1/29/2014 COMEBACK (for Universe and for this story)

1VS {10 Member Co-Ed Group} [YG, SM, JYP Auditions Closed]

Blogger: summersdaywithuniversemusic&watermelon

 

Hey, Summer again! So, the results are in for Universe’s solo singles and albums! I have to say, the rankings are really interesting!

 

In terms of Singles, Sky, L1GHT, and Jason seriously dominated in Korea. No other group even came close. But for albums sales, Shin’s fans really stepped up and he set a record for setting the most albums sold on its release date. In China, predictably Chan Hee did the best for both albums and singles. Shim Jang and King also placed very high on sales charts and King’s song was ranked first for a whole two weeks. In America, Shim Jang was #1 in terms of Single sales, which other than Psy, no Asian artist has ever done that before. Jin and placed at #8 for album sales, which is also the highest ever achieved by an Asian artist in America, so Congratulations to them! In Japan, AN was #1 in singles and King was #1 in album sales. Both ranked higher than extremely popular Japan home artists, which is exciting for Korea. AN was also #1 in singles in Europe, which is freaking huge, especially right after Big Bang’s win at the Europe Music Awards. It seems European/Western countries are really starting to participate in the Hallyu wave. Jin placed #1 in album sales, Laiqa placed #6, Jason placed #22. As a whole, every country considered, Laiqa and Sky were both ranked as the highest single and Shin and L1GHT had the most popular albums. The music critics really loved Laiqa’s album, vocally and musically, its been praised as the most accomplished work by any artist anywhere. So, that’s seriously amazing! Their sales numbers are extremely high. One member of Universe has topped the record of 333,000 set by DBSK’s Mirotic. However, the greatest record sales is still held by Universe’s initial album, which is selling even now and has reached sales of approximately 564,000 since last month. GO UNIVERSE! I’m seeing them live in a week! Are you? (:

 

Fan Comments:

Trisaykpopfan: Lol, too bad Shin wouldn’t even have half the supporters he has now if he wasn’t famous from back in the day. His new album .

              Quintenssence34: Uh… Speak for yourself. This album was so much mature vocally   while not losing his acoustic roots and he has a dance song which is perfect for concerts. His fans are not only because he was amazing in the past, but because he is   more so now.

Syallsdf23: Wow, Shim Jang and Jin kill outside of Korea, that’s weird that they aren’t as highly ranked as the others in Korea. But yeah, I loved all their albums so much. So different, I was surprised they’ve all managed to perform one song together all this time.
          YooSung89: Seriously! I thought that too. And yet they have such perfect harmony. Did        you see their acapella on Weekly Idol? It was the best. =]

Alice788: Thank God they’re with YG/JYP and not just SM, cause they would’ve never let them perform solos.
          YGSTAN090: Okay, I love YG and all, but that’s not right to say about SM. I mean… SM       

              Promoted their solos as much as YG/JYP did. Maybe in other situations, SM is more   restrictive, but not in this case.

Kaldd98: Wow, they placed top 10 on every music chart in the country. 0.0 Jesus Christ. Even Psy couldn’t do that with Gangnam Style.
     youkellyyoox: I know, so proud to be an Iris/Sirius! <3 Love Universe, esp. King!

88XchristeX90: Personally, Laiqa and L1GHT’s were my favorite albums, but Sky has my vote for best single. <3 And JiHyun has my vote for best-looking flower boy the world has to offer.

Universefanforlife: What really surprised me was the style of the girls! Chan Hee… I would never imagine her with Bloom but she pulled it off so well , and I would never think Jin would choose to do a softer song like Only One. I never thought Shim Jang could be so y and mature, nor would AN be so fierce and Laiqa’s songs were just so… beautiful and young and… My god. I love these girls!
          universekpop09: Seriously! Jin’s song was such a surprise, but it was amazing and the           choreography is so brilliant. I want to see it liiiveee. <3 And Chan Hee’s song was so new, too, but in a good way, although I find it super ual, but hey, she pulled it off.

SMtownisbest34: I’m going to SM Town Seoul! Hope to see them there!

SOoJin222: They seriously changed the definition of “music” and destroyed all the boundaries of “kpop”. No one can beat them, ever. They’re an once-in-a-lifetime thing.

Lisaleyyy34: Interesting how they’re all popular/successive in different areas. Loved all their albums, but it just goes to show you that it takes all ten of them to dominate worldwide the way they did.

              Ginnna4519: yeahhh, sky, shin, Jason, and l1ght are HUGE in korea, musical critics   from everywhere love laiqa, king is famous in japan and china, shim jang is popular         in america/china, jin is well-known in u.s./Europe, an is popular mostly in Europe but     has a pretty good fan base in every country and chan hee has a stable fan base         everywhere too especially china and latin countries. put them all together and you get       the world! (:

 

 

Eun Suk’s POV

Our release of our singles were out and though it was 10 pm, everyone was practicing extremely hard for the debut stages. JiHyun, our experienced soloist, was just finishing up his lecture.

“The stage will feel different, empty, lonely” he was saying, “but as a soloist you have to use that space, love that space, fill that space up so much it will spread to the audience out there. And remember you’re now singing and dancing for four or five minutes straight. Review breathing and know how to pace yourself- don’t go all out from the start or you’ll lose it at the end.”

Motivated, all the members separated to different practice rooms to practice. Since we were at YG, the Big Bang and 2NE1 members had agreed to help us for the day.

Minzy, Taeyang, Sandara, G Dragon, Shim Jang, Chan Hee, and Sky were in one dance practice studio, and Soori, Soo Ri, Gongchan, and Jaesun were grouped with CL, Park Bom, Daesung, Seungri, and TOP were in the recording studios.

“Wait, Kyuhyun, JiHyun…” I said suddenly, acting on a whim, “Will you come with me?”

“Where?” JiHyun asked me, confused.

“Um…” I said, “I’m just feeling a little thirsty.”

I took us to the little soju house that served udon and ddubboki at the corner to the street.

“Ahjumma!” I called, “2 plates of ddubboki, 2 udons, and 3 bottles of soju!”

“Soju?” Kyuhyun said and frowned slightly, “Thought you cut that stuff out.”

“Yeah, first time in three years” I responded and shrugged, “I’m not going to go crazy with it. I know how to balance myself now, don’t worry.”

“Soju’s fine and all, but did something happen to you?” JiHyun asked me, eyeing me.

I shrugged and tried to discreetly swallow back the sudden emotions that welled up inside me.

“Shim Jang and Soo Ri have been acting like mothers to you, which is unusual. Usually those two are the most blunt and straightforward, other than Chan Hee” JiHyun continued softly.

The food arrived and wordlessly I started to pour out soju for all three of us.

Kyuhyun looked slightly disgusted, but when I spilled a single drop of soju on the table, he meticulously took a napkin and wiped it off.

I nearly laughed and scoffed at the same time. His OCD… but at the same time, you have to love this kid for who he is.

JiHyun sighed and downed his shot in one.

“Thought you weren’t good at drinking?” I asked him, one eyebrow raised.

JiHyun shrugged and said, “I wouldn’t know. This is my first drink in years too.”

I dipped my head back and threw my shot in, and the refreshing crispness of alcohol coursed through me.

I smiled, satisfied, as I put my glass down on the table again.

I poured JiHyun and myself another glass and was about to pour another glass for Kyuhyun when I realized that Kyuhyun hadn’t touched his.

“You don’t drink?” JiHyun asked, downing another shot.

“I… I’ve never tried” Kyuhyun admitted.

My eyebrow arched and I grinned as I said, “And I thought you were the bad boy in the group.”

Kyuhyun shrugged and said, “No, I don’t think so. Why do you say that?”

I shrugged and downed another shot, rejoicing in the feeling.

“Well, you have to try sometime in your life” I commented, watching him stab a ddubboki.

“Just try it” JiHyun said, downing yet another shot.

Kyuhyun hesitated and gently picked up his shot glass.

He tipped the glass back into his mouth, but only finished half before spluttering.

“Ah, he feels the burn!” JiHyun said, a little slurred. I looked over at his bottle- he’d only had about half a bottle.

Don’t tell me he’s that bad at drinking.

“Guess you’re not ready for soju” I said to Kyuhyun, taking the glass from him.

“Wait, let me have another go” Kyuhyun said, “Just one more. I can do it.”

“Are you putting your pride on being able to drink soju?” I asked, half-laughing.

“Course, I’m a man, aren’t I?” Kyuhyun replied.

So, as he demanded, I poured another glass and handed it to him.

This time, he kept it down.

“So, tell me”, Kyuhyun said, “What happened with you? You’re upset lately, we can all tell.”

I avoided his eyes and drank another shot.

“And it’s not like you to suddenly drink” Kyuhyun added, “Spit it out, don’t keep it in where it will only grow into a bigger wound.”

I downed another shot before finally saying, “There’s not much to it. I got cheated on, and then he broke up with me.”

I could feel that piercing emotion of sadness, confusion, and anger that I’d felt when I’d walked in on him with another girl… T-ara’s Jiyeon. They were obviously cuddling, if not something more.

I remember just being stunned… and asking him why…

And then he’d stammered out words… words I didn’t quite comprehend.

“You’re never there! You’re always overseas, always at a company. How can you expect us to still be in a relationship when we… Look, I’m sorry, it’s over. And I can’t risk it anymore, not for my group. Our relationship could destroy everything we’ve both worked so hard for… Infinite and Universe… It’s not safe anymore. Let’s end it.”

“And it’s safe for the two of you?” I remember saying, indicating to Jiyeon and Myungsoo.

 Myungsoo’s eyes hardened and he said, “Eun Suk, this is just about us. And honestly, I just… It’s so hard to date someone so… so accomplished. I never feel like a man when I’m with you and I can’t feel like I could protect you. I’m sorry, it’s not that I don’t like you… but…”

I felt like my knees were going to collapse, and I felt so weak, like someone had punched me in the stomach, “I get it” I said, and I told him the same words I’d said to my parents a few years before, “You don’t want me.”

“That’s not it”, he’d protested, but I finally started laughing at the absurdity of it.

If we’re discovered, I have more to lose than you, Myungsoo. But why am I always the one trying to hold on to someone who doesn’t want me?

“Oh, I get it” I said sarcastically, “You’re not man enough to handle someone like me, who actually has ambition and is good at something.”

“No, you can’t understand, and I’m not trying to blame you, but… Eun Suk… I… I just- It’s not about whether we like each other or not anymore, I just…”

He’d growled, frustrated, trying to say something, but not able to say it.

“Find a better guy” I’d commented dully to Jiyeon and then, not really seeing anything in front of me, I’d stumbled out.

I was numb for a while, unsure of what to feel.

I headed to SM Entertainment and sat numbly in a recording studio, blank, blank, blank.

My mind was trying to protect itself from comprehending what I had just experienced.

Hours must have passed.

But I didn’t realize.

Then the door creaked open and someone sat next to me.

I didn’t turn, didn’t care.

“Hey” that person said and I slowly turned my head.

It was DBSK’s Yunho, a mentor and friend who’d I become somewhat close to over the past few months.

Out of it, I bowed to him half-heartedly, remembering my manners even at a time like this.

“What are you doing here?” he asked me, seeming concerned.

My voice cracked as I spoke, my throat was so dry, “Trying…” I said, and my voice trembled, “Trying not to think… or feel.”

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked me seriously.

I nodded, a habit of mine, to deny rejection.

But Yunho turned my chair towards him and said genuinely, “Don’t lie to me. Don’t pretend. Are you really okay? Tell me the truth.”

His eyes were burning, piercing into my soul, and yet there was a gentleness there.

My lips trembled, I tried to hold my composure, but failed, and broke into tears, sobbing.

I tried to cover my face, still embarrassed at my sudden outburst, but Yunho held me in his arms, then, patting my back and telling me to cry, to let it all out.

I didn’t listen, though, I pulled myself back after a few minutes, struggling but succeeding in finding my composure.

“Thank you” I said formally.

He reached and tried to wipe away my tears, but I backed away, uncomfortable. He’s my sunbae, and I… I don’t feel that way for him.

Yunho smiled a little, but it was sad, before drawing back his hand.

“I’m sorry” I said softly, “I’m sorry I can’t…”

Yunho shook his head and said, “No, I understand. Let’s just be friends.”

And rejecting someone made me feel even worse than being rejected, and I’d burst into tears again once he’d left.

 

I closed my eyes and downed another shot.

When I opened them again, it was nearly 11 pm and the lady was closing up.

I looked around and saw JiHyun and Kyuhyun sitting across from me, both drunk off their asses, and singing Psy’s Gangnam Style and cracking up at the littlest things.

“Oh, lord” I groaned.

I realized that while I’d drunk two of the three bottles we’d ordered and was still perfectly fine, both boys got drunk with only one bottle.

“How can you be so weak to alcohol?” I muttered, paying for the bill.

Both of them burst into peals of laughter behind me at some random lyric.

There’s no way I’m getting a taxi, I’m not going to show Universe members in this state.

Finally, with a sigh, I pulled up Kyuhyun’s hood and put my hat on JiHyun and dragged them both out to the streets, Kyuhyun on my left, JiHyun on my right.

We were only halfway down the street when JiHyun started pulling my hair.

“Ow, ow” I cried out and had to stop momentarily to push his hands away from me.

Meanwhile though, Kyuhyun had drifted out to the middle of the street by himself, citing all the names of the capitals of the world.

“Come back here, you fool!” I yelled and dragged JiHyun by the arm to go retrieve Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun suddenly started running, yelling calculus formulas at the top of his voice.

“KYUHYUN COME BACK!” I screamed, but to no avail.

With a huge groan, I lifted JiHyun onto my back and started sprinting down the street after Kyuhyun.

Finally, Kyuhyun came to a bus stop and entered inside it, sitting quietly on the bench.

I finally let out JiHyun down, and he sat on the sidewalk, legs crossed.

I tried to get inside, but Kyuhyun wouldn’t let me in.

I pounded on the glass, but Kyuhyun gave me a mehhh~~rong and proceeded to keep me outside.

Frustrated, I pointed at Kyuhyun and said, “You were supposed to be the Designated Driver! And you!” I pointed at JiHyun on the ground, “as the oldest, is supposed to know how to drink responsibly! But what is this crap!? ”

I threw my hands up and collapsed next to JiHyun, who was mumbling things to himself.

“And then, there was this girl… She was so…”

“What are you talking about?” I asked JiHyun.

Ugh, what am I doing, holding a conversation with a drunk person?

“There was this girl” JiHyun mumbled again, “She was the most gorgeous person I’d ever known… She was… so beautiful, inside and out. So… kind.”

I stayed silent, not sure what the hell he was talking about. I looked behind me to see Kyuhyun fast asleep on the bench. I tried to make sure no one was coming and no bus was coming, so I started to get up, but JiHyun grabbed my arm and continued his mumbling.
“But she fell sick… Took her to the hospital…”

His voice dropped to a whisper, “She had cancer…”

I felt myself starting to get shivers, though I wasn’t sure why. He’s just drunk…

“I couldn’t… Blood types… weren’t the same… and I couldn’t… afford it…”

I wanted to tell him to stop, that this was scaring me, but I was frozen.

“Pursued music, and left her… Why did I… did I… leave… her…? Even my parents… told me… it was… wrong…And when I finally… became successful… Went back… And…”

“She’d already… already… al…”

I swallowed, nervous as hell. What is he talking about?

“Gone” he croaked out, “She was gone.”

This is not the JiHyun I know.

“Ji-JiHyun oppa…” I whispered, shocked.

“WHY!?” he suddenly screamed, and my knees gave out in shock and I fell to the ground beside him. Kyuhyun bolted up and suddenly ran out the bus stop and threw himself at JiHyun, shouting “You woke me UP!”

They started to punch each other and I was screaming at the top of my lungs, dragging them apart.

I finally dragged them both home and threw them into their separate rooms, and I shouted, “YOU TWO ARE NEVER GOING DRINKING AGAIN!”

Sky appeared from the bathroom, a towel around his waist and his very fine body showing, “What is going-?”

Upon seeing me, he quickly crossed his arms across his chest, trying to cover himself up.

I tried not to blush, and just shook my head, not trusting my voice.

Jaesun and Gongchan, our wonderful maknaes, sprang into action, undressing JiHyun and Kyuhyun, washing them, putting them to bed.
It was almost one in the morning.

“I’m going to bed” I said, exhausted emotionally and physically. And yet, maybe that was just what I needed, to keep my mind off of things.

“Y-yeah, see you tomorrow” Sky replied, not looking at me.

But as I left, Jaesun chirped brightly, “GOOD NIGHT, NOONA!”

 

Chan Hee’s POV

“Never. Again.” Eun Suk muttered through her teeth the next morning during breakfast. She was shooting glares at the boys across the table, though I couldn’t figure out which ones.

I sat next to her and said, “Something up?”

Eun Suk shook her head and mumbled, “Boys. Boys is the issue.”

“We’ve got to practice hard for the next week before we debut on our own!” I reminded everyone, and we all nodded and let out a FIGHTING before heading to our own companies, separate for the first time in three years.

I headed to SM where I was welcomed by LuHan, Chanyeol, and Baekhyun.

“I heard your debut song was something totally unexpected” Chanyeol said, “So we came to check it out.”

“Come on” I said, smiling, and led them up to the practice rooms.

About five minutes later, all the back-up dancers arrived. We set up the table and chairs and then began the song.

When we got to some of the more uhh… touchy and sensual parts, my brother gasped and LuHan became stiff. On the other hand, Baekhyun was clapping as though impressed.

When it finished, I turned to them, breathing hard and said, “What do you think?”

Chanyeol shook his head and said, “This is way too… No. We’re replacing your back-up dancers.”

“What?” I asked, confused.

“There’s no way we’re going to let you get that close with random men every time!” LuHan protested.

Baekhyun just laughed but nodded his head and said, “Yeah, it’s a little… um…”

And that is how my six back-up dancers became Exo’s Chanyeol, LuHan, Baekhyun, Kai, SuHo, and Kris.

 

Sky’s POV

This is nothing like performing with Universe.

I let out a deep breath, trying to get myself together before the platform would lift me to stage.

Trying to stop being so aware of the overwhelming emptiness that pressed against me from all sides.

That’s where Gongchan would be standing, and next to him, Soori, and on my left, Shim Jang…

No, stop, focus.

I closed my eyes and tried to relax.

“Going up” the crew hand-signaled to me.

I nodded and felt myself start to be lifted up.

I took one last deep breath and then focused on the sight in front of me.

Ten thousand fans cheering… cheering for me. Alone.

The joy and the burden crashed into me, as solid as a wall, and I nearly forgot how to breathe.

But then the stage lights were on and it was my turn to shine.

That’s right. You’re alone.

The whole stage is yours.

You don’t have to try to match someone else right now.

It’s just you.

So go and kill it.

I smirked as the music started.

You fans have no idea what you’re in for.

a/n: i really don't have any right to even apologize. i just hope you all still go on asianfanfics. <3 hope everyone had amazing holidays. next update by saturday night, feb.1.