A shaved head and Ice cream

TabiSan/TopDara One Shot Fic Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A shaved head and Ice cream

To him she is beautiful with or without hair.

 

“Unnie, don’t you think you will look so bad with that kind of hair,” CL pointed at the drawing she made of what was supposed to be Dara with one side of her head with long hair while the other part had small pointy hair as if it was partially shaved.

“It looks cool,” Dara said the gulped nervously. She didn’t like what the discussion was leading to.

“I think it would look better on you Chae-unnie,” Minzy piped in.  Dara gave her a thankful nod.

“I think so too,” Bom said. Dara was giving her the puppy dog look. “The leader has to have the fiercest look,” she added.  

“I wish I can but I don’t think I can pull it off. I’m not that pretty. I will probably just look more boyish. But Dara-unnie is the prettiest and she can pull off anything,” Chaerin coaxed.

“I’m not that pretty,” Dara countered. She had never imagined shaving her head. Well, maybe if she were to star in a movie and it’s needed for the role then she might.  Think Demi Moore in GI Jane or Natalie Portman in V for Vendetta. But she will be performing in front of a live audience and she’ll be partially bald. The idea was just crazy.

“If I have a face like yours unni I’ll proudly wear my hair like that. I’ve been thinking about it for the longest time but I know that I don’t have the kind of face that would do that hair style justice,” Chaerin pleaded her case.

“I think it’s too much Chae-unnie,” Minzy reasoned.  She knew that anymore prodding from their leader her Dara-unnie would eventually fall for it and agree.

“Will you do it then,” CL asked their maknae, looking at her meaningfully.

The maknae sighed in defeat. “I’m not pretty enough to sport that look. I guess you’re right. Since Dara-unni is the prettiest I guess she’s the only one who can pull it off.

“I would only agree if Dara says yes. If she doesn’t want to shave her head, we can just scratch the idea and get a different look. I think shaving her head is too much,” Bom protested.

Dara contemplated on the idea. She knew that CL would push for it no matter what and they will not be able to finish their style make over within the day until it gets settled. She made a deep sigh. ‘What the heck, hair grows back anyway,’ she thought to herself. A nagging feeling at the back of her mind told her that she will regret it. But she also knew that deep down inside if it was something for the group she will do it. She’s known for doing a lot of crazy stuff with her hair but what she’s about to venture into is just beyond anything that a sane female  pop idol would do. “Fine I’ll do it. Just don’t make me look ugly,” she requested.

“Omo!!! Thank you Dara-unni you’re the best,” CL exclaimed. She knew that their comeback will be epic. She knew that discussing the style with Bigbang’s  G-dragon would definitely help when it comes to style and fashion.

The stylist came in the room. “So who is the brave sacrifice, who is willing to shave her head for your new single launch,” their stylist asked. The girls looked at Dara as she reluctantly raised her hand.

“Eh… but why  waste such a pretty face on such a crazy hair again?” the stylist-unni asked. “I swear Dara’s fans will want to kill me after this,” she protested. “I was looking forward to dolling her up this time.

“Stop unni! Don’t make Dara-unni change her mind,” CL argued. “Her look will be epic. No female in the world of Kpop has ever done this before. Our group will make a statement. I would have done the hair if I’m as pretty as unni but I’m not so she agreed on doing it,” the group’s leader added.

“I’ll just go and make a quick phone call first,” Dara said and excused herself. 

When she came back she made a deep breath and smiled. “Okay, I’ll do it.” CL hugged her and thanked her.  Minzy and Bom patted her shoulder. The stylist-unni asked the girls to step out before she worked on Dara.

“Are you sure you want to go through with this?” the stylist unni asked again. Dara nodded but fear and hesitation was written all over her face. She shook her head furiously and when she stopped she smiled again and nodded.  The stylist unni prepared her scissor and the electric shaver.

And so Dara’s head was shaved. For the first time, as the stylist did her work tears start trailing down Dara’s cheeks.

And so she is sporting a partially shaved head. She examined herself closely in the mirror.

“I’ll be putting long hair extensions. And we move some of the hair to that side to cover the shaved part,” the designer unni reassured her.

“I’ll have to get used to this hair style. You can put the long extension but let’s not cover the shaved part. I’ll show the girls what it looks and I have to get used to it anyway,” Dara explained.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

5 hours later

 

Tabi was on their rehearsals that day but was just practically lounging with his band mates while they had a quick break. He looked through his phone and saw a video message. It was from Dara. She doesn’t do video messages. He often sends her video messages but she told him to stop because if anyone gets a hold of their phones and see the video messages they would get in trouble.  She often texted him and called him but she had never sent a video message to him before.  He went out of the room and opened the video message.

“Tabi please look closely at may face and my head full of hair. This might be the last time you’ll see me with this look for a while. Not that my hair would never grow back but after I go through my image change with Ri Eun- unni I will have a partially shaved head. Don’t be angry I agreed to it. Please be supportive of my decision. I spoke with Cheon dung  and he said he supports whatever decision I make so please do the same ok?”

What the heck was he supposed to think? Why was she shaving her head? He knew the look on her face in the video. That’s what she looks like when she’s in the brink of tears. If there is anything he hated the most other than really bad fashion it’s seeing Dara cry. He went back inside the room.

“Guys excuse me for a bit I’m heading out early. I don’t feel well,” he said as he grabbed his coat and stormed out of the dance studio.  He went straight to the elevator and went down to the girl’s floor.

The rest of the band was left confused. They have not seen Seung hyun that pissed in a long time. The last time he was that furious was when there were rumors of him trying to commit suicide which was stupid because he only had really bad colds and got the flu. He was upset because it had affected his family not to mention it worried his mom and they all know how much of a mama’s boy Tabi is.

They all had their own guesses but Seungri knew better and his gut tells him that it has something to do with Dara-noona.

The Styling room door on the third floor flew open with an angry Tabi waiting to explode.

“Where is Dara,”he bellowed his voice was definitely laced with anger. “What did you do to her,” he further asked.

“Dara-unni already left a couple of hours ago,” CL replied in a strangely squeaky voice.

“Who’s idea was it,” Seung hyun angrily interrogated the Fierce leader of 2ne1 who at the moment resembled a scared ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter