worries her to see her not being herself. She’s colder than usual, before she’ll make side comments when she and Hongki are bickering and would try to stop them but lately she’ll only look at them until they both get tired from arguing themselves. She doesn’t even laugh at that idiots lame jokes anymore and only forces a weak smile.

“Hee Jin, One chocolate cake” shouted her boss while bringing the phone down.

“Neh, one chocolate cake” she confirmed. She now works at the kitchen, convincing the manager that she’s better behind the counter than serving customers and seeing the she’ll make less ‘accidents’ that way  he agreed.

~Flashback~

“I’m so sorry” Hee Jin bowed a few more times at the man as she cleaned the cup she spilled on his shirt.

“We deeply apologize” the manager bowed with her as he was immediately at her side taking control of the situation. The customer was understanding and didn’t make things difficult, leaving after receiving a few coupons for free meals and deep apologies from the manager.

“Hee Jin shi this is just too much. Instead of helping like what you are suppose to do you make trouble. You spilled drinks, broke a few plates, put red pepper paste on cakes and even slapped a customer for asking for a refill If you continue being like this I don’t think I can keep you any longer.”

Hee Jin bowed another words getting fired echoing in her head. “Sir I’m sorry I promise it won’t happen again”. She apologized but still hoping her actions doesn’t come out on her pay check.

~End of Flashback~

She quickly prepared the ingredients and started baking, mixing all the ingredients and making sure that she didn’t forget any. Carefully putting the icing on and the chocolate on top, whoever ordered this cake has a thing for sweets. “Done,” she put the cake into the box and wrapped it with a ribbon.

The manager handed her a piece of paper “Deliver them also, here’s the address. You can knock off after you deliver them. We don’t have many customers today and maybe some rest would do you some good.”

Not wanting to add fuel on fire she picked her things up and left with no objections. She wanted to deliver the cake fast so she could get to her next job at Mirotic where she gets paid hourly. Yes even after what happened she still works there. She wasn’t really planning on going back there after what happened, but her brother called again saying some guys went to their house and trashed everything. So she decided to it up and go back there because she needed the money badly. It was either going back there or having her brother joining the Yakuza and her father having only one kidney or one eye or who knows what they’ll take from him. In short she has no choice.

(-_-)(^^,) (^^,)(^^,)(^^,)

 

“Manager Hyung we’re hungry. Where’s the cake you said you’ll buy earlier?” Changmin whined on the phone making his hyung’s laugh.

 

“Something came up so I wasn’t able to buy it personally but I already ordered and the cake will probably be delivered there in a few minutes”

 

Ring Ding Dong,  Ring Ding Dong (keke, my sis is a shawol and insisted on this.)

 

As soon as Changmin heard the door bell rang he immediately ended the call without even saying good bye. “Duguseo?”

 

“Cake delivery”

 

The word cake immediately made Changmin opened the door and ushered her to come in. Changmin took the box from her hand and went to his place at the table. The others looked at him and rolled their eyes at his behavior, typical Changmin. Seeing Changmin has no intentions on parting with his cake Jaejoong stood up with his wallet on hand.

Her head was down showing so much interest at the floor and didn’t want to look up because she was still uncomfortable around the male species. “That would be $$$ sir” and this obviously annoyed Kim Jaejoong.

“Yah, why are you staring at the floor? When someone’s talking you should properly look at them. Is that the way you treat your customers?”

“Sorry” she apologized and quickly lifted her head up. As soon as their eyes met they both stood in silence. Surprised clearly written on their faces, both clearly remember the other. The girl he saved and the guy who saved her.

It was Junsu who broke their staring competition saying the first thing that came to his mind. “It’s you! You’re that girl who almost got ”

Hearing his words hurt her. She doesn’t want to remember that, but this guy doesn’t seem to get that.

“Sorry for that, he talks before he thinks” Yoochun said as he smacked Junsu in the shoulder.

“Hyung!” but he only got a glare from Yoochun. Finally understanding what he did wrong “Sorry I didn’t mean to offend you. It’s just I was surprised to see you and I said the first thing that came to my mind and I don’t know what to call you since we don’t know your name.” he started blabbering with a blushing face. He was really embarrassed. He didn’t mean any harm and didn’t want to offend her or anything. Junsu, you and your stupid mouth Aish he cursed at himself.

She didn’t know how to react and didn’t want to feel the people who helped her that she was upset with them. So she introduced herself “My name is Hee Jin”

“Korean name?” asked Changmin which she nodded in response.

“I’m sorry I didn’t get to thank you properly last time and stormed off. Thank you for helping and taking care of me” she bowed a 90 degrees in front of them. What a polite girl they all thought.

 

“It’s the proper thing to do so don’t thank us” said Yunho while flashing his million dollar smile at her.  Wow his smile is gorgeous she thought.

 

“Sit down and eat some cake before this guy eats it all” said Yoochun as he motioned for her to down and gave her a slice of cake. “So you work at the Endless Sweet Café. Were a regular, we always buy but we have someone to buy it for us but he’s busy right now so we had it delivered.”

 

She was thankful to him for the changing the subject. “Yeah I work there and sometimes I also deliver”

 

“So you made this?” asked Changmin with his mouth full while pointing at the cake with a fork. She nodded in response

 

“Waah, you’re so cool. I love your cakes their so delicious” complimented Changmin. She muttered a thank you in response and bowed slightly.

“Ahmm, Hee Jin shi may I ask do you know who we are?” she shook her head no. They were surprised a bit by her answer. Their DONG BANG SHINKI for crying out loud. They have three different names as a proof of their popularity. They’re even famous in Japan as TOHOSHINKI and famous all over Asia and even if she doesn’t know them because she’s Japanese their faces and their voice are everywhere here in Korea which is where she is right now. They’re not expecting her to be a fan or something. Their head is not that big but how this girl could not know them is a bit upsetting they all thought.

“I’m the great Jung Yunho” said as he introduced himself and bowed slightly.

 

“I’m the cutest Kim Junsu” said a dolphin like voice.

 

    

 

 “I’m the awesome Park Yoochun” he introduced and he flashed her warm smile.

 

    

“I’m the cool and smart Shim Changmin” the tall guy said after swallowing the cake in his mouth.

“And I’m your hero Kim Jaejoong.” He said as he looked at her and bowed slightly

 

 

 

Maybe I’m really stupid, no I am stupid. How come I only realized now that I’m sitting in a table eating a cake with five drop dead gorgeous Greek gods. Yeah I’m stupid. Her thoughts were interrupted when someone spoke.

“You do remember me right?”

“Of course you’re the one who saved me, hero” they all smiled when she called Jaejoong a hero. She doesn’t know them but she calls Jaejoong by his nickname.

“Yeah I’m the guy who saved you at that dark alley. What is a girl like you doing there anyway?” he asked.

“I work at the Mirotic bar.”

“You have two jobs? You work at the Endless Sweet Café at the day and the club Mirotic at night. You’re a workaholic aren’t you?” stated Changmin. She only smiled at his comment. Wow this girl is a woman of a few words

“So how have you been? Did you report what happened to the police?” Jaejoong asked.

She shook her head no.

 

“What? Why didn’t you report? Those guys should go to jail. They can’t do that to you and get away. No girl deserves to be treated like that” Junsu stated. She was touched. They barely knew each other but they are concerned for her. Or maybe they just feel a sense of responsibility because they are the ones who saw you at that moment and just pity you Hee Jin. Yeah that’s it they just pity you.

 

“I didn’t report it. Nothing would happen anyways. Those guys were rich. They would just deny it or just use money to cover it up and I don’t have money to file for anything” she explained.

 

They all become quiet. Though they don’t want to admit it she was right. No matter how you look at it she’ll be the losing side. It’s just how reality works and it . Victim’s bows their heads and the culprits held their nose high. Justice is only for those who have the money and power. 


@PurpleCrown : improved! [blush] thank you for your compliment. it was because of you that made me take this fanfic seriously and. hope i'll learn more lesson from you..

@HeeHyo : tahnk you very much for subscrbing. Jaejoong is the perfect gentleman isn't he. I hope I can show more of his manly and cute side more. please continue to support and comment. thanks..

@piggy624 : hope you didn't find this chapter that disapponting i promise to do my best from now on and do tell me if your finding it boring [bows] =)