Restaurant

Cinderella Story

"Hurry up, guys! You're so slow! The bus is here!" Hanbyul yelled to us who were trailing behind the girls.
We quickly caught up to them and climbed onto the bus.

"As I was saying, you're lucky not to get suspended, Woohyun," Sunggyu said to me. "The referee was being nice this time."
Hanbyul, who was sitting next to Hana infront of us on the bus, turned around and looked interested all of a sudden.
"Woohyun, why did you get into a fight anyway? I've never seen you punch someone before! Such a man," she laughed at me. I felt a little embarrassed myself.
"Yeah, why, man? What happened?" Sunggyu leaned over with waggling eyebrows. "Namu has never fought before!"

I eyed Hana, perhaps a little too obviously. She had her head leaned against the window of the bus.
"She's got her earphones in, don't worry," Hanbyul told me. "You can tell us! So it's because of her?! Omo, so romantic!"

Sunggyu punched me in the arm. "You dog! You got into a fight because of a girl? Because of Hana?!"
He started making whistling and hooting noises, attracting the attention of most of the passengers on the bus.
"Shut up, hyung, before I start a fight on you," I hissed under my breath.

He stopped making the noises and high fived Hanbyul, who was on the edge of hysterics. Sunggyu looked pretty pleased with himself.

I rolled my eyes.
"He called Hana ugly. And he said that she could do with a trip to the plastic surgeon, and he asked me if she was paying me to go out with her." I half whispered cautiously, aware of Hana sitting less than five centimeters infront of me.

"He said WHAT?" Sunggyu yelled, not believing his ears. "What an idiot! Man, you should've told me. I would've helped you beat him to smithereens! Eugh," he said, cracking his knuckles menacingly.
"I know right?! How dare he, seriously. Next time we play him, I'm pairing him up with Dongwoo. Dongwoo will destroy him. I'll destroy him."

"He deserves it, I swear, if I ever see him again......" She paused, searching for the most evillest thing she could do to him.
"I'll make sure he can never have babies!" She was breathing deeply to try and calm herself down. Her cheeks had flushed slightly pink in anger.

"You can't ever tell her, okay Byul?" I asked her pleadingly, still watching the back of Hana's head carefully. I really hoped she listened to her music loudly.
"She can never know. I've already done enough to kill her self esteem, if she knew that someone else did something like that, I'm scared she might do something silly."

The rest of the bus ride was silence. I saw in the reflection of the window that Hana had fallen asleep. Byul was playing temple run on her phone, and Sunggyu was leaned over her seat, whispering things into her ear and causing her to jump off the tracks in the game. She turned around and swatted his head, but Sunggyu caught her hand and kissed it instead. I bit my lip to try and stop me from making a disgusted face. Since when was Kim Sunggyu a greaseball?! Ew.

"Hana, we're here," Hanbyul whispered into her ear, pulling out an earphone.
She jumped and opened her eyes, looking around disorientatedly.
Hanbyul laughed. "We're at the restaurant already, you sleepy head!"
"Oh." She stood up and followed Hanbyul off the bus. I couldn't help but notice part of her hair was sticking up at the back, so I caught up with her.
"Hana, your hair is a bit messed up at the back." I told her, smiling cutely.
She looked at me plainly. "Really?"
I nodded. "Here."
I reached around her head and smoothed down the strand that was sticking up.
"There!" I smiled at her again. "All pretty again."
She gave me a small smile that made my heart soar.
"Thanks, Woohyun."
I opened my mouth to try and make conversation but we arrived at the entrance of the restaurant already. I purposely dragged behind because I didn't want to make the awkward decision of where to sit - next to Sunggyu, or next to Hana? I wanted to sit next to Hana, but I was scared of what she would do.

I decided to go to the toilet first. When I came out, I saw Hanbyul and Sunggyu sitting on one side of the booth with Hana sitting with her back facing me, and an empty seat next to her. I smiled secretly to myself. I would thank Sunggyu profusely later.

"What should we order?" Sunggyu asked, looking at the menu. We were at a steak and rib house, and I felt like nothing but a big plate of ribs after the match.
"Large baby rib combo with corn and fries," I told the waiter.
"I'll have the same thing," Hana said next to me.
Sunggyu laughed. "Are you sure? It's a really big serve, Hana."
Hanbyul chuckled. "Hana's a pig!"
To the waiter, she said, "I'll have the same thing."
Hana laughed loudly next to me and reaches over to hit Byul. "You too, Byul! Look who's talking!"
I sat there in a daze. Her laugh sounded like an angel's.

Our food arrived quickly and we all dug in. We ate quietly while Sunggyu rambled on about the match and everything that happened.

"Their attack wasn't strong enough. Their defense line was good, but what's the point of having a good defense when there's no good offense?"
Sunggyu chewed with his mouth open and spoke with his mouth full. I saw Hanbyul look at him with loving eyes while he on his ribs - I almost vomited. Hyung was always a messy eater, and I expected her to be disgusted with his eating ways but instead she looked at him like he was an angel. What even!

"I love football," Hanbyul exclaimed. "It's the best sport ever!"
Next to me, Hana snorted.
"Don't try to be funny, Byul," she said, eyeing her. "You never liked it until you knew Sunggyu played."
I saw Hanbyul give Hana a death stare and I chuckled.
"What about you, Hana? Do you like football?" I asked.
As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt my cheeks grow a little hot. What the hell?! I sounded so awkward and formal, I wanted to cringe and crawl into a hole and die. Hopefully she wouldn't notice if I kept a straight face.

Hana seemed a little taken aback at my question. She smiled a little and wiped , missing a spot of sauce on her cheek.
"It's okay. My brother always forced me to watch with him so I kinda get it. Better than Hanbyul, anyway," she added, snorting.
She said some other stuff, like how she used to go watch her brother play football when she was younger, but I wasn't really listening. I couldn't concentrate because I couldn't stop staring at that spot of sauce on her cheek.
My eyes wandered to . Her lips were not too full, not too thin and they were a pale pinkish colour that made me unsure if she was wearing lipgloss or not. Her top lip jutted out a little in a small pout as she spoke which I found extremely adorable.

All of a sudden, I felt someone kick me under the table.
"Ow," I exclaimed, glaring at the direction of the kick which was Sunggyu. "What was that for?!"
"Stop staring," he chuckled jokingly but also seriously. "It's creepy."
"Oh." I said, scratching the back of my head awkwardly. "Sorry. You have a uh, spot on your mouth, Hana."
I reached over with my napkin and wiped it off her cheek. She flushed red and ducked her head so her hair was covering her cheeks.
"Um, thanks," she said, trying not to laugh.
Byul snorted. Sunggyu pretended to vomit at my greasiness and I kicked him in the leg under the table, only to hear Hanbyul cry out in pain.

"What's wrong, Byul?!" Sunggyu asked worriedly, turning to look at her. "Are you okay?"
Her eyes were watery. I guess I did kick a little too hard. Eep. I was dead. Sunggyu hyung would kill me slowly for hurting his lover.
"Someone kicked me under the table," she said, half crying, half laughing.

Sunggyu slowly turned and looked at me. "Woohyun kicked you under the table?"
Sunggyu leaned over the table and flicked my forehead with one of his mega flicks and turned back to Hanbyul. My eyes scrunched up in pain. I couldn't show any weakness infront of Hana! But my eyes were watering a little - he had flicked right on a pimple on my forehead.
"It's okay," he cooed. "I'll kill him later. Are you okay? How's your leg?"
She smiled. "I'm fine! Don't worry. It'll only bruise."
Sunggyu turned and gave me another death stare. I shrugged apologetically.
"Sorry Hanbyul. I was meant to kick hyung."
"It's okay," she chuckled heartily. "I couldn't be angry at you anyway. Someone wouldn't let me."
She looked directly at Hana and I saw her turn bright red.
"Want another bruise, Byul?" Hana asked her menacingly.
We all laughed, and I saw Sunggyu drape his arm around Hanbyul, rubbing his thumb in circles on her shoulder.

I gripped tighter onto my napkin. How bad I wanted to do that with Hana. Put my arm around her shoulders. Joke around casually with her. Right now was the perfect opportunity, as we were sitting close to each other, the closest we had ever sat before, but it would be weird, considering I only gave her the letter a few days ago, and I wasn't sure if she had accepted my apology yet. But she wasn't ignoring me, so that was a good sign, right? I groaned inside.

"Because we won today, I'll pay!" Sunggyu exclaimed loudly after we had finished eating, whipping out his wallet.
I rubbed my eyes. "Am I seeing things?! Hyung, you never pay! Stop trying to look generous infront of Hanbyul!"
He glared at me. "What are you talking about, Woohyun!? I always pay when we eat out," he said through gritted teeth.
"Puhlease," I said, putting my hand up to his face. "Stop talking nonsense."
"Waiter!" He exclaimed loudly, looking right at me with death eyes. "Check, please!"

"Thankyou, Sunggyu oppa!" Hanbyul exclaimed, kissing him on the cheek.
My eyes popped open. If I paid for the meal, would Hana do that to me, too?!
"Guys, let's do this again next week! I'll pay!" I said excitedly.
I couldn't wait.