Witch

Cinderella Story

"Sunggyu oppa fighting!"
Hanbyul yelled at the top of her lungs as she and Hana left the change rooms before the football match on Saturday.
"You'll do well, oppa!"
I sniggered and elbowed Sunggyu, who had turned bright red. I knew he would. For Hanbyul, Sunggyu would do anything.

The girls left while I stayed in the change room. Although I couldn't play today, I was here to support the boys at their grand final.

"Okay boys," rallied Sunggyu, who had everyone gathered around him. "Today is the day. We're going to bring home the trophy and have a reward for all put hard work this season. Remember, efforts never betray. Only you know how hard you've worked this season; how much blood, sweat and pain shed to get to where we are today. And for the players who can't play today - " He nodded toward me and another injured player, Minhyun, sitting on the bench. "And for our teammates who can't play today, let's not waste their efforts. Let's not let them sit them in disappointment and pain. Let them sit there with pride, joy and happiness. We will win today!"

Everyone cheered and did the fighting sign. I walked up to Sunggyu hyung and patted him on the back, pulling him into a man hug.
"Good luck, bro! I know you'll own!"
He smiled and sighed sadly.
"I wish you were playing with us. I really can't get used to this captaincy thing, even if it's been four months since the accident."
I shrugged.
"Maybe next season? You're a great captain, hyung, seriously."
"Really?!" Sunggyu smiled widely. "I was worried that I nag the guys too much." He scratched the back of his head awkwardly.
I shrugged again. "Even if you do, the guys should be used to it. You do enough nagging as vice captain!" I , causing Sunggyu to lunge at me playfully.

I quickly ducked under the bench to avoid his fist but accidently banged my injured leg painfully on the metal bar. I yelled out in pain and Sunggyu immediately stopped bull charging me.
"Omo! Are you okay Woohyun? Here, sit up," he helped me onto the bench and started massaging my leg. "Better?"
I nodded, trying to blink back tears in my eyes.

From outside somewhere, someone yelled out Sunggyu’s name.

"Hyung, go," I ushered him. "I'll be fine. You should go give the boys another talk before the game starts."
"No," he answered worriedly. "I'll stay here. It’s fine, there’s just pre-match entertainment now. Do you want me to get the nurse? Should I text Hana and tell her to come here?"
I shook my head feverently. I didn't need Hana to see me in pain, again.
"I'll be fine, seriously hyung, just go!"
He sighed. As he walked out, he gave me a worried look but I put on a fake smile.

I sat there for a few moments, trying to calm myself and taking some deep breaths to get rid of the pain. One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, I counted in my head to try and pass time. But it was no use. My knee was throbbing like mad and I could feel a sharp, pinning pain.

I sat there, massaging my knee lightly, when I heard some footsteps approaching. I thought they were the boys coming in for half time, but as the footsteps got closer I heard they were high heels clattering loudly against the floor of the changerooms.

"Woohyun?" I heard a voice say. "Are you in here?"
I looked up from my pain to see Chaeyeon standing infront of me, pouting like a fish with her hands on her hips.
I sighed.
"Chaeyeon, what do you want?"

She came over and sat next to me, placing her hands in mine.
"Oppa," she pouted again. "Please. Take me back. I miss you so much."
I yanked my hand out of her grasp.
"Chaeyeon, I've already told you once and I'll tell you again. We're over. There's no chance of us being together again."
"It's because of that Hana girl, isn't it?!" She screamed, her voice echoing throughout the change rooms. I was taken aback by this sudden outburst of anger.
"She's freaking ugly! Why, Woohyun? Have you turned blind?"
My hands balled into fists by my side. "Chaeyeon," I whispered, trying to contain my anger by taking deep breaths. "Looks aren't everything. Hana has a kind heart."
"Looks aren't everything?!" She screeched, getting up from her seat and standing infront of me. "Looks aren't everything?! I'm sure that's what you thought when you first asked me out! Why else would two people date, huh?! I'm freaking hot! I have so many guys who want me! And I hae a kind heart too! Feel it!"
She grabbed my hand and placed it right on her chest.
I pulled my hand away, disgusted.
"Chaeyeon, stop it. It's getting stupid, now. Stop being a baby and accept that we're over. Done. Broken up."
"I can't accept this," she snapped. "I can't have everyone know that you broke up with me for someone other than ing G.Na."
"What? G.Na? Who even cares!?"
"I do!" She screamed again. "My reputation will be ruined! Please baby," she came and sat right on my lap. "Let's be together again."
"Do you remember what happened to Park Jiyoung? Hmm?" She my hair lovingly as my blood turned cold. "Do you want that same fate for your beloved, kind hearted Hana?"
I shivered. Chaeyeon was really a witch. She was evil, plotting and conniving.
"Chaeyeon, don't you dare - "
She cut me off again with a whisper in my ear. I shuddered as I thought of how we looked right now. I was on the bench with Chaeyeon perched on top of me, facing me, as she whispered in my ear.
"I dare to do anything for you, oppa," she whispered again. "Anything."

I pushed her off me disgustedly. I was horrified. Park Jiyoung was who every girl was afraid of being. And even though Hana was like no other girl at my school, I knew she would be no exception. Chaeyeon had played, destroyed and ruined Park Jiyoung because she was bored. Because she had nothing else to do.
            
It made me shudder to think of what Chaeyeon could do to Hana because she was the reason I broke up with her.

"Chaeyeon," I began, a little softer and my tone not so critical. "Chaeyeon, don't. Please. Don't do it, I'll - "
She scoffed and my cheekbone. I tensed and tried to pull away but she grabbed a fistful of my hair and forced our heads together so they were less than five centimeters apart.
"You'll do anything, right? Anything for her?" She whispered against my cheek.
I nodded.
"Stay with me. Stay with me, and I'll leave your little angel alone. Stay with me, and I won't touch her, or ever look at her again."
My hands balled into fists by my sides.
"And if I don't?" I asked through gritted teeth.
She cackled. "Then, prepare your goodbyes."

I opened my mouth to protest, but she captured them were her own and kissed me fully on the lips. I tried my hardest not to gag – that would make her very mad. Shin Chaeyeon made me sick.

I heard more footsteps. I hoped it wasn't the guys coming in for half time because this was not a situation I wanted to explain. Chaeyeon, now straddling me, and kissing me while I just had my arms by side unresponsively and just keeping my mouth unmoving.

But it wasn't the guys. It was someone else.

"W-w-woohyun," I heard a voice gasp that broke my heart. It sank deep in my chest and felt like a tonne of bricks had shot down my insides. "I - I um, just came to see if you were o-okay."

I couldn't look her in the eye. I couldn't speak. I could only imagine what was running through her mind at this moment, and I felt like a rotten person who didn't deserve to live.

"Woohyun’s fine. He's with me. And he's very busy at the moment. Can't you see? Are you blind?"
And she bent down and kissed me some more, engulfing me grossly. She even crept a hand up my shirt.
"Right, Woohyun? Tell her that you're busy."
Chaeyeon looked at me directly in the eye, as if warning me of what she said five minutes prior.

My heart constricted my throat.
"I'm busy right now. Can't you see?" I choked out in a thick voice. “Go away.”

There was an uncomfortable silence.
"Okay. I'm really sorry I disturbed you, Woohyun-shii and Chaeyeon-shii. I'll - I'll see you around."
Out of the corner of my eye I saw her bow and walk shakily out of the room before breaking into a run.

I didn't deserve to live.

"Good boy," Chaeyeon said, pinching my cheeks. "Who knew Nam Woohyun was such a good actor?"

I slapped her hand away and pushed her off me. I needed to go after Hana and explain everything, or else I would not be able to sleep tonight.

But Chaeyeon grabbed my wrist and pulled me back down strongly. Who knew that a person who only ate lettuce was so strong?

She only spoke two words, but I didn't need anymore.
"Park Jiyoung."
She smiled sweetly and I felt like vomiting.

Sorry Hana, I apologised in my head.