Ch:28

Glad To See You Again

"Why didn't you tell me that your anti-fans were messing with you?" Dongho questioned with an arched eyebrow. 

You shrugged as you zipped your suitcase shut. "I found it unnecessary. Besides, we were both too busy," you stated. 

Dongho didn't buy it and held onto the end of your sweater. You shook him off of you. "Oppa, go." 

"Why?"

You rolled your eyes. "You have a schedule, obviously!" 

Dongho pouted and sat down on your bed with a dissatisfied expression. 

"Do you really have to stay at the school?" he asked. 

You nodded. "It's a training camp so of course I do. Think of it as --- some time away from each other to focus on our work. It's not a bad time away from each other," you explained. 

Sighing, Dongho pushed himself off of the bed. "At least look at the pictures that I took before you go!" he urged. 

You rolled your eyes but held out the palm of your hand. 

Dongho grinned as he pulled out a folded envelope from his back pocket. He placed it gently in the palm of your hand before kissing your forehead and running out of the room. 

Smiling, you walked out of the room. As soon as you took one step out, you heard two maids giggling while cleaning one of the guest bedrooms across from yours. 

Curiousity got the best of you as you quietly went through the opened doors. 

"Dongho is just so adorable! I'm so glad that I applied for this job. I mean, Dongho comes here almost every day and the salary is also high!"

"I know right? I applied just for those two reasons. I don't get why Dongho is even dating Mi Ran. She's not even that pretty and I don't see what's so great about her. I'm much better," 

You scoffed, rolling your eyes while waiting for them to say something else. 

"Ugh, right? We both would suit Dongho better than the 'young madam' any day," one of the maids said in a mocking manner. 

Pressing your lips together tightly, you grabbed the vase by the door and threw it on the ground. 

The two maids spun around with shocked expressions. 

"High salaries? Oh maybe I should just lower it or better yet --- maybe I shouldn't give you guys your salaries at all." you scoffed. 

You heard one of them gulp. "B-b-but that's a-against the law!" 

"Oh really? I'm sick of being a goody two-shoes anyways. Now what else did you guys say? Ah, I'm not that pretty? I acknowledge that statement but I'm pretty sure that's not something to say about your employer behind their back," you stated. 

The two were completely dumbfounded and couldn't say anything. 

"The next time you guys gossip about me, do it behind closed doors." you told them. "Oh wait but --- there won't be a next time." 

With that, you left the room with a bitter smirk. 

You angrily stomped down the stairs and was greeted with an annoyed older brother. "Yah! Why are you coming down the stairs so loudly?!" he yelled. 

Not wanting to deal with anyone right then, you pushed past him. "Two maids were gossiping about me. The ones cleaning guest room #7. Fire them for me," you told Minwoo and sighed. 

Minwoo nodded with a look of sympathy.

With another sigh, you trudged out of the house. An unfamiliar driver was seen standing in front of the usual sleek black car. 

"Who are you? Where's Kang ahjusshi?" you aske---interrogated. 

The new driver formally bowed a 90 degrees bow. "Annyeonghasaeyo, young mistress. I'm the temporary driver, Jung Ha Yoon." he introduced. 

You nodded. "You didn't answer my 2nd question though. Where's Driver Kang?" 

"He got into a minor accident, young mistress." Ha Yoon answered. 

Satisfied with his answer, you got inside the car and waited for the new driver to load your luggage into the trunk. 

As the car was on the road, you stared out the window while thinking deeply about what had happened earlier. 

Am I hated so much that even the people that work for me hate me? you thought. Is being with Dongho that big of a crime?

You were so deep in thought that you didn't even notice when the car stopped in front of SNUCM. 

"Young mistress," Driver Jung called. "Young mistress! Madam! Mi Ran-ssi!" 

You shook your head and came back into reality. Clearing your throat, you unbuckled your seatbelt and blinked. 

Ha Yoon frowned. "Is something wrong, young mistress?" 

"Nothing's wrong. Anyways, stop calling me young mistress. You don't even look that old anyways. How old are you?" 

"25, young mistress," he answered. 

You rolled your eyes. "Call me Mi Ran or Meenah," you ordered. 

"Y-yes, young mi --- Meenah-ssi," 

"Without the honorifics!" 

"I-I'm sorry, Meenah," he apologized. 

You couldn't help but crack a smile. "You're so cute," you commented before getting out of the car. 

Ha Yoon was frozen in the driver's seat of the car. He was caught off guard by your sudden comment. 

Seeing that it would take a while for your driver to recover from the shock, you took out the luggage yourself and proceeded towards the lecture hall of Dr.Baek. 

Before you pushed open the large wooden doors, you took one glance at your watch to make sure that you were right on time. You walked right when the clock hit 1PM. 

Dr.Baek looked up from the papers she was working on and smiled at you. "Right on time as always, Miss Jung," she commented. 

You bowed as you rolled your suitcase in and sat down in the front row. You looked around and saw only one other person in the room. The rival.

With nothing to do while you waited for the rest of the class to arrive, you boredly tapped your fingers on the table. 

As time passed by, the lecture hall became packed full with the students of your major. Everyone was soon allowed to choose who to room with for the next couple of days. Not to your surprise, no one wanted to be with you. Even your so-called 'friends' didn't want to and only sent you pitiful glances. 

Everyone except you dragged their roommates with them to their assigned dorms while you just stood there. Dr.Baek walked over to you and gave you a lopsided smile. "Looks like you'll be by yourself," she said as she handed you the keys. 

You bowed unenthusiastically and dragged yourself towards the room. You threw the door open and was met with dust flying into your face. Coughing, you blocked your nose and mouth as you maneuvered around the dark room. You fumbled for the light switch and flicked it on when your hand found it. 

You looked around in disbelief. "Just my luck to be assigned to the tiest room ever," you scoffed. "No windows? Are you serious?" 

Collapsing onto the floor, you let out a small sob and pulled out your phone. 

"Yah Chelsea!" you yelled into the phone after pressing speed dial #1. 

"What?" came the annoyed reply from your best friend. 

You rolled your eyes. "Everyone seems to be against me today," you grumbled. "Anyways; I got the worst room ever and there's no one to suffer with me. Life stinks. Literally," 

Chelsea sighed. "Endure it, okay? 

You hung up without saying anything and looked around at the pitiful room. The bunk bed looked weak; the top bunk looked like it was going to collapse even if a feather fell on it meanwhile, the bottom bunk was already collapsed. "A pitiful room suited especially for a pitiful person," you sighed. 

You ped your suitcase and pulled out a sleeping bag. "At least I came prepared," 

After you laid the sleeping bag out, you sprayed the room with air freshener and tried getting rid of as much dust as possible. 

"How can a national medical school's dorms be in this condition?" you asked out loud. 

Cleaning took longer than you expected and it was already time for dinner. By the time you came down, there was absolutely no food left. Like, literally none. Everyone gave you sorrowful eyes but stuffed their mouths with food without guilt. 

"Such bad luck!" you muttered. 

For the next 4 hours, you had to go through the lessons on an empty stomach and by the time everyone was free to do whatever, you felt as though you could collapse at any moment. 

It was hard to reach your room but you somehow managed and fell onto the sleeping bag. Finally checking your phone, you saw a text from Dongho. 

'My lovely girl! Yah! Did you eat yet? Who's your roommate? It's not a guy, right? Well, good luck! I know you can achieve anything if you just put your mind to it! Hwaiting, my lovely girl.'

You smiled. Another text message soon popped up. This time, it was from Jay. "Now --- why did he text me?" you wondered. Before you could read the text, Jay called. 

"Hello?" you answered. 

"Good evening, ma'am. Are you perhaps Jung Mi Ran?" a voice you couldn't recognize answered. 

You nodded and then remembered it was a phone call. "Ah y-yes I am," you replied. 

"Oh um your boyfriend is in a bar at Gangnam right now and he's very...out of it. Could you perhaps pick him up? H-he kept on saying your name and so I thought maybe---" 

"He's drunk?" you interrupted with a gasp. 

"Y-yes," the person answered. 

In all of the months that you've known him, he didn't seem like the type of person to drink until he was drunk and about to pass out. You quickly got the address of the club and threw on a cardigan. 

You ran towards Dr.Baek's office and burst inside to find her reading some documents behind her desk. She looked up with an arched eyebrow. "May I help you, Miss Jung?" 

"A-ah well I have a favor to ask. Could you just let me off this once? I need to go off campus and it's really urgent!" you pleaded. 

Dr.Baek smiled at you. "I don't think that's possible," she replied. 

You opened your mouth to say something but stopped. "W-why would that not be possible?" you asked. 

"Because it'll be unfair to the other students," 

You pressed your lips together and exhaled. "Please? Just this once? You can just say that I snuck out if I'm caught!" 

"CCTV," Dr.Baek said and jutted her chin towards the corner. 

You turned your head and saw the small camera staring straight at you. Pouting, you exited the office with droopy shoulders. "Aish I don't care anymore!"

 

~~~

"Yah! Jeon Jihwan! What's your address again?" you asked/yelled at the drunk boy with a new hair color. 

He answered with incomprehensible words. 

"Wait, what was that? Hurry up! I snuck out because of you and time is running out! Hurry!" you urged. 

Giving up, you looked around and spotted a hotel. "Aish might as well," you shrugged and half dragged, half carried him towards it. You looked up and recognized the name. "Oh! It's Director Im's hotel!" 

You went inside with Jay leaning against you. The first person you saw was Director Im himself. You sighed in relief at the luck and dragged Jay along towards the director. 

The director seemed to have seen you and strode towards you and Jay. "My my! What a big surprise to see you here at my hotel, Jung Mi Ran-ssi! Now --- who is this?" he asked, indicating Jay. 

Your mouth formed an O as you straightened up as best as you could with the extra weight against you. "T-this is my friend, Jeon Jihwan. He goes to the school that my grandfather developed! Well as you can see he's knocked out and um I don't know his address so I conveniently saw the hotel and guess why not," you explained. 

Director Im raised an eyebrow. 

"It's not what you think! I'm just dropping him off and going straight back to school because I kind of...snuck out," you whispered loud enough so only the director could hear. 

He nodded in understanding and took Jay off of you like a true gentleman. "Shall I get this young man a room then?" 

You nodded with a large smile. "Yes please, Director Im! I'll pay for everything later because I'm kind of in a rush now but please get him the best room and explain to him what happened! I'll get going now!" you told the director before running off. 

Once you arrived back at the school, Dr.Baek was waiting for you in the front. You gave her a guilty smile and bowed. "Like I said, I'll receive any punishment you give me," you said in a small voice. 

"Were you able to finish your urgent matter?" 

"E-eh?" you replied for you were caught off guard. 

"Well? Were you?" 

You slowly nodded. "Y-yes," 

Dr.Baek smiled. "Well that's good then. Hurry and go inside. Oh and sleep in my office for the rest of the week. Your room is not a good enviroment for someone with your health conditions. Just sleep on the couch," she said before turning around on her heels and strutting away.

A large grin that reached your ears spread across your face as you caught up to Dr.Baek and looped your arms through hers. "Professor Baek!! Teacher!~ Thank you!" you cooed with aegyo dripping from your words. 

"It's Doctor! Doctor Baek!" 

 

*************************************************************************************************

Hey guys~ It's been a while. 

This is long enough, right? 

Sorry. I've been lazy and stuff these days. I'm catching up on some summer studies while trying to spend as much time away from the computer as possible(well obviously I'm failing but w/e). 

I'm really tired right now and I need to work on this annoying jigsaw puzzle so I'll leave you guys with this for now and try to update as soon as possible. Don't leave me, okay? ^^" 

I wonder if you guys can sense something big coming up...

Oh well. I won't reveal anything so infer, okay? =]