Late

Cinderella Story

 i've decided to change the point of view to hana's, not third person because that's really hard to write for me >.<" i was going to challenge myself but then i might ruin the story hehe

 

 

user choiapple signed in

I logged into my email account and a message came up immediately in my inbox.


Hi, it read. I hope we can be great friends - helping each other through difficult times and sharing each others happy times! I know anonymity is the key to this exercise but I would like to know a little about you.

I paused, on the verge of laughter. Could this person sound any more formal and ridiculous? It was like they went to the counsellor, asked him for a quote and then pasted it an emailed it to me.

First, I'll tell you a little about myself. My favourite foods are cake and apples, and my hobbies are football, watching movies and cooking. I also enjoy reading nineteenth century literature like Charles Dickens and Jane Austen. I dislike fake people, inconsistency and two-facedness and also I don't like egg tarts, mangoes or boiled lettuce. What about you, parkpineapple?

I chuckled. The tone of this person seemed comical like me, like someone who was very enthusiastic about life yet was still to find their calling. I thought long and hard, trying to place what little information this person gave me to someone in twelfth grade but it was hard - there were over five hundred students in my year alone.

Hi there, choiapple. How are you? I hope you're well because you'll become infinitely better after conversing with me!


I cringed at myself. But I had the keyboard as my weapon and anonymity as my shield; I could say whatever I wanted to to this person and not be judged or ridiculed. I was beginning to like this project.

My favourite foods are fried prawn sushi, bubble tea, pasta, pizza, rice, garlic bread, sausage rolls and curry. My hobbies are music, reading, hanging out with friends and watching TV. It's a coincidence, right? That I enjoy nineteenth century literature as well? I think Dickens is the finest author to have walked this earth. I dislike mangoes too - I'll eat anything mango flavored, just not physical mango fruit - and disappointment. Out of curiosity, choiapple, are you male or female? And what subjects are you doing?

I logged off after replying as the bell was about to go. But the crowd milling outside the library was not thinning as it should have - something was holding it up. I stood on tiptoes to see Nam Woohyun on one knee, proposing to a girl I had heard he had only gone out with for a week.
"Be mine, I'll love you, okay?"
She giggled and nodded. He picked her up and twirled her around, causing everyone to cheer and whistle.

Seriously? I looked around at everyone in disgust. I mean, sure, Woohyun was good looking and that girl was pretty, but was the getting together of them too really that supposing? It was inevitable that two equally good looking people got together. I dunno why everyone thought of it as such a surprise. Not even a hint of jealously raging through me, only anger that I might be late to first period, I pushed through everyone and walked quickly to class. Luckily I got there on time, or my teacher would've served my head on a platter. I didn't want to leave a bad first impression.

Five minutes into class, there was a knock on the door. I looked up to see Woohyun scratching his head sheepishly and smiling crookedly at the teacher.
"Why are you late?" She barked,
a little intimidated.
"Sorry miss!" He bowed and flashed his trademark smile. "Valedictorian duties."
She grunted and pointed to his seat. He hurried to it, subject of many admiring glances from our classmates.

It astonished me sometimes that Woohyun was taking the same classes as I was. English literature, physics, chemistry and double AP maths, they were all the hardest subjects in the curriculum. I spent almost every living hour studying yet Woohyun always seemed to be at either debating, football practice or chess club or something and still maintain good grades. I guess there was more to him then meets the eye.