Ch:29

Glad To See You Again

"As you can see here, the blue components indicate the de-oxygenated blood pathways while the red---"

Dr.Baek's words trailed off as you were unable to concentrate on the lesson. You blew a raspberry, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. 

"Do you have a problem with my lesson, Miss Jung?" Dr.Baek asked. 

You lifted up your head in surprise. "N-no ma'am," you replied with a baffled expression. 

Dr.Baek raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you don't want to leave?" she kept on pressing. 

Pressing your lips together, you firmly shook your head. 

You could near the snickers of Bomi and the others. 

Such a great friend she was, you thought and unconsciously rolled your eyes. You looked down at your notes. The page was basically blank except for some scribbles, notes that didn't make sense, and doodles. You let out a sigh before standing up. 

"Actually, I'll take up that offer of leaving," you stated as you gathered up your supplies and headed towards the door. 

You could feel everyone's eyes on you but decided to ignore them until the second the double doors closed behind you. 

Once you had gone far enough away from any of the classrooms, you pulled out your phone.

The reason why you were so bothered during class was simple; a text message. 

Not just any text message but a text that you were scared of receiving. 

Today was the last day of the camp. On the second night of the training camp, you had received a text in the middle of the night. You had been half-expecting it to be either Dongho or Jay but to your surprise---it wasn't. 

It was a death threat in the form of a simple text message.

No matter how hard you tried tracking down the person, it just wouldn't work. Then again, fangirls have technology that are good enough to be used by the CIA. 

The text was sent through an internet phone and the IP address that you managed to figure out didn't match up with the unknown number. A fake number. 

As soon as you read the newest text, you removed the battery as quickly as you could before stuffing it all in your bag. You were scared; scared beyond your wits. Knowing that another text would soon come, it drove you crazy. 

It took so much power for you to hold back the tears that were threatening to come out. You were on the verge of breaking down. 

Weakly, you stood on the sidewalk outside of the school and hailed for a cab. You examined the driver for a while until you told him Chelsea's street address and buckled yourself up. 

While on the road, you were alert at everything. 

Why? 

The text. 

'Be weary. Watch out when you're alone'

When the taxi stopped at Chelsea's neighborhood, you literally flew out of the car and ran all the way to her house. You didn't bother knocking and just barged inside. 

Chun Hee was inside also. You hadn't seen him for a while. 

The two people that you trusted the most were there and you headed straight towards Chelsea for a hug. You didn't think about anything before burying your face into her shoulder. "Chelsea, I'm s-scared," you whispered. 

She pulled you away to look at your face. 

You looked down. 

"Jung Mi Ran, what happened?" she questioned. 

Chun Hee appeared beside her, lifting your chin up. 

The sight was horrendous. 

Starting from your panda eyes to your disorientated hair and messy make-up; you looked like a disaster. 

Even Chelsea was shocked. "What happened to you?" she gasped. 

You weakly grabbed your phone in your bag and put the battery back in. Handing it to Chelsea, you weakly trudged away and managed to reach the couch without collapsing on the way. 

Chelsea and Chun Hee huddled over the phone as Chelsea turned it on and saw a missed text. She curiously opened it and the both of them read it. The contents of the text was even more horrifying than the previous ones. Chelsea hurriedly closed the text message and went into the inbox. The couple read every single one of the text messages; starting from the most recent one to the very first. 

The phone clattered to the floor as Chelsea's hand lost its grip on it. 

Chun Hee squeezed the disgruntled Chelsea's shoulder as they made their way over to their best friend. 

Chelsea fell onto her knees as she stared at you. "What kind of text messages are those?! Who is it from?!" 

"Death threats---fake number---IP address---" you whispered, most of your words becoming muffled and inaudible. 

Chun Hee frowned before running back over to the phone. He took out the memory card, putting it inside his pocket. 

Chelsea brushed your hair with her fingers gently with a sad expression. "Why did you tell me just now?" 

"I didn't know what to do!" 

"Contact the police!" 

Chelsea was getting angry now. "How can you just deal with this for a week? These are death threats, Meenah! This isn't a joke. Something could happen to you!" she snapped. 

"Chelsea!" you hissed. Biting your lip, you tried calming yourself before things could get out of hand. "The police won't be able to do anything. If I can't track the person down, how could they? Anyways, this is a small matter and they probably think they're dealing with a harmless teenage girl. The police are busy people who could care less about something like this."

You sat up straight. "I-I'm fine. Really. I'm just really stressed out lately," you told the two and forced a weak smile. "I---gotta go back to the school. I have to pack up and apologize to Dr.Baek." 

"Let me drive you," Chun Hee announced and grabbed his keys from the kitchen counter. 

Chelsea nodded in approval. She tugged at her boyfriend's sleeve. He looked at her. "Take care of her, okay? Make sure she doesn't go crazy or paranoid." she told him. 

Chun Hee rolled his eyes. "She's as much of my best friend than you, Chelsea. I don't want anything happening to her either," he replied. 

Chelsea closed her eyes for a second before letting out a sigh. 

Chun Hee patted her shoulder and gave it a small squeeze before supporting you up off of the couch and towards the door. 

"Be careful!" Chelsea hollered after the two of you. 

 

*************************************************************

Comments are appreciated.