Ch:37

Glad To See You Again

A/N: It's supposed to be U-Kiss' 4th Anniversary as I'm writing this but it'll be past it when this is uploaded but whatever. Happy Anniversary, my boys. I've known you for 4 years, supported you for 4 years, and will support all 9 of you for all the years to come. Thank you for making my life brighter. I have so much to owe you guys. U-Kiss saved my life from being a disaster. When I was down, they'll be the ones who'll make me smile again. Thank you for creating a new meaning in my life and giving me the mental support to keep on dreaming so that I'll be able to achieve my dreams. I love you guys; the 9 boys that changed my life. 

 


There was a large crowd of girls outside the university campus. They were all waiting for one person and you were pretty sure you knew who they were looking for. Unfortunately, there was no way that you could escape from them. They spotted you before you could even try to do anything anyways. 

"Everyone! It's Meenah unnie!" one of them yelled. 

A mixture of incoherent fangirl screams obliterated the quite university atmosphere. It was deafening beyond worded explanation. 

The crowd charged towards you. You were shocked and didn't know what to do as they left things at your feet. 

A few moments later when the crowd was all gone, you looked down to see that there were gifts. 

For U-Kiss. 

That's right. 

August 28th - U-Kiss' anniversary. 

With a small smile, you pulled out your phone and dialed someone. 

"Hel---ah yes. Yes, that's right. Of course. Ah and um, could you please pick me up from school? I need help with some stuff. Bring a butler or two!" 

You avoided the weird stares that were directed towards you as you waited in front of the university. The stares meant nothing to you so the least you could do was pay no attention to them. 

It was about time that your ride came and it did. 

The assistant driver, Ha Yoon, and two butlers came out of the car. Their eyes widened when they saw the mountain of gifts by your feet. 

You grinned at them. "These gifts all need to go to U-Kiss," you stated. 

The gifts were loaded in the car soon enough. 

Three people work better than one after all. 

"Would you like to go to the young master's practice room, Meenah-ssi?" Ha Yoon asked. 

You rolled your eyes at the honorific but nodded. 

It was a seemingly short ride but once the car arrived, there was a question itching in your brain. 

How many rounds would it take for them to get all the gifts in the practice room? And how will the boys bring it all home? 

Actually, you didn't need to worry about the first one. Somehow the company seemed to already have guessed that this would happen and there were already people waiting outside to bring in the gifts. 

You just stood there and watched as the gifts disappeared inside until the trunk was completely empty. 

"Young Miss, would you like to go home now?" one of the butlers asked, snapping you out of your daze. 

Your eyes widened. Clearing your throat, you nodded. "U-u-um..."

The butler looked slightly confused. 

"...well, you see, um---I---I-I-I---" you kept on stuttering and could no longer continue. 

Furiously shaking your head, you dove into the car and angrily slammed the door shut. The three people went into the car with beyond confused expressions but shrugged it off. 

 

"I'm home!" 

"Oh Meenah dear, I thought you were going to stay with U-Kiss to celebrate!" your mom said. 

You shook your head. "It's their own little thing. I have nothing to do with it," you told her before trudging up to your room. You threw your bag randomly onto the floor and collapsed onto the bed. Your body bounced several times before settling down comfortably. 

Sighing, you pulled your phone out of your pocket and scrolled through the messages. You had just realized how busy Dongho had been lately. There weren't that many messages exchanged between the two of you. "Of course not. He can't anyways! He's an idol, stupid Meenah." you scolded yourself. 

You didn't like how there wasn't much time for the two of you but you were in no position to complain. "Who are you anyways? A girlfriend. A best friend. It shouldn't be like this. Don't get too selfish," you remind yourself once more. "I'll only become greedy." 

For the rest of the day, you did regular stuff and caught up on some quality time by yourself. 

You thought of it as some time away from the busy world that you were involved with. 

It had been a while since you last went to the park and since you had so much time, you decided to go there. You smiled as you reached it. The pond brought back so many memories from a long long time ago. Of course it wasn't the exact pond but well, yeah. 

So it was like this: you sat by the shore with a foolish smile on your face while grazing the screen of your phone with your thumb. The background was a childhood photo of you and Dongho. 

You were so proud of him. 

"He's such an amazing person," you said to yourself. 

You didn't realize that there were a few ahjummas walking by. They all stopped in front of you. 

One of them smiled directly at you. "Your boyfriend?" she guessed, beckoning towards your phone screen. 

With a flustered expression, you nodded. "Y-yeh, that's right." 

Each one of them had knowing smiles on their faces. 

"Youths," they chuckled before walking away and leaving you in a trance. 

You sighed, smacking your head. You checked the time and realized that the sun would be setting soon. Are they going to celebrate soon? you thought.

 

Biting your lip, you nervously popped your head into the practice room. 

Everyone turned their head to look at the newcomer. 

"H-hello," you greeted. "Um, I unknowingly came here." 

Dongho stood up and walked over to you. "What're you doing here?" 

Smiling shyly, you fully entered the room. You handed Dongho a white gift bag. "It's for the members. A congratulatory gift," you said. As your eyes flickered around the room, it made you feel somehow out of place. "I guess I'll be going now. I'll call you later." you said in a small whisper before turning around and heading towards the door. 

You felt a familiar grip on your wrist. 

"Stay. After all, you went through so much trouble because of us." 

Then somehow you ended up celebrating with everyone. You didn't really say anything and just kept silent. It was enough watching everyone have fun themselves. That was enough for you. 

Sadly, someone noticed your lack of participation. 

Kevin scooted over towards you, nudging your side with his elbow. 

You looked at him. 

"Are you bored?" he asked in English. 

"Of course not!" you denied. 

He nodded. "Do you drink?" 

You shook your head. 

Awkwardly laughing, he scooted back to his position next to *Eli.

While everyone was still immersed in their own conversations with each other, Dongho finally decided to look up. You had somehow ended up in a corner. 

He went over to you. "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine," you told him with a smile. 

He placed a hand on your shoulder and patted you. 

The two of you leaned against the wall and just stayed like that while talking about small stuff. You reminisced random memories from the past when the cake were distrubuted and somehow, just somehow, Dongho got you to converse with others outside of your recognizable people range. He watched you talk with someone from afar while he had this proud grin on his face. 

s walked over to where he was. 

Soohyun swung an arm over his shoulder. 

"Dongho, stop staring at Meenah for so long. It's creepy." Kiseop joked. 

Dongho glared at him. "Shut up! You're just jealous!" he pouted. 

Kiseop shrugged. "Maybe just slightly," Kiseop chuckled. 

The maknae grinned and skipped over to you; like literally skipped. 

Pulling you into a tight hug, he touched his nose against yours. Everyone in the room had to watch this cheesy and sickening scene but it's not like Dongho cared. He was just happy. 

Dongho closed his eyes briefly before letting go. Spreading his arms out, he spun in a circle. "U-Kiss mansae! Dongho x Meenah mansae! U-Kiss forever! Dongho x Meenah forever!" Dongho yelled at the top of his lungs. 

The people in the room all laughed aloud sans you. 

When Dongho didn't hear your familiar laughter, he spun to look at you. He tilted his head in confusion. "Eh---you're not laughing." he stated with a frown. 

You smiled. "We still don't have matching Doraemon phone charms. How are we supposed to go on forever without them?" 

 


*I'm sorry. I ship Elvin.
I went to orientation today. School starts soon therefore, this is ending soon. I think the next chapter will be the epilogue but I have a few bonus chapters for you guys. I told you guys in the beginning not to have high hopes, neh. Sorry. This plot isn't really my thing haha I mean I thought up of the plot a few years ago and didn't really plan anything so it turned out like this. Mianhe, chingus(I guess). 

Have a nice day.