Ch:20

Glad To See You Again

"Sorry," you apologized with a guilty smile. 

Dongho smiled as the mass ended and everyone was dismissed. "At least we can spend some time together without getting disturbed, right?" he said, trying to cheer you up. 

You smiled dryly and led him to the back of the church. In the back stood endless amounts of cabins and small shelters with a large playground and garden to the side. Kids of all ages started spilling out from the cabins and ran towards the playground. Some calmly walked to the garden and peacefully sat down, minding their own business.

They all looked content and happy which made you feel so horrible. "Man, they make me feel like a spoiled brat," you muttered. 

Dongho heard and silently chuckled. "Maybe because you are?" he teased. 

You stuck out your tongue and dragged him towards where the other volunteers were. The nuns were handing out badges which every volunteer had to wear. You stuck yours on your shirt without a problem but Dongho was having difficulties with his. You giggled, helping him to clip it on. He puffed out his cheeks and stubbornly refused to say thank you. 

The nuns explained what everyone had to do for the day and soon dismissed them all. Everyone scattered around and went to either play with the kids or help the disabled ones that were in the garden. 

You immediately noticed a lonely girl sitting under a tree. You slowly walked towards her with an out-of-place Dongho trailing right behind you. You bent down as the girl looked up. "Go away," she firmly ordered. Smiling, you curled a strand of hair behind her ear and brushed her hair with your fingers. She stared at you, dumbfounded, and smacked your hand away. "Go away! I don't need your sympathy!" 

Dongho flinched at her fierceness and clung onto your arm. The little girl glared at him with menacing eyes and stared back down at the ground. "Do you want to tell unnie what happened?" you asked. 

She ignored you. Frowning, you carefully sat down next to her on the ground. Dongho kept a good amount of distance between him and the little girl but he also sat beside her. 

The girl got annoyed and threw you a glare. "Would you just go away? Go to another kid that will enjoy your company!" she yelled.

You softly smiled and patted her head. You looked at Dongho and he knew those eyes. He got up and left the two of you alone. The little girl scooted further away from you and looked in a different direction.

"What's your name, sweetie?" you asked politely. 

Although reluctant, she answered, "Hyemi."

You grinned brightly and stuck out a hand. "I'm Meenah!" 

"M-Meenah u-u-unnie," Hyemi whispered. 

Your eyes widened as your smile grew even wider. Hyemi buried her head in her knees and let out a groan. You softly smiled and took ahold of her small, bony hand. You placed something in her palm and closed it back up. Patting her head, you got up and went over to solve the argument that Dongho had gotten himself into. 

Hyemi opened up her palm and saw a four-leaf clover in it.

You hit Dongho's head and sighed. "How could you have already gotten into a fight?" 

"He took the robot away from me!" Dongho whined and stubbornly crossed his arms.

You rolled your eyes and snatched the robot away from Dongho, giving it to the little boy. "Tell noona if this hyung bothers you anymore, okay?" 

The little boy nodded and contently waddled away. Dongho let out a loud sob and pouted. "That's not fair!" he yelled. You rolled your eyes and looked down at your feet. 

Hyemi had wrapped her arms around your leg and was glaring at Dongho. Dongho cleared his throat and leaned in towards your ear. "Why do all of the little girls that like you, hate me?" 

You shrugged with a playful smirk. Dongho pouted and trudged away. You caught his arm and pulled him back towards you. Pinching his cheeks, you gave him a peck on the cheek. "I don't hate you though," you stated. 

Dongho grinned and intertwined his fingers through yours. Hyemi tugged at the hem of your shirt. You raised an eyebrow and looked at her. 

"Is he your boyfriend?"

Dongho straightened up and put on a straight face. "As a matter of fact---"

"You could say that," you smiled. 

Hyemi nodded and waddled away back to her tree. Dongho smirked. His eyes wandered towards his watch and he gasped. "Oh dear. Meenah, I'm sorry baby! I have to go! Schedules!" he yelped and gave you a quick kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you tomorrow! Hopefully!" 

With that, your boyfriend rushed towards the back door of the church and as usual, he knocked over a bunch of stuff in his path. You chuckled and Hyemi was soon back by your side. 

"He's weird," she commented.

You nodded with a smile. "Come on, sweetie. They're giving out snacks," you said. 

Hyemi pouted. "I don't like being around the other kids!" she complained. You picked her up in your arms and refused to let her down no matter how much she was struggling. You carried her towards the nuns and all of the kids were giggling. Hyemi buried her head in your neck and whined. 

A nun handed you a juice box with a gentle smile. She was surprised as to how you were able to make Hyemi loosen up a bit. The nun watched you release Hyemi to hand over the juice box. Hyemi frowned but took the juice and plopped down on the ground, stabbing the straw into the indicated spot. 

"Unnie, is your boyfriend an idol?" Hyemi asked while sipping on her juice. 

Smiling, you the back of her head. "What if he is?" you asked. 

Hyemi shrugged and played around with the straw. "I guess that'd be cool but not for you. It must be hard to meet up with him and all. The fans are another story. I might be little and know a little about the outside world, I know that fans can get very aggressive."

You let out a chuckle and Hyemi looked at you weirdly but shrugged it off. Hyemi set her juice down beside her on the ground and brought her knees up against her chest, hugging them. "Are you going to visit me again?" she asked. 

You grinned. "Well of course! Well...when I have time." 

Hyemi smiled, swaying back and forth. "I like talking to unnie. Maybe you could bring your boyfriend again," she said and dodged all eye contact. You laughed and hugged her. 

"I like talking to you also," you grinned. 

"Actually---you should bring someone else besides that boyfriend of yours. He's really weird." she said a matter-of-factly. You couldn't help but laugh nonstop at her comment. Hyemi puffed out her cheeks and raised her chin up. "It's true!"

 

**********************************************************************************

Cannot believe it. Tomorrow is the last day of school. Oh my gosh.