A Hair Situation

TabiSan/TopDara One Shot Fic Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Top was lounging with the rest of the Bigbang members in their studio. They were given a 30 minute break after spending almost 4 hours straight rehearsing for their world tour. He was laughing and discussing the funny mishap Seungri made while they were practicing when his phone started ringing. Dara’s solo single, Kiss started playing and Tabi knew right away who was calling. He promptly excused himself and went outside the room where no one could listen.

Seungri just looked up and smirked. He knew too well who it was. To be honest the two were too obvious. His Dara-noona has Turn it up as a ringtone for Top and he on the other hand has her set up with Kiss. It would have been fine if they also designated a song for each of the group members of 2ne1 or bigbang but they didn’t. He would be surprised if none of his other hyungs figured it out yet.

“Hey Dee,” Top answered his phone. “I can’t believe you miss me already. It’s only been 6 hours since we’re last together,” he teased. He was greeted with silence on the other end. “Hey, are you okay?”

“What time does your rehearsals finish,” she asked.  “We need to talk,” she said in a serious tone.

“We will probably finish by 8pm but what‘s wrong? You’re worrying me,” he said honestly.  He was trying to recall what transpired last night and the days before that could get Dara sounding so serious. Should he have sent her home instead of begging her to stay in his house last night? But they laughed and had fun the whole time so it couldn’t be that. He was racking his brain for a possible answer.  “What are you doing right now,” he asked.

“We just finished the concept meeting and our image preparations for the new album. I will probably be hanging out with the girls for the rest of the day,” she replied. She sounded a little uncertain.

“I’ll skip practice and I’ll meet in the parking lot. If we need to talk then there is no better time than now. Let’s go back to my place, is that okay” he urged. He was worried she might disagree but she didn’t. This worried him even more because usually Dara would scold him if he ever mentions ditching rehearsals.

“I’ll see you down stairs,” she muttered,” and Tabi,” her voice trailed.

“Why what’s wrong,” he asked abruptly.

“You love me right? And you said nothing would change that right,” she asked with more uncertainty in her voice.

“Of course I do. Dara, what’s going on? I’ll just get myself excused and I’ll meet you in my car. Whatever it is we’ll be fine, alright,” he reassured her.

He kept asking himself what the hell was happening. Why is Dara being cryptic all of a sudden? He was also bothered by her serious line of questioning. Something was up and he had to know what it was and fast.

He went back inside the rehearsal studio. He went straight to G Dragon. “I need to bail. Something really important came up and I need to go home. It’s an emergency,” he said.

“Well, if it’s that important, then go. We’ll just practice without you. I was kind of hoping you can hang out later with us. I heard the 2NE1 girls are getting their image concepts today and we want to be the first ones to see,” G Dragon explained.

“Maybe next time. I just really need to go,” he answered. “Thanks Ji.  I owe you one.”

 In making Top’s way out, Seungri followed behind.  “Is Dara-noona okay,” he asked with a worried look on his face. “I called Chaecat but she wouldn’t say a word. And Minzy wouldn’t answer her phone. And I’m scared of calling Bom-noona.  Did something happen?”

“Seungrat, you’ve got too many questions and I have no time to answer them. I’ll call you later if that would appease you,” Top promised to Bigbang’s maknae.   Tabi ran pass by their youngest member and went straight to the elevator and pressed the button for thebasement parking.

When he got to there he made his way towards his car. Dara was already standing by the passenger door. He noticed that they colored her hair brown again from its previous pink color and added length to it.She looked really beautiful. He also noticed that she has her red bonnet on. He actually bought it for her and he has the same one like it.  As soon as he reached the car and opened the door she went right in.

The two of them quietly drove away to his place.  He wanted to complement her with her new look but a part of him just wouldn’t let the words out like he was making his way to a field that was filled with landmines that could blow with just one wrong move or in his case, a wrong statement. Clearly, Dara was upset about something he just needs to figure what it was. The whole 30 minute drive was filled with nothing but awkward silence.  Top kept looking at her reaction in his mirror but he knew better than to look at her constantly while on the road. They didn’t want to die young because he wasn’t focus on driving.

When they finally arrived to his place, Dara quietly followed him inside the house.

“Okay, you have to tell me what’s wrong? You’re acting really weird and I’m used to weird but you’re kind of scaring me. Did something happen?  Don’t tell me that YG-hyung already found out about our secret,” Top started as he sat on his couch.

“It’s not that,” Dara said as if taking her time.  She took deep breaths as she paced around the living room. “Remember last night when I told you that I kind of agreed on trying something new,” she explained.

“Yes, you said it’s going to be a little extreme,” he said. “Is that what this is about,” he asked.

“Why what’s wrong? What did they do to you,” he asked. “You can tell me he asked in a worried tone.

“It’s nothing serious in fact I like it but I’m worried that you might hate it,” she admitted. “You might think I’m ugly.”

“What? Why would I ever think that,” he asked incredulously. “You are nowhere near ugly.  That I’m certain about,” he said confidently. He held his hand out and reached for her. He made her sit next to him.

“You promise you won’t laugh,” she asked. I didn’t even show the girls yet.  I went straight to our room after they fixed my hair and has been wearing my bonnet ever since.

“I don’t see anything wrong with the new hair extensions. Long hair suits you well, he commended.

“You see it’s not just the hair extension. You might laugh at me when you see it,” she said nervously.

“Trust me I love you no matter what, even if you go bald,” he reassured her.

“Really,” she exclaimed her expression perked up all of a sudden.

“You didn’t,” Top asked, “Did you?”

She kept on playing with her pointing fingers the way she does when she’s excited or anxious.

“Come one let’s be done with it. You got me all worried. I was seriously fretting that you might be breaking up with me,” Top admitted.

“What? No, of course not, why would I do that. I was worried that you might break up with me after seeing my new look,” she explained.  “Well, since you didn’t mind me going bald. I guess shaving a part of my head wouldn’t be a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter