5/22/2012

1VS {10 Member Co-Ed Group} [YG, SM, JYP Auditions Closed]

They were shooting their Introduction clip right now.

“We are-“, JiHyun began.

“CHROME!”, all five boys yelled.

“And-“, Chan Hee started.

“EPIK LOVE!”, all five girls yelled.

“Wait, cut”, the YG President said. The Universe members looked at the President with confused expressions. What was wrong?

“Look, I forgot to tell you before the shoot…”, the President said, “we- the other Presidents and I-we’ve decided that you girls should just be LOVE. There’s no need to say Epik. I mean, the boys aren’t Beast Chrome, right?” 

Universe looked at each other in surprise.

“But, Pres-“, Chan Hee started.

“No, just try it”, the President urged.

“Wait, President-“, Gongchan began to say.

“Just try it”, the President repeated.

“We won’t”, Eun Suk said, folding her arms.

“What?’”, the President asked, staring at Eun Suk.

“We are Epik Love. We can’t thank our mentor enough. And he was our mentor. Particularly for us girls. We want it to stay that way, right?”, Chan Hee defended, looking at the other girls.

The other four nodded and Soo Ri said, “Please don’t make us change it. It… we’re not just…LOVE.”

The YG President sighed and ran a hand through his hair, “All right. Fine then.”

“Thank you”, Chan Hee said, and bowed to him.

“Everything okay?”, the director asked.

JiHyun nodded and said, “Yeah, can we try that one more time?”

“Okay… ready… and… action!”

“ANNYEONGHASEHYO!”

“We are-“

“CHROME!”

“And-“

“EPIK LOVE!”

“And as one, we are-“

“UNIVERSE!”

“I am Shin, the Ex-flower Boy Leader of Chrome and a rapper of Universe.”

“I am Chan Hee, the Leader of Epik Love! and a rapper of Universe.”

“I am Sky, the Mysterious Sky of Chrome, and a dancer of Universe.”

“I am Jin, the Rebel of Epik Love!, and a triple threat of Universe.”

“I am L1GHT, the Charismatic Prankster of Chrome, and a vocalist of Universe.”

“I am AN, the Mysterious Angel of Epik Love!, and half the face of Universe.”

“I am Jason, the Charmander of Chrome, and a triple threat of Universe.

“I am Laiqa, the Morning Sky of Epik Love!, and a vocalist of Universe.”

“I am King, the Energizing Maknae of Chrome, and the other half of the face of Universe.”

“I am Shim Jang, the Pearl of Epik Love!, and a dancer of Universe.”

 

“We’ve all trained very hard and are very lucky to stand here, speaking in front of you. Thank you to the Presidents of JYP, YG, and SM, and to all of our sunbaenims for their help, especially Epik High! and B2St. And I hope that we will be able to perform so that we exceed your expectations. Thank you for your interest in us!” 

“Cut! Good! Now, in Chinese!....”

 

It was the evening before the debut and the members of Universe, Epik High, and Beast were all gathered in the JYP practice room.

“Tomorrow…”, Soori said, and sighed.

“You’re not supposed to sigh, you’re supposed to be excited!”, Junhyung said, poking her in the side, and making her giggle.

“We heard rumors…”, Shim Jang said.

“Of what?”, Mithra asked her.

“Well, I don’t know if Minzy said this to make me afraid, but she said if we didn’t win an award for our debut, we’d be disbanded.”

There was silence.

“Is it true?”, Sky asked.

“Well, the rule is usually you get a debut and a comeback to prove yourself…”, Tablo said dryly.

All the members of Universe exchanged worried looks.

“Look, worry about that after the performance, but don’t let it hinder the performance itself. You’ll just end up with a lot of regret”, Tukutz said, unusually stern.

“You guys have no need to worry”, Yoseob added, “you’ve got the most talent I’ve seen in a long while.”

Doojoon nodded and slung his arms around Gongchan and Jaesun playfully, “Don’t worry about it, okay? We’ll put in a good word for you if anything like that happens.” 

“Yeah, so go home, and sleep!”, Hyunseung said.

“We’ll watch you guys from backstage tomorrow, okay? So in case we don’t catch you tomorrow, good luck!”, Kikwang said.

 

“I’m going to debut tomorrow”, Soo Ri whispered out loud. It was 2 am, and both girls were in bed.

But neither of them were sleeping.

“Testing what it feels like to say it?”, Soori asked, turning in her bed to face AN.

“I thought you were sleeping”, Soo Ri said, but she didn’t feel embarrassed at all. Over the years they’d trained together, Soori could see through Soo Ri like glass. There was nothing Soo Ri would be embarrassed to tell Soori anymore… except for the fact that… well.

“I would be sleeping… if I could”, Soori responded.

Soo Ri sighed and folded her arms behind her head.

“Hey, Soo Ri, did you see the comments on the teaser?”, Soori asked.

“Yeah, Kyuhyun, Shim Jang, and I looked at them yesterday. Kyuhyun and Shim Jang looked at them all night yesterday, which is why they can sleep today”, Soo Ri replied.

“Smart kids… But, you know, they called you beautiful”, Soori said.

Soo Ri hesitated and then said, “It’s a weird feeling…”

“But isn’t it nice? You’ve worked so hard…”, Soori said.

Soo Ri shrugged, but a few minutes later, replied, “Yeah, it is nice. It feels fantastic.” 

 

Chan Hee sighed deeply, sitting up in bed.

She had to gather her thoughts. She couldn’t fall to pieces now…

“What exactly worries you so much?”, Eun Suk asked, sleepily. Her voice was groggy.

“Were you sleeping?”

“Yeah, but I’m up now”, Eun Suk said heavily, also sitting up. She tiredly rubbed her eyes.

“Chan Hee, you haven’t been sleeping for the past week.”

“You knowing that… means you’ve also been not sleeping for the past week”, Chan Hee replied.

Eun Suk shrugged, “I’m used to insomnia… I had it as a child, and I’ve learned to deal… You, on the other hand…not so much.”

Chan Hee’s eyebrow furrowed, “Learned to deal? You fell asleep by drinking, right?”

Eun Suk’s jaw set, “Let’s not talk about this.”

Chan Hee shook her head, “Where do you come from, Eun Suk? You’re so different from me.”

“Don’t remind me”, Eun Suk muttered, starting to slip back under the covers.

“I don’t mean to insult you. I know you’re trying”, Chan Hee said, not wanting to fight Eun Suk the night before their debut.

They’d both been feeling the stress lately, and had gotten into more and more fights in the practice room everyday. They’d both gotten yelled at by Doojoon yesterday for disturbing practice way too much.

But Chan Hee now knew that Eun Suk had been watching over her every night… worried. Chan Hee owed Eun Suk.  And she was a leader.

“I haven’t smoked or drank or cut since I joined Universe…”, Eun Suk admitted, softly.

Chan Hee’s eyes widened.

What? Eun Suk had abstained for two and a half years? Without telling anyone?

Deeply impressed and touched, Chan Hee slid off her bed and walked over to Eun Suk’s bed.

Eun Suk looked up from under the covers. Her eyes were rimmed red.

“What do you want?”, Eun Suk asked, defensive.

Chan Hee rolled her eyes, “Move over.”

And when Eun Suk protested, Chan Hee pushed Eun Suk over to one side of her bed and climbed in next to Eun Suk.

 

What the girls didn’t know was that Shim Jang had snuck over to the boys’ dorm. She was with Jaesun and Sky in their room.

Sky, uncomfortable with a girl there, had quietly barricaded himself and Jaesun by piling all his blankets around him.

 “I’m not going to bite you”, Shim Jang said, laughing. Sky replied by placing a pillow on top of his “wall”.

Shim Jang rolled her eyes, “Gee, what a trusting fellow main dancer. You jerk. At least let Jaesun oppa come out and talk to me.”

Sky responded by launching Jaesun’s rabbit over the wall.

“Hey, yo, not cool!”, Jaesun toppled over Sky’s wall to save his rabbit from Shim Jang. He snatched it back from her in a matter of seconds.

Shim Jang shook her head, “You and your Chu. I cannot believe that you are older than Soori.”

Jaesun shrugged, “Believe whatever you want, doesn’t matter to me.”

Shim Jang eyed Jaesun, “Did you practice spitting today? Did you get past nine feet?”

“Yup. Nine feet, five inches”, Jaesun responded, “Almost beat you.”

“Yeah, right. Nine feet, five inches is not even close to ten feet, two inches.”

Sky sighed, “That’s gross. I don’t understand why you two spit all the time.”

Jaesun looked at Shim Jang and they grinned at each other.

“Just keep dancing, oppppppppa”, Shim Jang said, mimicking one of the fangirls who had commented about Sky on his teaser video.

“Oh, why you soooo good-looking, oppppppa?’”, Jaesun imitated, batting his eyelashes at Sky. Sky threw his pillow in Jaesun’s face, but couldn’t help the blush spreading up his neck.

Suddenly, the door opened.

“Who the hell is speaking so creepily in here!?”, JiHyun walked in wearing a shower cap. Other than that though… he was dressed in a shirt and sweats?

“Oppa… what the hell are you wearing on your head?”, Shim Jang asked him, confused.

“Well- Shim Jang! What are you doing here? Are all the girls here?”, JiHyun asked, whipping off his shower cap.

“Um… no. Just me. But answer my question. What’s up with… your… gear?”, Shim Jang asked.

“Oh… I… well Gongchan suggested… in order to keep from pulling out my hair…”, JiHyun suddenly had a coughing fit when Sky and Jaesun burst out laughing.

“Where’s Gongchan and Kyuhyun?”, Shim Jang asked.

“Gongchan’s sleeping. You know he’s lights out at 12 no matter what”, Sky replied.

“Kyuhyun’s memorizing”, JiHyun responded, “I saw him in the kitchen on my way here.”

“Memorizing?”, Shim Jang asked, confused again.

“Yeah, see”, Jaesun explained, “Our Kyuhyun deals with stress by observing things and memorizing. The night before he went out with Krystal for the movies, he memorized all capitals in the world.”

“No way”, Shim Jang said, awestruck.

“Yeah, it’s true”, Sky said.

“KYUHYUN”, JiHyun yelled, “What’s the capital of Ireland?”

“DUBLIN”, they heard him yell back.

“CHINA?”, Jaesun yelled.

“BEIJING.”

“That’s way too easy”, Shim Jang replied, hitting Jaesun on the shoulder.

“Then you try”, he muttered back, rubbing his shoulder.

“UM…. LEBANON?”

“BEIRUT”, Kyuhyun yelled back.

“MALAYSIA?”

“KUALA LUMPUR.”

Shim Jang’s jaw dropped.

“You done asking me these questions?”, Kyuhyun asked, opening the door.

“You…”, Shim Jang said, her eyes wide open, “are… a god.”

Kyuhyun just shrugged and sat next to Sky.

Sky smirked and patted Kyuhyun’s shoulder, “Our mad genius.”

“And he’s our hot opppppppppppaaaaaaa~”, Jaesun said, batting her eyelashes at Kyuhyun.

“So it’s you I heard saying “oppa” from my room! You’re the creeper!”, JiHyun pointed at Jaesun. 

Jaesun just grinned and laid back in his bed, feeling satisfied.

a/n: i LOVED your guys' personas. you all are so good at this. :...) tell me your favorite persona! they are all fantastic and perfectly suit your characters, but I loved AN's and Laiqa's (2ri?) haha. And I love when you guys come up with pairings nd nickname them. :D