Harry Potter

Cinderella Story

"Hana, what's this?"
Byul pulled me over to the notice board where the a large football team poster was pinned. They were posing cheerily and smiling at the camera. I noticed Woohyun was standing slightly infront of them. Why did he always have to be in the front? It disgruntled me slightly because I found him a little bit good looking. It was like the poster was out to taunt or mock me.

Charity movie to raise funds for new football jerseys, the poster read. Watch the new Harry Potter film and help the St. Peter Penguins raise money for a good cause!
Tickets: $10
Where: Myungdong Cinemas
Date: 13/12/2011
Be there or be square!
Tickets can be purchased at the student council office. Limited number!

Hanbyul gasped. "Omo! Hana! We have to go to this!"
She tugged my sleeve excitedly while I looked bored.
"Byul, you know how much I dislike the football team."
"Yes, but you love Harry Potter! Come on," she pleaded, tugging at my arm a little. "You said you owed me a favour from when I lent you money that time! "Please," she groaned when I shook my head.
"Byul! No! I see enough of their big heads at school. I don't want to see them any more than I need to."
"Aish, Park Hana! Do it for me, please? For your best friend, Shin Hanbyul?"
She gave me puppy eyes. I knew I had no choice but to accept.
"Fine!" I groaned and huffed. "You're buying popcorn, though."
Her eyes lit up.
"Yay! Hana, you're the best!"

On the day of the movie screening, I went over to Hanbyul's house to get ready together.
"I need to dress nicely tonight! Sunggyu will be there!"
I turned at looked at her. "So that's why you want to go! Aigoo, Shin Hanbyul! Someone's in loooove!"
She glared at me while applying her eyeliner.
"I'm not," she snapped. "Sunggyu is just a very.....handsome man."
I gave her a look and we both dissolved in fits of giggles.

Once we got dressed, we caught the bus to the cinemas. We showed them our tickets and walked in to see the whole football team standing by the door handing out snacks and 3D glasses.

"Enjoy your movie!"
"Thanks for coming!"
"You're helping a good cause!"

The members chortled happily as everyone began filing into the cinema. It was quite a bit turnout.

We reached Sunggyu in the line. He was handing out packs of choco pies, and I felt Hanbyul catch her breath next to me.

"Here!" Sunggyu said, giving us each two. "They're on me!" He winked. "Enjoy the movies, girls! Thanks once again."
He paused briefly.
"Hanbyul, you look really nice today."
He blushed and quickly turned away. Hanbyul smiled back shyly before we walked along the line. I looked over to see her reaction. She had a wide smile plastered all over her face, and looked positively flowing, as if Sunggyu had proposed to her or something. I guessed she wouldn't be concentrating much on the movie anymore.

We reached Woohyun in the line. He was serving some girls before us, so we waited a little behind her.
"Hey! Thanks for coming," he smiled widely. "Here are your glasses! Enjoy the movie!"
He winked and waved to them as they walked in.

I smiled unconsciously. Wow, maybe Woohyun wasn't so bad after all. He was being really nice to those girls - maybe he wasn't that stuck up and idiotic like he really seemed. I always thought he was some superficial, fake guy, but tonight he seemed to be different.

'Hi, Woohyun!" I said, feeling happy for some reason.
He looked up and saw Byul and I waiting in the line. Was it just me, or did his smile disappear straightaway, and he looked a little pissed off?
My heart was twisting uncomfortably in my chest. I felt like an idiot. He probably thought I was some retard for even saying hello to him.
"Hi." He paused, with a weird look on his face. It was a mixture of disgust and amusement. "Your glasses." He handed them to us.

I looked at Hanbyul, a little hurt. I was shocked by this sudden change on mood from him. I asked myself how a person's mood could change in a split second  but deep down inside I knew it was because I wasn't pretty, and because I wasn't skinny. But did he really need to make it that visible to me? That was just plain rude. I bit my lip.
It was then I noticed that the girls before us were wearing extrmely short dresses that were very low cut and had, probably, applied their makeup by dipping their face in a pot of foundation. They were Woohyun's ideal type - my mind wandered back to that day in physics class. So that's why he was so nice.

Great, I thought to myself as I fought back tears. I knew it. Everything fit together now. He was only nice to them because of how they looked. I could and would never, ever look at him in the same way ever again.

Luckily it was Harry Potter showing, my favourite book of all time, otherwise I would not have been able to concentrate. Everytime I thought of it, a sinking feeling plunged through my body and my breathing sped up a little. I knew it was me, and not Hanbyul, because she was considered pretty by guys. But not me - it was actually quite ironic.

I got home and logged onto the school website, out of habit, to check if the maths solutions had been posted up. I changed my emoticon next to my name on my school email to a sad face.

Shortly after, a window popped up from choiapple.

Why the sad face? :( It read. Are you okay?


My heart soared in affection.


I'm okay I guess~ something happened just then and I don't know if I'm over thinking it....I probably am but I dont think so >.<"


Want to talk about it? That's why this program is for! :D


Aw no that's ok~ I feel like I'll burden you, haha


NO WAY you will never burden me. We're friends, remember~? Tell me ! What happened :) I'm here for you :)


Well.....I'm just sick of people judging other people by how they look, you know? I bet that underneath the appearance there could be a kind heart but people just brush it off because they'd rather beauty over brains !

I saw he hesitated a little before replying.

Yeah! Of course....that :( but don't worry, one day your prince will come along and appreciate you for everything that you are, your beauty and all! :) don't waste your time with those who can't see your beauty, parkpineapple!

I sat there staring at my screen. Why was he so nice?! I felt so much better after reading his words.

AHHH that is true. I shouldn't sweat it! He's just a superficial jerk who is blind :) thankyou :) <3


Haha aww so you're feeling better now? Glad I could help :) <3


Yes I am ! Thankyou choiapple keke I'm logging off now, I'm pretty tired! Speak to you soon~~

Bye~~^^


I logged off, shut my computer and grabbed my pajamas to change into. I thought of my partner. If only he could drill some sense into that stupid Woohyun! I was really beginning to like this project.