Her Real Life Leading Man

TabiSan/TopDara One Shot Fic Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Her Real Life Leading Man

After coming back to Korea Dara had only acted on a couple of dramas.  First was her role as Rei who’s a Ninja in Return to Iljima and the other as herself as part of 2NE1 in the drama Style both of which were just cameo appearances. Of course she misses her stint as an actress but it was also her dream to become an idol and she’s quite blessed to be part of one of the best Kpop groups of their time.  She didn’t think it was possible but it happened. With their very busy schedule of events and recording song for their album, YG-sajangnim suggested she started her acting workshops again.  She was truly grateful for that because she misses her first love which is acting.

Flashback 2008

As soon as she went back to Korea even as a trainee she was already getting multiple love calls for dramas and movies but because she wanted to be part of a girl group so badly she had to turn down all of them.  Her first true acting stint in Korea was in her Gummy-unni’s MV for her I’m sorry, which also featured Top. Dara felt really honored to be chosen as the lead female and she felt even more overwhelmed when she was told by T.O.P himself that they will be working together.

As trainees she and Top didn’t really talk much with each other. She was quiet, he was quiet. He was the king of awkwardness around her and she can’t say she’s any better around him. He has his own group and their doing so well and as for her she’s no longer the celebrity that’s well known in the Philippines rather she was back to being  a trainee.  She has a same age friend though, Bom who was almost like a real sister. The two of them are training with her and Hye Sun among other younger members.  Dara really thought that maybe one of her friends would get the part since they trained longer than her under YG.

But she remembered that day so well she was just practicing some dance step while Bom and Hye Sun went to the cafeteria to eat, probably a lot of corn since her friend Bommie is crazy about it.  She was in the middle of doing some y dance move when she suddenly saw Top’s reflection watching her from the coach he was sitting on.

“Ommo! You scared me. How long have you been sitting there,” she asked as she turned to face him.

“Long enough to know that you can really dance well,” he replied.

“If you think I’m good you should see Minzy that kid commands the dance floor,” she said. She was wondering if he was around while she was practicing those y expressions on her face while she was dancing.

“Oh I know about her. That kid is a dancing machine. Taeyang, Seung Ri and GD have nothing but praises for her,” Top said.

“Uhmm, so I hope you don’t mind me asking why you’re here,” she muttered. She was very well aware that she’s older than him but somehow he didn’t treat her like she’s older.

“Oh mianhe am I disturbing you,” he asked. He stood up ready to go out of the room and leave her in peace.

“No!” She suddenly blurted out. Talk about another awkward moment. “I mean sure you can stay, I don’t own the place,” she said. For some reason that didn’t sound right either.

“I’m actually here to ask you to be the lead girl for Gummy-noona’s music video? You know the one I had a collaboration with her.  It’s a bit of a drama concept I know it’s different because it’s an up tempo song but the story is really good,” he explained.

“Wow, you guys want me to play the lead girl? I’d be honored,” she exclaimed.

“But there’s a catch and I hope you don’t back out just because of it,” Top said with uncertainty.

Dara wasn’t sure if she going to be worried because all she can think about is filming her first ever MV in Korea.

“No way. I can definitely do it whatever it is,” she said confidently.

“That’s good to hear, becauseIwillbeplayingtheleadguyoppositeyou,” he said a bit too fast that Dara almost couldn’t make out what he said.

“What? Did you just say you’ll be the male lead,” Dara asked.

Top nodded hesitantly his both hands shoved inside his pockets.

“Wow can this day get any better,” she exclaimed. “I will be honored to be your partner actress,” she said. “I mean the song is an upbeat sad love song so I would assume we’ll be playing a couple role,” she added.

“Yes, exactly,” he replied. “You’re not backing away because of me,” he asked as he looked away as if not wanting to hear her reply.

“Why will I back out? I would love to work with the Choi Seung Hyun of Bigbang. It’s every fan girl’s dream,” she admitted.

“Are you my fan girl,” he asked a smile was already showing on his face.

Dara immediately covered and turned her back towards him. She hit her head with a closed fist a couple of times reprimanding herself from having such a loose mouth. She then realized that TOP can freely see what she was doing since they’re in front of the studio mirror.

Top just had an amused smile on his face,” You wouldn’t mind if I call you Dara-shi,” he asked her. “I mean it’s okay if you want me to call you noona it’s just that you look too young and pre..” but he stopped himself.

“That’s nice. I actually like that Dara. I know my first name is kind of weird having three syllables instead the usual. You can call me Dara when it’s just the two of us but call me Dara-noona around other people they might think your being disrespectful if you don’t acknowledge the fact that I’m older,” she said.

To her surprise they were freely talking to each other like the blanket of awkwardness has been lifted. He was actually very nice and they have the similar personality. It was like finding a kin spirit.

On the shooting day of their MV Dara was nervous and excited at the same time. She was given the copy of the story board and she only found out on the shooting day that there would be a kiss scene. Her heart skipped a beat from the idea of Top’s lips touching hers. She could feel the heat rising on her face she’s probably red as tomato at that very moment.  She’s to play Top’s lover who will leave him because she’s sick and about to die. The story totally matches the song.

She just finished with her wardrobe and make up when Top came to her dressing room to greet her. He was also already ready for their first scene. The staff left the two of them to talk.

“Are you excited,” he asked her.

“Yes and nervous,” she admitted.

“You’ll do fine. It’s not your first time in acting. I’ve seen all your movies you’re really good,” he said nonchalantly.

“What? You’ve seen my movies but most of them are comedy with just a little drama and my acting wasn’t good,” she reasoned out a bit embarrassed.

“I didn’t understand most of it because your co-actors were speaking in Filipino. I only got the parts where you all spoke in English but my English isn’t that good either but you got the message across. I know which parts you were happy, sad, giddy, excited, in love. I think you’re pretty good,” he said.

“I tried my best. Thanks for liking my acting but seriously I know I’m lacking. But let’s do our best together so it will come out great,” she exclaimed.

They were about to leave the dressing room after being called to the set when Top held her back and moved his face close to her.

“I know that there is a kiss scene but don’t worry about it just take my lead,” he whispered as he took her hand and they walked in the set hand in hand.

Dara felt like she’s floating on air. Choi Seung Hyun was indeed a good actor. He knew how to get even her into character.  She really felt like she’s with someone she really likes. The director told them that the very first scene they will shoot is the kiss scene since it’s considerably the most difficult one and after that the rest of the shoot will be easy and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter