Ch:03

Glad To See You Again

 

Your eyes fluttered open, a hand instinctively blocking your eyes from the ray of light shining through the window. You groaned as tiredness soon flooded your body with the unfamiliar time zone. A light knock was heard and you only groaned in response. 
 
“Young Mistress, it’s time for you to wake up.” One of the maids softly said as 5 of them came into your large bedroom. You flipped onto your stomach in annoyance and buried your face deep into one of the pillows. 
 
The maids gasped, “Young Mistress! You mustn’t do that! You could suffocate!” They were gently, but frantically, trying to pull you upwards. You growled and suddenly sat up straight on the bed. You sent them glares which they immediately responded with bows. The maids pretended to busy themselves in other things. 
 
Starting off on the wrong foot of the bed, you trudged into the bathroom and leaned against the sink with your hands gripping the edges. You stared into the mirror and saw a horrifying image of a young woman who seemed to be PMS-ing. 
 
You started to fumble around the large and unfamiliar bathroom and finally started begin your daily morning routines. 
 
In less than an hour, you were out of the bathroom all fresh as steam also followed you out. The maids bowed and scurried into the bathroom to wipe it spot clean. Your eyes flickered towards the perfectly laid out outfit on the perfectly made bed. 
 
This is way different from when you were in the US for college. You lived alone in a big and lonely flat, you rememberedwith sad eyes. Although your college life had been an amazing experience, you dreaded going home at night only to be met with a cold and empty house.
 
You longed for the warmth and safe feeling that always emitted from Dongho’s body every time the both of you would comfortably cuddle in bed when he wasn’t busy. 
 
You absentmindedly wrapped your arms around yourself and quickly slipped on the outfit of black skinny jeans and a plain white dress shirt. You rummaged around your walk-in closet until you found a black cardigan and paired it with the outfit.
 
The maids had all scurried downstairs and were helping out with the others in setting the table or assisting the cooks. 
 
As soon as you walked down the spiraling staircase, workers immediately bowed to you before returning back to their work. The head maid smiled and bowed respectfully. 
 
“The Master and Mistress has quickly flown to the Philippines for a contract deal and has sent you words of good luck for your first day at medical school. They suggest Young Master Minwoo take you to school but decided against that and has sent Young Master Minhyuk to pick you up instead.” The head maid slowly explained.
 
Upon hearing one of your most favorite cousins’ name, you dashed passed the head maid without another word and barged into the parlor where your cousin was sitting on the white sofa---legs crossed and a magazine in his hands. 
 
“Oppa,” you called with a smile. Minhyuk looked up and flipped his dyed fringe out of his eyes. He sat up straight and patted the spot next to him on the sofa. Giddily jumping over, you plopped down on the couch and flung your arms around Minhyuk’s neck. 
 
“Yah, Ahjumma just said that you’re bring me to school. You really don’t have to though---”
 
“Too bad I am. Go eat first!” 
 
“No! I’m not hungry. Let’s go!” You tugged at his sleeve and hopped into the grand hall and out the large double doors. 
 
You were randomly twirling around in the courtyard when Minhyuk finally stepped out of the house. Chuckling, Minhyuk wrapped an arm around your waist and picked you up, walking towards his car. You suspiciously eyed the car with a raised eyebrow and looked at Minhyuk. 
 
"Who's money was used to buy this car?" 
 
"Of course with my money!" Minhyuk replied.
 
You shook your head as Minhyuk stuffed you into the car.
 
~~~
Your POV
After meeting the dean and the professor that would take responsibility over me, I took a quick tour of the campus and sat down in the cafeteria with a coffee in my hand as I sat awkwardly in a corner by a window. Surveying the place, almost everyone was peacefully enjoying their break while others spent it studying. 
 
I brushed my fringe to the side and took a sip from my coffe. So bitter, I thought.
 
I decided to go somewhere else and as I got up, my body collided into someone else. Gasping, I held the coffee away from me with my instinctive reflexes and sighed in relief as it didn't spill anywhere. I slowly looked up and saw a girl scowling at me. It seemed as though she was holding back her urge to punch me or something. 
 
Frantically bowing, I kept on repeating, "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry! I didn't see where I was going! I'm so sorry!" 
 
The girl held up a hand to signal for me to stop and walked away without another word. My jaw dropped in disbelief. I turned my head to the side and saw a random person looking at me. 
 
"Don't worry. That's our smartest medical student. You don't have to worry about her. She's quite bipolar but really nice once you get to know her---and I suspect that you're a new student. Welcome to SNUCM!" She stuck out a hand and I slowly took it with an unsure smile. "I'm Yoon Bomi! Nice to meet you," she nicely greeted.
 
I smiled, "Jung Mi Ran." 
 
"Well, I guess I'll be seeing you around! I sense you have to be somewhere right now so---goodbye!" With that, Bomi waved and went skipping off to some unknown place.
 
I smiled at my accomplishment of making a new friend. My mind kept on coming back to the girl whom I just bumped into. Top student? I guess I have competition, I thought as I waved for a taxi out in front of the campus.
 
Next Day
"Meenah! Meenah! Meenah! Wake up!" Minwoo yelled, jumping on top of you. You grunted and flipped around, throwing your brother off of your back. 
 
"Aish! What is it?!" You screamed in outrage and sat up with your signature scowl. Minwoo winced but quickly straightened his expression which developed into a large grin.
 
"I'm taking you to meet my girlfriend!" Your brother proudly exclaimed. You sat there, expressionless. That made Minwoo slightly scared of what your reaction would be about it. "M-Mi Ran-ah, is something wrong?" 
 
You glanced at the flower clock on the wall and let out a low growl. "YOU. WOKE. ME. UP. AT. 7 AM. ON. A. SATURDAY!" You grabbed a pillow and mercilessly smacked your brother with it harshly.
 
"AISHHH! NOT THE HAIR! NOT THE HAIR!" 
 
"You and Minhyuk---exactly alike."
******************************************
Ehehehehehehehehehehe :) You guys were just BEGGING me for an update so I decided to do so :P Not so much in a good mood right now...but I promise not to ruin the cheerfulness of this story =D Yayyyy <3 Heheheeh :)
Thank you for all of your support so far, guys! (/^O^)/ 
My inspirations, I love you!!