2/13/2012

1VS {10 Member Co-Ed Group} [YG, SM, JYP Auditions Closed]

UNIVERSE, 2NE1, BIG BANG CONCERT DEEMED ONE OF THE BEST K-POP CONCERTS OF ALL TIME!

 

UNIVERSE COLLABORATION WITH JYP NATION’S 2AM, 2PM, & MISS A IN LONDON A MAJOR SUCCESS!!!

 

UNIVERSE’S FANTASTIC DEBUT CHINA ALONGSIDE SM GROUP EXO!

 

UNIVERSE PERFORMANCE WITH SNSD ASTOUNDS ALL!

 

UNIVERSE STANDS OUT AT SM FAMILY TOWN!

 

UNIVERSE CONCERT AT SAN FRANCISCO SOLD OUT WITHIN MINUTES!

 

Allkpop, Mnet, Seoulbeats articles:

 

As Universe’s first internal tour ends, they send out a video message to all of the fans in all of the countries they visited as well as those they could not to thank everyone for the support and love and generally amazing experience of their tour.

Although we were only able to speak to them for a few minutes before they had to be escorted before the horde of fans snatched them up, we were able to get a few comments from the spitfire rapper and extremely fierce female main dancer of Universe, Shim Jang, who, backstage, is actually quite an adorable and still quite young girl.

“Every drop of sweat to get to this point was worth it” she said, “I’ve never been so happy in my life. I love this- performing, dancing, singing, rapping, jumping with the crowd, I love it. It’s the most wonderful feeling in the world.”

We were also able to ask AN, the amazingly stunning female visual of Universe, who is even more beautiful in person, how she liked the tour and she responded, “I can’t tell you how lucky I am to be here. I just can’t describe to you how much it all means to me- the fans, of course, but the members and simply being able to perform. It’s all a dream. But at the same time, I know I have to work harder to improve and to show our fans a better stage every time we could back.”

Although AN may say Universe has to improve, the general crowd of kpop seems to disagree as Universe rocks all the charts, beating even SNSD, DBSK, and Big Bang in terms of selling tickets currently.

 

Comments (9,780):

Ashleykpop24:  Went to their live performance in France! Oh my goodness, their stage presence is freaking crazy! Whenever they sing a ballad, it’s dead quiet out of respect and whenever they sing a dance song, everyone dances along and screams their lungs out. I went to see Chan Hee, L1GHT, and Shim Jang, but they ALL caught my eye!

Sweetsummerjade: Went to L.A. one! King is hecka freaking tall and Shin is so good-looking, it’s unreal. 0.0 And they’re really good. I mean, I love SNSD forever, but Epik Love! kicks their with vocals/rap/dance/stage presence.

Reply: arianagorg34: Okay, no. I mean, they’re good. I saw them live too, but they are NOT better than SNSD. Shut up.

Reply: Foreverberry: I don’t think you saw them live… The difference is too obvious. I love SNSD a lot too and my ultimate bias is Tiffany, but ... Epik Love! has far more stable and emotional vocals, more precise and synchronized dance, and they have that hip-hop flow for rapping. And their stage presence gives you the chills, seriously. I don’t think you can say that for SNSD.

Akatsuki1238: allkpop . How the hell can you compare a rookie group to older, more experienced groups like DBSK, SNSD, and Big Bang? Um… please.

Reply: Emerald-princess: Okay, I said that too, but please go see their live. At SMTown in L.A., DBSK Yunho, Exo’s Kai, Super Junior Eunhyuk, SHINee Taemin, and Universe’s Sky and L1GHT were dancing together and seriously, the sunbaes looked like the hoobaes. Not that Yunho, Eunhyuk, Kai, or Taemin were bad- they’re actually the best, but Universe is THAT good. Same goes for when SNSD’s Hyoyeon and Epik Love’s Chan Hee had that dance duet. Chan Hee was way more powerful and she’s not even the main dancer of Epik Love!

Adjfah67: Universe daebaek! Universe Hwaiting!!!~~~

Kim_JongKyung004: I hope they’re not just a one-time group that burns out…. :/ They have such a high standard now, I feel like they won’t be able to go on.

SNSDisthebest: UNIVERSE SARANGHAE! ESPECIALLY KING & SHIN! I SHIP <3!

Seohyuncutie: Chan Hee unni, Hwaiting! I loved seeing you with Chanyeol in China! You guys are so talented! <3 Oh, and I was really surprised by how fierce Jin was too. I love them!

KatiePalmer:  Bought all of your albums! Universe Hwaiting!~ Please come to Indonesia!

Ldofigf900: They need to collaborate with Big Bang again, that was amazing! And Minzy + Shim Jang= HOLY CRAP. BEST DANCING EVER. And Laiqa + Jason were such a cute sibling couple. 

Oktaecyeonsarangahae: Laiqa’s voice. Omooooo. Sooo good live. Like an angel. And AN is freaking gorgeous. She passed by me when she walking around on stage and I was just like, stunned, she’s so beautiful.

Glamourkid: I met Jason oppa at the fanmeet! He’s so adorable and so nice. (: He draws bunnies as signs. Hehe, so cute, huh?

Universe153: Saw them at San Francisco. Best concert ever. Definitely going again if possible. Shin’s voice is seriously… just… And L1GHT is like… on fire the whole time. I sense some thing going on between L1GHT and AN? They seem way close. 

Reply: IloveTaeyeonunniL: I thought they seemed really close to, but so do Chan Hee and Shin. I think they’re all just friends.

Reply: Jinyoung45699: I ship Shin + King forever. And I ship 2Ri too, those girls are just too beautiful for boys. If they get married, I’m going to cry. T_T

XfairytalesX: I feel like they brought back the fading waves of the Hallyu wave. <333 Love Universe, my bias especially is Sky. He looked so gentlemanly live when I got his autograph. Sigh* He was so handsome. But he looked tired too. They need to sleep!

 

And sleep they did. As soon as they arrived home, Universe dropped their suitcases and souvenirs on the ground and fell asleep soundly, oblivious to all else but their pillows.

 

Soo Ri’s POV

I woke up, groggy.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, momentarily confused.

What country are we in today?

And then I saw Kyuhyun’s peaceful sleeping face and realized we were back home, in Korea.

I smiled and I felt so happy all of a sudden.

I’d really loved the tour, loved the travelling, loved all of it, but now I was home, and it just made me love everything that much more.

“Oppa, wake up” I said, walking over to him and wincing. Aw, man, dancing and jumping for so many days straight has made me really sore.

Kyuhyun just mumbled something like, “Leave me alone” before rolling over.

“Get upppp~” I said, tickling his side.

He tried to swat me away, but I avoided him and poked his side.

He groaned and said, “Stop it, I need to rest before our performance today…”

“We don’t have a performance today, oppa, remember? We’re at home” I told him.

He finally opened one eye to look around him.

“Oh”, he said, sitting up tiredly, “That’s right. I forgot we returned.”

“Me, too, at first” I admitted.

“What time is it?” he asked me.

I glanced over at the clock and read aloud “4am…”

4am!?

“Ugh, I hate jet lag”, Kyuhyun complained, stretching.

He fell back into bed, but I tugged at his sweater again, “I’m hungry, oppa.”

“I don’t know, go find yourself something to eat” he muttered, hiding his face in his pillow.

“We don’t have anything to eat, we cleared out our refrigerator before we left for the tour” I reminded him.

He didn’t respond.

Fine, you lazy jerk.

I got up and changed clothing and made sure to take some money from my wallet. And just before I was about to leave-

“Soo Ri, it’s four in the morning. Where do you think you’re going?”

I smiled to myself but didn’t say anything as I left the room.

I was almost to the end of the stairs when Kyuhyun ran up behind me, grumbling. He’d barely changed into new clothes, but he was following me out.

I smiled and said, “Knew you’d come.”

Kyuhyun shook his head, “How is it you are exactly like Jaesun and Gongchan?”

He followed me out in sulky silence, but after we’d walked for about a minute or so, he asked me where I was heading.

“To the ddubokki shop we always used to go to after training” I told him, making a left turn.

“Oh, wow, we haven’t been here in a while” Kyuhyun commented as we approached the ddubboki stand, which was open 24 hours.

We greeted the grandmother who ran the place and ordered two plates of spicy ddubboki.

We sat at the booth there as we started eating.

“It tastes so good” I said, happy. It’s been too long since we had real Korean food…

Kyuhyun nodded, “Yeah, I didn’t realize how much I missed Korea.”

“Hey, Kyuhyun”, I said, a little hesitantly.

“What’s up?”

I bit my lip. Should I say this? No?

“Spit it out” Kyuhyun told me then, “You think about things too much.”

I sighed and then admitted, “I feel like Gongchan and Soori are avoiding each other, and Chan Hee’s definitely distancing herself from JiHyun, too.”

Kyuhyun was quiet for a few seconds but then he said, “We can’t do anything about the leaders, they’ll figure it out. If we draw attention to them, it’ll just become worse. Especially with Chan Hee’s personality, she’s always honest which means she’s terrible at lying. And JiHyun will come up with an answer. But we could probably figure out what’s wrong with Gongchan and Soori…”

I nodded in agreement, but neither of us were sure where to start so we lapsed back into silence and finished the ddubboki.

“Let’s get some food for the others, too”, I suggested, “I’m sure they’ll be hungry when they wake up.”

Kyuhyun nodded and we ordered some more food before we started to walk back.

We were halfway to our dorm when Kyuhyun said quietly, “I think he likes her.”

“Who?” I asked, confused.

“Gongchan. I think he likes Soori.”

“Really?” I said, taken aback by the thought. I’ve never thought of Gongchan as the type to get into a serious relationship with anybody. He’s always so… happy and so… childish? Does he really feel like that for Soori? Besides, isn’t Soori head over heels for Junho?

“It’s just my thought” Kyuhyun added, seeing how I wasn’t responding.

I shrugged, unsure.

We’d reached the dorm and agreeing not to tell anyone else about what we thought, we entered our dorm.

 

To my surprise, everyone was already awake. They were gathered in the living room, around a computer.

“What’s up?” Kyuhyun asked, as we joined them.

“Just reviewing our performances and checking out netizen comments”, Chan Hee answered.

“Where did you two go?” Soori asked.

“Anyone hungry?” I said, and lifted up the food we had bought by way of reply.

“Yes!” Gongchan shouted and snatched the food away before anyone else could.

“Aren’t you usually asleep, Gongchan?” I asked him, “You used to always be lights out before twelve.”

“Yeah, well, that sleeping schedule became a little impossible what with practicing for the musical, our crazy attempt to release a ton of mini-albums in a few weeks, and an international tour filled with jet lag, right?” he shot back before heading off to the kitchen to open the boxes of food. Both Shim Jang and Jaesun were hot on his heels.

“See, I told you you’re supposed to step to the left, not the right!” Chan Hee slapped Sky’s back, “Look, look, rewind that!”
Sky scowled at her slap, but focused intensely at the screen and nodded when he saw the mistake.

“Damn, I didn’t even realize that I’d slipped up… I guess I’ll have to practice that again…” he said, shooting an apologetic look at everyone else.

“Oh, shut up. Don’t start your ‘I-messed-everything-up” thing again”, Kyuhyun said, rolling his eyes, “I messed up the beat twice, got the pitch wrong three times, got the lyrics wrong twice, held my microphone upside down once, and even missed my introduction. And those are just the few I remember, I probably have more.”

“True”, JiHyun said, “but the tour is behind us now. We have to focus on our award ceremony performances, which I think Jaesun had all planned out already. And remember, think of solo concepts!”

Jaesun, Gongchan, and Shim Jang returned from the kitchen holding plates of food. We abandoned the laptop for a moment as we gathered around the food.

I watched as Gongchan was about to sit next to Soori, then suddenly paused and eased himself next to JiHyun instead. Soori seemed to have noticed and though she seemed a little bothered by it, she shook it off and hugged Eun Suk when she sat next to her.

“I’ve got to leave for practice for the musical at 6:30”, Gongchan reminded us.

“Oh, yeah, I’ve got to meet up for MC-ing”, Jaesun said.

“And I’ve got to check in with the three Presidents and head off to drama filming soon, too”, JiHyun reminded himself. He looked exhausted, but he didn’t say anything, simply reached for some food.

That’s right. The tour’s over, but everything else is just starting. This isn’t the time to be distracted or be leisurely.

“Whoa, 25 million views on our video from Beijing!” Eun Suk commented, scrolling through the videos.

Suddenly, she burst out laughing.

“What?” I asked her, looking over at her.

“Look, there’s a video of us at the airport. Oh my god, we looked scared out of our minds”, Eun Suk explained, laughing her head off.

“And look”, Soori said, looking over Eun Suk’s shoulder and pointing at the screen, “Someone ships L1GHT and Sky… Hey, there’s one for us, Soo Ri.”

I laughed, “Really?”

“Ouch, that’s mean” Eun Suk said, pouting at some comment some netizen had made.

“Don’t read it, not worth your time”, Jaesun said airily, waving his fork in the air.

Suddenly, Eun Suk’s eyes widened and Soori viciously snatched the laptop away from her.

I hesitated, but no one else seemed to have noticed and Soori had put her hand on Jin’s shoulder, asking her silently to keep still.

Eun Suk fell backwards into the couch, but I thought I saw her glance uneasily at either me or Shim Jang, who was sitting next to me.

Before I could say anything, Gongchan, JiHyun, and Jaesun all got up to head out to where they needed to go.

“Hold on”, Chan Hee said, “I should probably go with you JiHyun, if we’re talking to the Presidents. I am a leader, after all.”

JiHyun seemed to hesitate, but he simply nodded before heading out. 

Kyuhyun and I exchanged glances but let them be.

Then, just before Gongchan and Jaesun left, Jaesun shouted out, “Hey, Gongchan!”

“What?” Gongchan asked, startled.

Jaesun hesitated and then he said, “Why does your underwear seem so familiar…?”

“Huh?”

Suddenly, Kyuhyun jumped up from the couch, “HEY! GONGCHAN! WHY ARE YOU WEARING MY UNDERWEAR!?”

“I didn’t have any cause we just came back and-and”, Gongchan spluttered, but when Kyuhyun started to walk towards him, Gongchan dashed out, pulling Jaesun with him, before slamming shut the door.

Kyuhyun groaned and flopped back on the couch, shaking his head.

Soori laughed and patted his shoulder for comfort, but then admitted, “I think Jaesun was wearing one of your shirts, too.”

“And if for some reason, your shampoo is running really low, that’s JiHyun”, I informed Kyuhyun.

“What, did Sky steal my conditioner, then?” Kyuhyun grumbled.

Eun Suk shot me a wink before replying, “No, actually, that was Balam.”

 

a/n: hello, welcome back to korea! (:

also, i want you to e-mail me the one song you want as your solo debut. it can be dance-related or a ballad or an acoustic version, whatever. but it has to be solo! private message me it!

 

hope you all have a beautiful day!