Shower

Cinderella Story

Hana POV

My heart almost leapt out of my chest when I saw the opponent with his arm around Woohyun's neck. I wanted to go down there and somehow pry him off but I knew it would be no use. I watched anxiously as he struggled underneath the grip and I fought the urge to scream my lungs out because I was really afraid. I felt like crying when I saw Woohyun get up from the ground gingerly and limp a little, supported by Sunggyu and Hoya. My heart twisted painfully in my chest and I felt sweaty. Please be okay, I thought desperately in my mind as he sat down carefully, nursing his arm. I'll even forgive you if you're okay. Don't be hurt, please.

I prayed silently while I waited for the time out to be over. When the referee blew his whistle, I saw Woohyun jump up enthusiastically from the bench like he had not been in a fight ten minutes prior. What? Was he even hurt at all? As he ran onto the field, I saw him turn and look and me and smile. My heart flopped like a dead fish in my chest and I fought the urge to smile and squeal like a fangirl. Unfortunately, Byul saw this and nudged me very hard in the side with her elbow. I decided to ignore her.

So Woohyun was alright then. I watched him carefully on the field as he dodged his opponent, which had been swapped, and caught the ball, weaving in between all the defenders and kicking it into the goal, causing the crowd to erupt in loud cheers. Instead of cheering, I sank back into my seat. I felt stupid. Obviously, Woohyun was not hurt, yet I had overreacted like crazy and started praying that he was okay. I even felt angry with Woohyun for even being like that. Eugh.

Before I knew it, the match was over. Our team had won 65-19, and Woohyun took this and rubbed it right in his opponent’s face, but before another brawl could break out, the coach stepped in and ushered them all in the change rooms.
“Let’s go!” Hanbyul said, jumping up and pulling me toward the showers. Um........what? Go where?
“Byul, where are we going? To the change rooms? Isn’t that a bit weird?” I asked nervously.
She chuckled. “No, of course not. Sunggyu told us to come after.”

“Um, I’ll just wait outside.”

I stood by the door awkwardly as Byul sighed and walked in. Was she mad? It was a guy’s change room and shower room – why was she walking in like it was a casual clothing shop?! I felt shy even seeing my sister’s half picture of Taeyang hanging in her room, let alone seeing a team of twelve half guys in person.

“Where is the coach?” I heard a voice ask, coming out of the change rooms. “There’s no hot water!”
I turned to look who it was and my eyeballs almost popped out of my head. Woohyun was standing in front of me with only a white towel wrapped around his waist and looking very confused.
I cleared my throat uncomfortably. When Woohyun saw me sitting down on the ground outside the change rooms, he gave a little cry and attempted to cover up his half ness. But too late – I had seen everything. His abs were perfectly sculpted, looking like they had been carved out of stone with a hammer. His arms with not too muscly, but just right.
I covered my eyes awkwardly. “Not looking.” I said to him.
“Ayyy,” he chuckled a little forcedly. “No peeking! I’m going back in now. If you see the coach, tell him if I catch a cold by showering in cold water, I’ll expose his collection he keeps in his office to his wife, okay?”
I gaped up at him, not even bothering to cover my eyes.
“Thanks, Hana!” He said cheerfully before walking back in.

I resisted the urge to squeal by biting my knuckles. Why was he like this!?

After they all showered, I waited to the side patiently and awkwardly while Hanbyul and Sunggyu were talking and giggling after the match. I saw Woohyun standing to one side being scolded by his coach, and it really worried me. I knew he had never fought anyone before - he told me one time that he was scared of having a black eye, so why was he fighting now? And on the football field of all places? I hoped Hanbyul would ask Sunggyu because I really wanted to know.

I sat down on the ground and pulled out my iPod, scrolling through to pick a song to try and subdue my boredom. How much longer would Hanbyul be? She had been talking to Sunggyu for over half an hour, and here I was, standing extremely awkwardly to one side while they had their heads close together and giggling.

“What you listening to?” I heard a voice say above me. I looked up and shielded my eyes from the sun with my arm. It was Woohyun, fresh from his scolding from the coach, sitting down next to me on the ground and pulling an earphone from my ear and putting it in his. I shied away a little at this sudden contact, not sure how I should react around this boy after everything had happened. I didn’t feel angry at him anymore, that’s for sure, but if we were friends, close friends, or just classmates, I wasn’t sure.

Woohyun was sitting extremely close to me, I noticed, so I scooted away a little so we weren’t touching. He looked a little hurt, but hey, what could I do? He smelt really nice like expensive cologne, and I was afraid if I smelt him more than I should, I would do something embarrassing.

I cleared my throat. “2NE1.” I replied.

“Ah, really?! We love 2NE1, remember?!” He said excitedly. He started doing a retarded dance that looked like a duck flying with one wing, and I couldn’t help but laugh and nod.
“Hana, I’m really sorry for – “ Woohyun began after our laughter died down, but Sunggyu and Byul interrupted him. Finally, they had finished their little giggling session.

“Hey, so you guys are alright, now?” Sunggyu asked nicely, smiling at us. I felt Woohyun stiffen beside me and I looked away awkwardly. Were we? I didn’t know. Byul elbowed him in the side.
“Ow,” he exclaimed, clutching his ribs. But he got the hint. “Come on guys, we're going out to eat.”
I looked at Hanbyul intensely. We? I shot at her. She shrugged apologetically.