Maths

Cinderella Story

"Here's your maths assignment to complete over the holidays," my teacher said cheerfully, passing out thick wads of paper. "I expect all working out to be shown, and answers only will not be accepted. I will post the solutions on the school website a week into the holidays, so you can all log in and check there."

"But, sir - " Woohyun spoke up, trying to somehow delay this assignment.
He got cut off immediately. "No buts, Mr. Nam. My word is law." The teacher slammed his hand down on the desk.
"First day back at school. Now get to work."

I groaned along with everybody else in my class. This was the fifth assessment we had received to complete over the holidays - an extended essay and research question for literature, a physics investigation, a chemistry theory book to read and now this maths assignment. I was, in simple words, swamped. And I waved goodbye to my freedom over the next two weeks.

"School's out!" Hanbyul yelled, smiling widely.
I couldn't help smile along with her. "Only for the next two weeks! Do you have any homework, Byul?"
She shook her head. "Nah, nothing major. We were supposed to have a history essay to write over the holidays but somehow Sunggyu convinced Mr. Kang that it would be better to give it to us next semester!" She sighed. "He's such a man!"
"Who?!" I asked disgustedly. "Mr. Kang? Aigoo Byul he's like....seventy!"
"No!" She squealed, slapping my head. "Sunggyu!"
"Oh." I paused. "EW! But he plays football."
"So? You say that like it's a bad thing! Even though he's friends with them, doesn't mean he's like his friends!"
I looked at her and edged away in my seat. "Okay Byul you just said the biggest contradictory statement. I'm not even going to try to argue with you."
"Whatever, Miss Grammar! I gotta go now. But text me tonight, okay?"
I nodded and hugged her. We parted ways, her heading to the mall and I heading to the library.

A week into the holidays, I was having extreme difficulty with my maths assignment, so I decided to log on to the school website and check out the solutions. Before I could download them though, a chat window popped up on my screen.

hi parkpineapple! long time no talk! how have you been~~?!!

Oh lord, I had forgotten about the school project we were supposed to be doing.

hi choiapple! sorry i havent been online lots, i have so much homework its killing me T.T im good though! how are you?!~~

omg me too! do teachers know the meaning of the word "holiday"? it means to relax and sleep in and eat...not complete a mountain of homework >.<

I KNOW RIGHT? aigoo maybe the know the opposite meaning because i definitely havent been relaxing...or sleeping :'(

neither! :( i have at least two assignments for each subject, i want to cry because i dont understand any of them

I DON'T EITHER! :( i wish year 12 ended already >.< im over all this

same :( :( lets cry together :( :(

SOBBING SO HARD RIGHT NOW BAHAHA

At that moment, a (1) appeared next to the tab I had open for the school homepage. I clicked refresh.

Hi class, it read. I am very sorry, but I won't have access to a scanner until Monday til the very earliest, so I can't post up the maths solutions. Ask your friends! I am very sorry for this. Please check back on this page in two days. Maybe I'll have them up then. Maybe not. Study hard.
From Mr. Shin.

I could scream out from frustration. What was I going to do now? I had no friends in my classes. I didn't want to ask anyone because I felt like a burden to them and like I was annoying them. Guess I'd just have to wait?

Ahh, choiapple i'm so angry >.< just got some annoying news. i have to log off now and do hw! otherwise ill get distracted tumblr and facebook haha ><

okayy! bye! talk to you later :) have fun doing homework !

haha shhh don't be sarcastic! byee :)

Two days later, I logged on once more to check the solutions. They weren't up yet, just like I had expected, because Mr. Shin was such an unreliable man, so I decided to see if my partner was online so I could start the conversation for once.

CHOIAPPLE! hi :) are you always online? LOL~

nooo im not >.< you seem to always be online!

nowayyyyy~ i only log on when i need to check stuff on the school website LOL

oh me too! thats why we're online at the same times hahaa how are you?

LOL yes! asjhfkasjfhsak im slowly dying....not understanding any of this homework still! how are you?

good! >.< im very excited keke going to 2NE1's concert later on kekekekekeke

omggg im so jealous! i love 2NE1, i couldnt get tickets they sold out in like ten seconds :(

LOL! thats why i stayed up all night and had all my friends buy some too just in case i missed out >w<

ahaha smart idea! make sure you tell me all about it okay :'(

okay! ill take a picture of your favourite member for you! who is? LOL~

CL! omg sho cool >w< who is yours? hahaa wait let me guessss, dara?

nope ;) keep guessing LOL

bom! minzy? CL?

hahaa how am i supposed to answer that?!!!~ my favourite is bom >w< so pretty! <3 <3 <3

hahaha awwww are you in love?!

no wayyy! you cant be in love with someone you dont know LOLL

yes you can!! what are you on about LOL im in love with jay park even though i dont know him keke

aww mrs. jay park annyeong! does he know he has a wife yet? haha ;)

hi!!!!! haha no, i should probably tell him soon /sigh

LOL you are so funny kekekeke

you must have an ultimate bias too! let me guess ok is it yoona from SNSD?

omg no way...i HATE SNSD >.<

omg are you kidding! i think you're the first guy i know who does?

LOL yeah...all my friends think im crazy :( i prefer 2NE1! dont like that cutesy stuff from them~

haha yes me too, 2NE1 is the only girl group i can listen to haha >< who are your favourite guy groups?

LOL THATS HARD D:< you might call me gay if i tell you !

nahh i wont! TELL ME :D

okayy >< i like MBLAQ and big bang

OMG SAME! they're like my top five favourites :O who are your favourite members?!

hahaa they are seungho, and taeyang!! im not gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

omg is this real life,,, they're my favourite members too :O are you sure you're just not agreeing with me or smth

NO WAY! LOL I LOVED THEM FIRST

omg that sounded really gay HAHAHAHAAAA YOUU

>< so mean

im not! just the truth :) :) :)

aww no i have to go to practice now >< really nice talking to you! WE'LL CONTINUE THIS NEXT TIMEE haha byee!!

And we both logged off.