Ch:22

Glad To See You Again

You ducked inside an empty lecture hall, clutching onto your chest while taking sharp breaths. "I swear I'm going to die young because of these anti-fans!" you muttered and peeked out into the hallways. 

The coast seemed clear but you didn't want to risk it. Why you were on the run all started when you were casually talking to some colleagues in the university's cafe. Everything was pretty normal until the cafe was rampaged by teenage girls who had successfully snuck inside the medical school. They were after one person and one person only. 

When their eyes landed on their prey, they narrowed their eyes and charged towards it. You had let out a high-pitched squeak and immediately ran away like there was no tomorrow. 

That was the start of the cat and mouse chase in SNUCM. 

After waiting a couple more minutes and you were sure that there were no sounds coming from the hallway, you poked your head out and looked left to right. There wasn't a living thing in sight. 

Taking a deep breath, you slowly and cautiously made your way through the hallways on high alert. Well apparently you weren't that good at being alert because you bumped into someone and that made you hold your breath. 

On instinct, you covered your face and cleared your throat. "Sorry," you apologized in a deep and manly voice. 

When you didn't hear them reply, you were afraid that it was one of the anti-fans that was after you. The anti-fanclub president was beyond crazy, in your opinion. You had narrowly dodged the muffin that she had chucked at you in the cafe and when she almost got a hold of your hair. 

You gulped and slowly looked up. Your eyes widened in surprise as you let out a sigh of relief. "Oh my gosh I thought you were someone else," you said, now breathing calmly. 

"Really? Not even a greeting after I come here and visit you because I haven't seen you in weeks?" he scoffed. 

You rolled your eyes and smiled. "Sorry," you said as you pulled him inside a lab. "I just got chased by a bunch of teenage girls so I wasn't expecting you."

Jay laughed. "So is that what the big ruckus was about? I saw a bunch of professors chasing some girls around and I had to be thoroughly questioned since I wasn't wearing a lab coat." 

You smiled apologetically. "Sorry," you apologized again. 

He shrugged and ruffled up your hair. "Well, I'm guessing you're free right now?" 

You looked down at your watch and nodded. "My next class isn't until 7:30," you replied.

It was currently 2:08. 

Suddenly, you narrowed your eyes. "Wait---shouldn't those little girls be in school?"

Jay shook his head, suppressing his laughter. "It's Saturday, Meenah dear." 

Your eyes widened and you sheepishly laughed. 

Jay chuckled in amusement and stood up. "Since you have so much time left and you've been so busy lately, let's go out and have fun!" 

"Well," you contemplated on his suggestion. "Having fun for one day won't hurt!" 

Jay took off his sweatshirt and you stared at him curiously. He threw it to you and walked out of the door. You looked down at the red sweater and couldn't hold back your smile. 

Slipping into it, you rushed out and came up beside Jay. He pulled the hood over your head with a gentle smile and helped you get outside unnoticed by anyone. 

No one really paid attention to the both of you. 

When the two of you made it successfully into Jay's car, you let out a laugh that you had been holding into for quite some time. Jay smiled. "Where do you want to go?" he asked you. 

"Anywhere is fine," you shrugged. 

Jay nodded and drove off. "Hongdae it is!" he announced with a large grin. The two of you burst into laughter and started to talk about the randomest of things during the car ride. 

It was pretty obvious how much the two were enjoying each other's company. 

When the car reached Hongdae, Jay parked (A/N: HAHAHA JAY >PARKED< HAHAH GET IT? JAY PARK? HAHA BUT THIS IS JAY FROM DGNA SO WHATEVS HAHA SORRY I DON'T PUT A/Ns IN THE MIDDLE OF CHAPTERS BUT I JUST HAD TO HAHA OMFG *DIES*) his car and the two started wandering the streets on foot. 

A booth selling a wide variety of hair clips caught your attention and you just had to drag Jay to it. You curled a strand of hair behind your ear; your eyes darted across the booth. 

A sparkly red one made you giggle as you picked it up. When Jay wasn't paying attention to you, you secretly clipped it onto his hair and quickly snapped a picture with your phone. 

Jay heard the sound of your phone as his eyes widened, a hand shooting up into his hair. You couldn't hold in your laughter any longer and you fell to the ground, clutching onto your stomach at his reaction. 

"Yah! Delete the picture!" he hissed, glancing at the people who were staring at them weirdly. 

You slowly stood up, the laughter slowly dying down. You took a deep breath and threw your phone back inside your bag. "No," you firmly stated. 

Jay smacked his forehead when you paid for the hair clip. The vendor smiled, bowing as he took the paper bills from you. You snatched up the hair clip and dragged Jay away before he could protest.  

Snickering, you sat down on a rest bench by a bus stop. Jay stopped and sat down next to you. He hesitated for a moment before clipping the red hair clip in his his hair. 

You turned to look at him and held back another fit of laughter. "Y-you look h-h-handsome," you struggled to say with a straight face. Jay rolled his eyes, looking down the street. 

He spotted an arcade and grabbed onto your wrist. "Come on!" he exclaimed and pulled you towards the arcade. You were literally pushed inside and the noise level inside was too sudden for you. Flinching, you held onto the edge of Jay's shirt. He smiled, his eyes darting around the large arcade. 

When he spotted the DDR station, he ran towards it with you following him helplessly. 

"Yah! That's not fair! I'm going to lose!" you complained.

"Who cares? Please! Play with me!" he pleaded with an adorable pout that you couldn't resist. 

Rolling your eyes, you reluctantly stepped onto the dance pad. Jay's eyes lightened up and he jumped onto it excitedly. 

Jay chose a song randomly and it started quickly which caught you off guard. Your eyes widened as you struggled to keep up but you soon adjusted to the rhythm. 

The two of you laughed through the whole game and collapsed against the railings when the song ended. You straightened up and stared at the large screen with anticipation. 

The end results were quite obvious. 

You started spurting out excuses while Jay playfully rolled his eyes. 

He had creamed you.

"It was obvious I was going to win anyways," he shrugged conceitedly. 

You scoffed. "Well I had a chance!" 

"Really? I won by 4,000 points," Jay stated. 

You hissed as Jay blocked the weak punches from you. 

"You owe me food!""

"And why is that?" Jay asked with an arched eyebrow. 

You thought about possible reasons but none of them made sense. "Well---because my aegyo is better than yours!" you proudly stated. 

Jay chuckled as the both of you came out of the arcade. He looked around and spotted a vendor selling fish balls on a stick. Jay headed towards it while you kept on going on about why he should buy you food. You were too busy stating the reasons to notice that Jay was already buying you stuff. 

When a stick with round fish balls stacked on top of each other appeared in front of your face, you scrunched up your nose in instinct and blinked. You looked at the person holding the stick in front of you. 

"What? You don't like fish balls?" Jay asked, eating his own stick of fish balls. 

You shook your head and took it from him. "I was actually craving for this," you said with a straight face and bit off a piece of the first ball. 

Jay smiled. 

You two spent the rest of the free time that you had wandering around when all of a sudden, a lady with flowers appeared out of nowhere. 

"Oh what a cute couple! Here, young man! Give this flower to your lovely girlfriend," she ushered, handing a red rose to Jay. He blinked at it and finally took it when the lady literally shoved it into his face and walked away as if nothing had happened.

Jay looked at you. "Well, you heard the lady." he said and took ahold of your hand. He opened up your fingers and gently placed the stem of the rose into the palm of your hand. 

You cracked a smile, closing up your palm. "Thanks...?" you giggled. 

Jay patted the top of your head and looked at his watch. "Well, looks like it's time for you to go back." 

Much to your dismay, it was already 7:10. 

You sighed as you followed behind Jay who was heading towards the place where he had parked the car. You got in and stared out the window as Jay headed towards the university. 

"Thanks for spending the day with me," Jay said, breaking the silence. 

You looked at him with a smile. "That's my line!" 

He shrugged and pulled into the parking lot of SNUCM. 

Pouting, you reluctantly got out and waved at Jay when he rolled down the window. 

"I had fun today!" you exclaimed with a bright smile. 

Jay nodded and waved at you. He watched you skip towards the entrance and smiled. 

What an interesting girl, he thought with a smile as he drove away, the sun setting behind him. 

 

********************************************************************************************

DOUBLE UPDATE O_______________O WOAH LOLOLOLOLOLOL anyways, you know how I said that I was losing inspiration? Well, I take that back for now hahaha I picked up some inspiration while casually scrolling through Tumblr.