Picture Perfect

TabiSan/TopDara One Shot Fic Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Title Picture Perfect

It’s been quite a busy month for both YG groups Bigbang and 2NE1. With the world tour preparations and the girls focus in the Japanese market as well as preparations for their Korean album and their US debut, one can only imagine how hard it is for two idols to stay connected while juggling their busy schedules and still have time for each other.

Impeccable time management is one of Seungri’s gifts and with his invaluable skill he helps his Top-hyung and Dara-noona to stay connected.

“Hyung, I have already spoken to Dara-noona she’ll be in the next flight after yours and our group will follow after 36 hours. I hope that’s enough time,” Seungri whispered to his hyung as they sat on the floor of their rehearsal studio.  He was tapping into his Tab to check on the itinerary he got from manager jango to make sure that Dara-noona’s schedule is set.

“Can’t we just take the same flight? I don’t feel comfortable letting her travel by herself,” Tabi said to Bigbang’s maknae. “We both know she’s still getting over her fear of flying.”

“Hyung, Dara-noona will be fine and besides it would just be too obvious if the both of you are in the same flight. And it’s not advisable too since you might go all lovey dovey when you’re together,” Seungri reasoned. “Think of that day’s Headline news: Two YG artist caught in a romantic rendezvous.”

“You and your crazy imagination,” Top argued. “It’s not like we’ll make out on the plane or anything.”

“Hyung, have you ever asked Dara-noona why she never put up any of your pictures together in her Me2day account,” the maknae inquired. “And yes you might end up making out in the plane so sharing a flight is a big no no.”

Top was in deep thought. He never really paid much attention to it but it was true. He has never seen any of their pictures together. Heck she doesn’t show any of their pictures together to anyone,  except to him and maybe Minzy, Seungri, Dong Wook-hyung and Byul-noona since they knew about their relationship. “Why doesn’t she post our pictures together then?” He asked completely ignoring the maknae’s last remark.

“I’ll give you my expert insight on this hyung,” Seungri said in a professional manner while rubbing his chin as if deciphering the biggest mystery in the world. “You just look at one picture of the both of you together and it pretty much blows up your cover. Every single picture with just you and noona together, shows how you are just dotingly and lovingly staring at her. It’s just too obvious. If any of them leaked out then the whole world will know that the great Rapper Top of the awesome group Bigbang is head over heels in love with 2ne1’s Park Sandara. You know the saying a picture is worth a thousand words. Looking at just one of your photos together says it all,” the maknae explained.

“Am I that obvious,” Top said as he smiled to himself. “But hang on. How about Dara doesn’t she look at me the same way,” he added to his inquiry.

“Of course she gives you the same expression, although you know how animated she can get? At least her reactions have variation while yours are plain and simple it’s just screaming ‘I love Dara’ but despite that I think Dara-noona truly is in love with you if she isn’t why would she agree to take a flight by herself ahead of her group just so she can spend some quality time with you,” Seungri explained. “I think you’re very lucky hyung. I hope that I find someone perfect for me to. If only Chaerin-ah, isn’t such a snob I would totally ask her out,” the maknae blurted.

“I think you and CL would be perfect for each other, plus I’d like to watch her torture you all the time,” Top commented with a smirk.

“You have to be nice to me hyung. I can still screw up your schedule with noona,” he threatened while pointing at the schedule he just arranged in his Tab that he was sending to their manager about Top leaving earlier than the group.

Top gave him a murderous look then ran after the maknae.

And so the chase went on and other three members stopped rehearsing and watched the amusing sight of the oldest member of their group strangling their group’s maknae.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

In the 2NE1 dorm specifically Dara’s room, she and Minzy were busy browsing through old photos.

“Minki, it’s so hard to look for a photo of just me and Tabi together that doesn’t look like we are a couple,” she sighed in frustration.

“I know Unnie, there is not one photo where he doesn’t have his arms latched around you or with him staring at you with that love struck look,” the 2ne1 maknae agreed.

“I’m really hoping I can find a photo I can put up. I’ve read comments about me posting the other member’s pictures with me but not one photo with me and Tabi,” she said even more defeated.

It’s not that she didn’t want to put their photos together. It’s just that every time they took photos with just the two of them together they can’t help but be sweet to each other. They look at each other like they’re the only two people in the world or in other photos she would be wrapped in Tabi’s arms which of course is heaven on earth for her. It would be awkward to ask him to take a photo with the condition that they would pose as if they have a platonic, non-romantic, completely friendly relationship with each other.  And being always apart doesn’t help at all. The distance makes them long for each other even more. The fact that they can be in the same room and not sit close to each other or that they have to secretly throw each other affectionate glances  instead of openly show it for the rest of the YG family to see is the sad part about their relationship. There friends are important to them and the façade gets harder and harder to keep up especially since they’re both growing more in love with each other every day.

“How about we photo shop one of our group shots and just remove the other people in it,” Minzy suggested.

“That’s not going to work, netizens would definitely pick up on it and would question me for posting a PS photo,” Dara explained.

“How about we post an old photo of the two of you when we were still in training,” the maknae asked.

“I tried looking for some but remember how awkward we were then and how we always ended up with group pictures because we always get teased and we’re both too darn shy. I tried to look for a picture but failed to do so,” Dara replied with frustration written all over her face.

Minzy smiled brightly as she thought of a brilliant idea,” Maybe you can take photos in Japan. Well, maybe a single non-romantic photo of you two so you can have something to post on your page,” she said excitedly.

“I think that would work,” Dara agreed. The two then closed the laptop and went out to join the other 2ne1 members in the cafeteria.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 In the YG cafeteria

Bom was busy eating her corn as she was reading through the Japanese lyrics of their Japanese song Scream while listening to it through her Beats earphones.  CL was in another table animatedly discussing their thumb noise single with the producer and music genius Teddy Park over some fresh garden salad.

 Dara and Minzy got off the elevator and went to where Bom was seated. The oldest member acknowledged their arrival with a smile but went straight to eating her corn again.

“Unnie I’m famished should we get some bibimbap for lunch,” the maknae asked Dara.

The petite brunette just nodded in agreement as she scanned her phone to check if she missed any of Top’s messages. After browsing through all of them she saw a message from Seungri confirming her altered schedule. She was to fly alone without the girls a few hours behind Top’s flight who was also taking a different flight from his group. She was really curious how the bigbang maknae was able to convince their managers to allow them to take separate flights from their group.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the food filled tray Minzy brought to their table. Her stomach growled from the realization that she was indeed hungry because she was so busy on her computer skimming through photos that she will put in her me2day page for her last bigbang member photo update. Since she has posted photos of herself with other bigbang members, and questions about TOP not being included has surfaced every now and then in the usual fan comments. She was determined to post a photo so that the netizens would stop speculating about them.

Keeping a secret relationship is very difficult and seeing it through her Se7en-oppa and Byulie’s experience and now going through the same ordeal she was determined to make her relationship work with much ease as possible. She still sees herself as an up and coming artist and Top has already established his name as a celebrity both as a member of Bigbang and as an actor. She didn’t want to be the reason for him to lose his career.

She and Minzy started eating when the members of Bigbang arrived. She saw him from up far already scanning the cafeteria probably looking for her. When their eyes met she was welcomed by his warm smile. Yes, the tough looking Bigbang rapper is capable of showing a warm smile on his face. People are so used to his bad smirk that it was refreshing for her to see him have a genuine smile on his face exclusively for her.

The Bigbang members greeted the girls before they moved to their own table. Minzy and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter