Romantic Tango

TabiSan/TopDara One Shot Fic Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Romantic Tango

 

Top and Dara watched as the dance instructors showed them how to dance the tango. It’s all thanks to Seungri and his scheming ways. The two would have to perform a dance of Seungri’s choice in front of YG artist along with some invited guests. Top would have handled things his usual come and collected way meaning he will goof around and not take the whole bet seriously however since the rat included Dara in his little scheme Top decided to take the challenge seriously.

“I’m sorry again for dragging you into this,” Top muttered to Dara while they continued watching the dance.

“Well, it’s not completely your fault. I lost a bet with Chaerin too. I just didn’t expect that she would agree with Seungri ‘s brilliant idea for punishment. Usually our leader is a little more mature than Seungrat,” Dara replied her tone seriously laced with sarcasm. She continued the dancers. She could not peal her eyes off the exquisite display of the tango dance in front of them.

“It looks hard though,” Top admitted as he watched how the male dancer perfectly led the female dancer each step of the way, the bodies of the dancers moving in graceful unison.

“Yes it does look like we have to practice moving together as if we’re one body,” Dara commented as she looked at her future dancing partner.

“I would have to apologize in advance for any future suffering I would cause you. You know I’m not exactly the best dancer in my group. It would have been so much better if they just asked us to collaborate on a song instead,” he admitted. Ever since he saw Dara sing that Jlo song in karaoke he had imagined collaborating with her. It would be nice to hear her soft sweet voice singing along while he does his rap. But no, Seungri wanted to see his Top hyung dance.

“It’s not like I’m the best dancer either,” she joked. “Let’s just do our best and let’s hope we don’t make a fool of ourselves in front of everybody,” she added.

“We have to get a slower song and maybe tweak the steps a little bit,” Top suggested.

“Yes please! All those swerves and hooks on the leg and those lifting I don’t know how we can pull those off,” Dara admitted.

“We’ll pull it off somehow,” Top reassured her as they stood up and joined the dancers to practice.

They took a video of the performance but the two were pretty certain that they can’t dance as good as those dancers so they have to rely on a lot of research and some improvisation.

The two started practicing every day after the scheduled Bigbang recording sessions. The group’s comeback is still in the works albeit they’re almost on the finishing touches.

They decided on the type of Tango that they will perform. They opt for the style that shows a more intimate performance with less complex and elongated footwork. This of course entailed close embraces, smaller but synchronized steps and much softer movements. They agreed to put the lifts to a minimum even though Top is pretty sure that Dara is as light as a feather he didn’t want to risk dropping her during their practice or performance. They had to work extra in perfecting their leg swirls and hooks. It was difficult and the first few times they tried the steps they literally stumbled and fell on their asses.

But as difficult as the dance was, they both looked forward to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter